Sign in to follow this  
randal

A Thank You :: randal's ex-rado

Yeah does a bit :oops: Fortunately you can't see any of the green now it's back on the ground with wheels!

A lot better thanks, although I'm only happy looking at from the back given the side "imperfections" :roll:

Once the bodywork is sorted, I'm going to look at getting some rims on there ASAP. Those sebrings are horrible, knackered, scuffed, scraped and downright crap. Winter reufen!

Just a quick update, in the last month she's been lowered, had a large portion of the suspension and related components replaced.

New shocks, springs, top mounts, bump stops, wheel bearings, brakes, roll bar bushes and drop links, wishbone bushes, track rod ends, aaaaaand scent of mullet air freshener :D

Have also fitted that Passat light with the ambient glow I was harping on about, and more or less switched everything to red illumination. The latter was made possible in the large part by Dave and Phil (gradeAfailure and Phil K)

Unfortunately as previously mentioned, the rado is also sporting a pretty wicked dent in the rear quarter. To be repaired in July... :| Once that's done and out of the way, I can get around to rebuilding the head I've got and other funky thangs. I know it doesn't sound like much when held up against the likes of the magic some are doing with R32, V6 and 20vT conversions, and the uniqueness of the interiors/exteriors seen at present. But, it's my valver - still sticks a big ol' grin on my face - and at the end of the day a rado. :D

[web]http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/album_pic.php?pic_id=734[/web]

she looks grand!

how does do the red & passat lights look? have to get some pics of that i'd be mighty interested!

But, it's my valver - still sticks a big ol' grin on my face - and at the end of the day a rado. :D

I know what you mean. When I look at the scratch on my car it puts a big :( on my face but then I get in it and drive it :D :D :D :D

I LOVE my car :wink:

she looks grand!

how does do the red & passat lights look? have to get some pics of that i'd be mighty interested!

Right, I'll get those leccy window switches and the heater panel finished and post up some piccies.

But, it's my valver - still sticks a big ol' grin on my face - and at the end of the day a rado. :D

I know what you mean. When I look at the scratch on my car it puts a big :( on my face but then I get in it and drive it :D :D :D :D

I LOVE my car :wink:

There's definately something about these cars alright, grin in a can. I hear what you're saying, scratch/dent or not. If anything it's just a reminder to get it sorted :)

Id hold onto those sebrings if you do get new wheels, you never know when you might need them + you can always put them back on if your selling down the line.

I’ve had the same troubles with my 16V (as im sure many on here have) Im almost at the end of the major jobs (Engine + suspension rebuilds) and it’s a good feeling seeing it all come together bit by bit.

What brakes did you go with g60s? Did you do the rears?

I think I'll hold on to them as "winter wheels", plus as you say it's a good idea to keep them in case of a sale. If it wasn't for the fact they're so porked, I'd probably keep the sebrings. They're not too bad when refurbed imo.

I think the early valvers are all getting to that sort of age where these sorts of jobs need doing, just have to bite the bullet. In all fairness, I bought the car with a view to getting stuck in and doing these jobs as and when. Certainly a sense of satisfaction over hte last month, and the upcoming months hopefully too.

Brake wise it's still using the 16V system, just with Brembo "Max" disks, and green stuff pads on the front. Then the Max discs and standard VAG pads on the rear. It's got a nice amount of bite, plenty for me. Maybe down the line I'd consider the upgrade if they came along, but in all honesty there's never going to be a power plant in there that needs uber-stoppage :lol:

Got home from the States today after a 3 week training stint which seemed to drag on and on and on... ..anyway, returned home to find the rado had returned from it's stint in the bodyshop with the following done:

*Door and wing sprayed to match car following M25 accident

*O/S rear quarter repaired

*Bubble rust spot on O/S rear arch taken care of

*Sills sprayed on both sides

*Parking dent from previous owner on N/S rear arch taken care of

*Essentially both sides of the car sprayed - no more scratches, shopping trolley dents, dodgy blow overs and botched repairs - all done properly!

*Moudlings removed and I had planned to replace them with the set sourced, however the looks without has grown on me no end.

Am so pleased with the results, I've got more wood. :lol:

On top of all of that, I got my Passat handles colour coded to match - so chuffed!

Oh, and I've now more or less got everything I need for my engine build too. Get in :D

Thanks :D It's been festering for a bit, and it's been depressing me more and more to look at the dents and scratches - so enough was enough!

I'm so pleased with the results, words can't say. I called up John, the guy who took care of this while I was away and woke him up! Think my brain was still GMT -6, and hadn't clicked it was 10.30am on a Sunday - still he was happy that I was happy :lol: Mucho beers for that man :drinking:

randal, Looks great matey! 8) Can't wait to see it in the flesh...

Cheers Gents, she's getting there slowly!

need to show my face at a meet, long overdue. I want to come to E38, but I should be about before then. :afro:

Nice work man, I always had a soft spot for Sebrings myself. They've done a good job on the spray work as well. Mmm...shiney :cool:

You can have em! They totally and utterly ming, beyond belief! Corroded, scuffed, dented, funny colours - they've seen better days.

Had toyed with refurbing them at one point to keep everything OE. They've got to go though!

Thanks for your comments guys, means a lot. :D

Looking sweeeeet matey... you'll have to pop over to see me with it once you've sorted yourself out from your trip 8)

Cheers y'all damn freakin' texans rubbing off on me!

Been trying to get hold of you for a bit Kettski - where you been?