emu

Corrado No 7 - My First Storm - I am back :)

Well, never say never. My life circumstances changed again. After splitting with my other halve I had to get my own flat. Because Aberdeen prices are high sky and if you like to buy something you need to put at least 25k over a valuation price I had to sell my evo and all the bits collected to it. Anyway long story short I got myself a green storm. For the price I paid I couldn't say no. So far I drove it for about 20 meters so really can't say anything about except that clutch is on a way out, or other clutch related problem. Time taking but easy fix for me.

Car is known by forum members as been here for a long time and previous owner bought it from forum member who had it for 9 years if I'm not mistaken.

Some work done by previous owner

- New Starter Motor

- New Bosch Silver Battery

- Replaced exterior sunroof seal as rubber had degraded

- Partial respray in Oct 13. Whole car apart from front bumper, roof and bonnet. At the same time undersealed whole car.

- Refurbished brakes and oil change, full service

- AP coilovers

- Replace faulty ABS pump with reconditioned unit

- 4 new Hankock tyres fitted less than 300 miles ago

- New HT leads, spark plugs and air filter

- Full stainless exhaust

- Alpine head unit with ipod connection. Green so matches car well.

- New set of tailored cream mats.

- HID front lights.

- Front brakes upgraded to 288mm from a mk4 golf, common upgrade, improves braking

Of course some common problems, sunroof doesn't work but have another in garage, electric mirrors doesn't work, different headlight switch fitted, interior needs cleaning, leather needs refurbishment, pvc valve cracked.

My plans for the car are to keep it clean and enjoy it. Probably will change a wheels at some point, maybe new cams and some strut braces but this is it. There won't be any turbo or different mad plans as I had with my old Corrado's. Honestly I will buy another evo as soon as I can but this one is a keeper and I will do my best to bring it back to show condition and keep it this way.

Car at the moment is parked in my garage and will be there till I buy new flat. Happy days as today my offer for a flat was accepted so I might be able to take it out of the garage in summer holidays time. Will see how it goes in next 2 months.

Pictures taken by previous owner before I bought it

image34.jpg

image35.jpg

image37.jpg

image29.jpg

image17.jpg

image06.jpg]

image20.jpg

Edited by emu

Welcome back, good to see people coming back to the car. Youre nearly as bad as me! I picked up my eighth Corrado on Sunday(seventh VR6)!!I can never stay away for more than a few months! Your new Storm looks lovely, always nice to see cars that haven't been messed about with. My last Corrado was a green Storm from Scotland, which on reflection I probably shouldn't have sold!

Nice one Emu, I bet your sick that you sold all your spares though :bonk:

Thanks Bill. I'm not really to sick after selling all the stuff I had for Corrado as to be honest it is cheaper to buy evo 6 than make a proper vr6 turbo. To be frankly I never was so scary behind steering wheel of evo than any other fast cars I driven before. I must have it back one day but I will try to keep Corrado as well. Its stronger than me :)

Welcome back mate.... it appears no one ever leaves entirely! :lol:

I'd love an Evo. Drove one in anger a few years ago and it was fantastic, just a shame they seem to attract a bit of a poor image these days.

I made attempt for a first test drive today but no luck.

First of all I called my insurance and car is finally insured. That went all ok :)

Then I decided to fit new pcv valve and that went not that good as a s shaped pipe is cracked so no point fitting it back. Need to wait till replacement arrives.

This is how my current pcv valve looked like.

pcv-3.jpg

Was thinking about using pcv delete kit but decided to leave it factory way and bought new pcv valve. £50 for a bit of plastic. That's ridiculous but no other choice.

Edited by emu

Car is on the road now :)

Driven it for the first time today, and driven it quiet hard. I need to admit that I'm well impresses with AP coilovers, they do job quiet well and are not to hard or crunchy.

Fixed my new PCV valve and not cracked s shaped pipe as well. Seems like it fixed my stalling problem as all old bits were well cracked. Plugged cat to vagcom today and no faults at all.

Still have few minor issues:

- Brakes not catching at same strength during very hard braking and car seems to go sideways a bit, discs looks brand new, same as pads and I bet I need to think about buying 4 new calipers, plan is to put new mk4 rear calipers and maybe new 312mm fronts but that need to go with new discs as well.

- Radiator fans doesn't work and one of the previous owners fitted a switch beside steering wheel slowing switching them on and off. I believe they work then on 3rd speed and they are very loud then. Need to have a look at replacing all temperature switches and fan switch as well but can live with it so far.

- Sunroof doesn't work and electric mirrors as well but I knew about it before I bought it so will fix it at some point as well.

- There is a different light switch, fits and work perfectly, just looks different, already got a replacement, just need fitting.

Other that that car drives fine and I'm happy with it. Already bought a new set of 17" wheels for it but update with pictures will be within next couple of months.

Car is on the road now :)

Driven it for the first time today, and driven it quiet hard. I need to admit that I'm well impresses with AP coilovers, they do job quiet well and are not to hard or crunchy.

Fixed my new PCV valve and not cracked s shaped pipe as well. Seems like it fixed my stalling problem as all old bits were well cracked. Plugged cat to vagcom today and no faults at all.

Still have few minor issues:

- Brakes not catching at same strength during very hard braking and car seems to go sideways a bit, discs looks brand new, same as pads and I bet I need to think about buying 4 new calipers, plan is to put new mk4 rear calipers and maybe new 312mm fronts but that need to go with new discs as well.

- Radiator fans doesn't work and one of the previous owners fitted a switch beside steering wheel slowing switching them on and off. I believe they work then on 3rd speed and they are very loud then. Need to have a look at replacing all temperature switches and fan switch as well but can live with it so far.

- Sunroof doesn't work and electric mirrors as well but I knew about it before I bought it so will fix it at some point as well.

- There is a different light switch, fits and work perfectly, just looks different, already got a replacement, just need fitting.

Other that that car drives fine and I'm happy with it. Already bought a new set of 17" wheels for it but update with pictures will be within next couple of months.

Well, no real update here. Carr been sitting in a garage but got his chance when my daily needed a new clutch and gearbox rebuild so I've been driving it for a month now. I really enjoyed every mile :)

Today was an MOT time and it went through with only few minor advisories.

- 4 slightly corroded brake pipes, hmm time for a new one before next MOT

- Exhaust rubbers perished - should still have some new powerflex's in my storage

- Deterioration of headlights - need to get second pair and send them to Poland for refurbishment

Not to bad for 19 year old car with 169k on the clock :)

Nice to hear things are working out fine with the car for you . Its amazing that you and a few others are on your 7th or 8th Corrado !.They are addictive though . Im still on my first, 7 years and still going strong .

Ooooo yes. Its definitely and addiction. This one is a keeper, even if I won't be able to use it I will keep it in a garage just to look at it :)

If it's of any use there's a place in the UK that can refurb the reflectors in headlights... a lot of folks on here have talked about these guys over the years (myself included) but I'm not sure if anyone has actually used them yet?! :)

http://www.dual-metallising.co.uk

If it's of any use there's a place in the UK that can refurb the reflectors in headlights... a lot of folks on here have talked about these guys over the years (myself included) but I'm not sure if anyone has actually used them yet?! :)

http://www.dual-metallising.co.uk

Cool, thanks Jim. I'll give them a call when I have spare reflectors and will see what they are asking for it.

Not much happening as I'm extremely busy. Bought new wheels about 6-7 months ago. They are in perfect condition but needs resealing so I'm hoping I will get some time before next summer to take them apart and put a new seal on them.

Was thinking about changing a color of centers from yellow to silver but I thing yellow will fit green storm perfectly :)

So what you thing, they called ACT Mesh. 3pc forged wheels, 17" and as far as I remember 8,5" all round.

Act-01.jpg

Act-02.jpg

Edited by emu

It's been a long time since the last update. Been busy working them been made redundant and had no money to drive it or do anything with it. Now finally after 4 months I managed to find a new job and decided to fix all the advisory's from last MOT. Main one re headlights not reflecting light properly, they still passed MOT last year but I want to make them perfect. Looks like someone before used 100w bulbs and they went yellow and at the top of reflector and someone already stick some reflective tape which was all gone by now.

Lights are stripped down and will be sent away for re mirroring.

Headlight-Reflector-2.jpg

Headlight-Reflector-1.jpg

Headlight-Reflector-4.jpg

Headlight-Reflector-3.jpg

Headlight-Reflector-5.jpg

Headlight-Reflector-6.jpg

My next jobs advisory are 4 brake pipes, surface rust, already had a look at them and it's nothing, so a bit of wire brush and black hammerite paint should sort it out.

Third and last adviroey are perished exhaust rubbers, so I'm just going to replace all of them with brand new ones.

Car is going to be sorned till next summer and kept in the garage as due to my new job I will have no time to use it as most of the time I will be away from home.

Edited by emu

Got a parcel from Poland today. My reflectors mirrors are like new again :) Can't wait to fit them.

headlight-mirror-2.jpg

headlight-mirror-3.jpg

headlight-mirror-1.jpg

headlight-mirror-5.jpg

headlight-mirror-6.jpg

Edited by emu

those reflectors look fantastic. How much did the metallising set you back, if you don't mind me asking?

It was £80 including all postage costs.

Did a research in UK and cheapest I found was £170

It has been a long time....but I am back. Still very busy but 2020 is the year when Corrado will go back on the road

2 house moves, weeding, my son was born and we are having another child on the way but I kept it. My Storm has been stored in 2 different garages till finally over a year ago we managed to buy a house with double garage so I finally have a space to keep it and work on it. She has been started very often and driven more recently along the drive way. Car has no mot as I still didn't put the headlights together.

Feels nice to be back.