coullstar

Suspension Kit - VR6

Ive apparently got 3 shocks leaking on my car so new suspension kit will be needed soon. Just wondering if anyone has a decent kit for sale before I go ordering something.

Something uprated and in decent condition please.

Got some rear koni on-car adjustable shocks for sale, pretty much brand new, had them on for about 300miles max.

Have kept the front ones on car for now.

Go for it, would rather get a full kit including springs if I can. Tempted to go for a Koni SRT kit for all Id used the car for now anyway.

I am going to chop some sachs springs. Been watching chop shop and the springs are cheap.

I would never drive the death traps they come up with on Chop Shop! :shock:

Koni Shocks and Eibach springs that came on the car as well as the spare standard springs.

Thats what I got with a storm I recently bought. Don't know anything about condition as still in a boot of the car and car sitting in garage. Can check after weekend if you interested.

If you could thanks. Thing is I sprayed the shocks with a coating over the winter and I think they have seen that and though that the shocks were leaking as I cleaned them last night and didnt see any signs.

Could you go back and question it with the garage, and explain that?

I doubt they would overturn it. Im happy anyway as I was contemplating more expense which may now not be needed.

Might just whip the beam off and do the whole rear end while Im there.

You're an experienced driver and a long term Corrado owner, you would know if 3 shocks were leaking!!

Just a polite warning about Eibachs / Konis on the Corrado. It's a very hard and crashy setup.

Personally I'd wait until it's all toast and then get a Billy B12 kit.

I'm currently looking at suspension for mine and the B12 kit keeps coming up. Only thing I'm unsure on is how a car on 17's would look?

I'm currently looking at suspension for mine and the B12 kit keeps coming up. Only thing I'm unsure on is how a car on 17's would look?

This is exactly what I was thinking.

If we knew the standard ride height of the corrado (no jokes please!), the B12 seems to lower by 40mm so we could check how the ride height would compare!

£714 quid on Awesome GTI for the Bilstein B12 kit... man suspension is expensive :|

It's 622 from larkspeed... :-) if it is 40mm instead of the quoted 25/30 from the bilstein website. There is a version of the b12 kit that comes with the 50 mm sport line shocks. Much better!

£647 from venom but doesnt list the sportline kit for the Corrado, just the pro kit

You're an experienced driver and a long term Corrado owner, you would know if 3 shocks were leaking!!

Just a polite warning about Eibachs / Konis on the Corrado. It's a very hard and crashy setup.

Personally I'd wait until it's all toast and then get a Billy B12 kit.

Thats why I was surprised when they said but saying that Ive hardly driven the thing this year and jumping between a few cars it always feels agricultural.

Theres also another company that are good called motorsportworld for decent prices. Ive got the original stuff so might just put that on so I can get eye to eye with some RangeRover drivers again.

£492 on Amazon! - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bilstein-46-190093-Suspension-Shock-Absorber/dp/B00F5YTVME

There's 2 kits, 46-190093 and 46-190109, not sure what the differences are but both are suitable for the VR6 according to Bilstein.

They used to do 2 kits. One with cheapy shyte unbranded springs and the Pro kit, which comes with tailored Eibachs.

With 17s and 40mm (providing it's a true - 40mm vehicle drop), you'll get a 2 finger gap. On 15s, it'll look a lot lower. It'll drive better on 15s as well as suspension kit makers tune it for the car on standard wheels / tyres.

Haha! Temporary out of stock! The 190109 Kit is for the Plus Axle stuff specifically. Like you, not sure on the difference, but seeing as all Corrado VR6's (in the UK at least) are on the plus suspension, then I would be inclined to go for that option.

Think I'll jump on this bandwagon, the only thing I haven't touched on my car is the suspension. Torn between struts or coilovers as on a previous car I bought struts and the height was just wrong which of course I couldn't do anything about. I'd go for struts again if I can guarantee the ride height being ok and the B12 kits get good reviews. Who was it who fitted this kit recently?