Mr_Rossy

Corrado MPG - All smiles from me

What sort of MPG are you all getting from your Corrado's?

I did 69 miles this morning on the M4, between 0mph (queuing) and slighly above the national speed limit and the VR6 returned 33.7mpg. Personally I'm really chuffed with that as my S3 would struggle to return mid 20's and my MK2 1.8 does well below 15mpg on any run (most likely because it only travels at warp factor 20!)

I wonder if she will be any better once she has her major service tomorrow?

It's a large fairly low stressed engine pulling a fairly slippery (for its time) shape which isn't made of granite so sensible driving isn't going to break the bank with the fuel. Keep up with the servicing and she should never give you any cause for concerrn :)

I averaged 31 on my 600 odd mile trip back from Wolfsburg to West Oxfordshire with a fair amount of that time making sure we caught our ferry!

Big and heavy wheels and a heavy foot are your worst enemy!

Supercharged do you really mean 63? surely you'd only manage that with a Bluemotion conversion or being towed by a Toyota Prius!

Always been impressed with Corrado fuel consumption. I have just got back to Surrey from a 900 mile road trip holiday in Lakes, averaging 30mpg. Plenty of spirited driving as well as motorway cruising. Also impressed that the computer reading appears to be fairly accurate

Supercharged do you really mean 63? surely you'd only manage that with a Bluemotion conversion or being towed by a Toyota Prius!

His car has a 1.9 TDI PD engine fitted. I can confirm it merely sips diesel!

Its not just on long journeys either :)

I have a 12 mile each way journey to work & is a mixture of dual carriageways, 40mph & 30mph country roads & i normally see around the 32-33mpg mark on the dash when nearly home :D

I find a good thing about the VR is there is so much low down torque you barely need to press the accelerator to build up speed to the appropriate road conditions

My valver last week produced a dash reading of 67 IIRC over what cant have been more than 20 odd miles......not so sure thats correct tho lol

I should probably mention that the 32-33mpg is with the 263 cams, BMC & remap carried out ;)

Edited by g0ldf1ng3r

I remember that my first VR6 was way more thirsty but it did have a 6 branch manifold and exhaust, cone filter fitted. I once got 18.9mpg back from Cornwall on a late night 250mile trek.

That has definitely put me off getting a new filter for the storm (but heck do I miss the sound-track!)

My MFA tells me I'm getting around 60mpg on the motorway. Ignorance is bliss 8)

Regularly get >36mpg on a run. Had 37mpg last weekend coming back from the Midlands. Then I don't (often) use the right foot as it really should be !

My G60 tells my i average around 36mpg over 240 odd miles and can go upto 45mpg on motorway.

However its all lies unfortunately like most mfa mpg readings. Doing the math i'm getting around 27-30mpg. My oxygen sensor is disconnected just now though.

Jon how does the BMC sound? deep?

Very nice and has the benefits of being an encased unit so no hot air from the engine like a usual cone filter

Jon how does the BMC sound? deep?

Fecking awesome Mr_Rossy!!!!

The low burble you get between 2000 & 3000 revs when you give a little press on the fast pedal sounds like a V8 burble........on m'way cruising at 70mph ish it is quiet as a mouse.......from low revs to redline the sound changes & builds from the low rumble i mentioned to a full on roar that overpowers even a moderately high volume on the stereo

The main issue is the noise is so god damn addictive lol

Fecking awesome Mr_Rossy!!!!

The low burble you get between 2000 & 3000 revs when you give a little press on the fast pedal sounds like a V8 burble........on m'way cruising at 70mph ish it is quiet as a mouse.......from low revs to redline the sound changes & builds from the low rumble i mentioned to a full on roar that overpowers even a moderately high volume on the stereo

The main issue is the noise is so god damn addictive lol

Ha ha sounds like an animal, I was adicted to the cone filter noise on the first VR so will definitely buy one, please fee free to send on any adverts, ones for sale that you come across! Decision made!

I remember that my first VR6 was way more thirsty but it did have a 6 branch manifold and exhaust, cone filter fitted. I once got 18.9mpg back from Cornwall on a late night 250mile trek.

That has definitely put me off getting a new filter for the storm (but heck do I miss the sound-track!)

Either you had a car full of people, and were doing 120MPH most of the way - or there was something wrong with your car! An air filter, and a 6 branch manifold shouldn't make that kind of difference to the fuel economy.

33 is easily achievable in a VR if you baby it.

I got 30mpg from my MK4 R32 recently, which isn't bad for a car 250Kg heavier and with a 400cc bigger engine :) That was a proper changing gear at 3000rpm and not breaking any speed limits tho!

Yep - on a long run though... I've calculated it manually too as the MFA under-reads slightly - reckon I could get over 65 if I stopped putting my foot to the floor when the road's clear in front of me!

On average on short journeys to work and back I get around 55MPG but you have to remember most MK4 Golf TDI's will do 50 minimum and the Corrado is lighter... 6 Speed box is superb also :-)

Either you had a car full of people, and were doing 120MPH most of the way - or there was something wrong with your car! An air filter, and a 6 branch manifold shouldn't make that kind of difference to the fuel economy.
(It was 230 miles in fact)

Cough cough I did it in 2hrs 36mins .... the average speed said 101 ..... its not big, its not clever and above all it costs!

That said I did the return trip from london last night and yes I was stuck in traffic and yes I was doing an undisclosed speed on the motorway and I only made 25.2mpg

My typical MPG in VR6 is around 13-14. This is only town driving.

BTW. Buying VR6 aor any other kind of sport car who cares about MPG :)

I had to say that in my EVO when power was twice than VR6 MPG was 1,5 times better than VR6.

BTW. Buying a VR6 or any other kind of sport car who cares about MPG :)

Tight people do!

I had to say that in my EVO when power was twice than VR6 MPG was 1,5 times better than VR6.

But an Evo is 1.5 times more Chav than a VR6 :lol: