Ray1965

What would the new Corrado look like?

Says technical difficulties when i try access them links is it just me ? Some one post the pics up so we can all see what vw are never going to make

how awful!!!

all our lovely classic lines diminished into yet another car that looks like most others available - thank f**k its a concept!

Ive said it all along but if they did a 4wd, 5cyl version I would look into buying one i.e. VW's version of the TTRS.

That Concept has been around for a while now. In fact, its been posted on here a couple of times already over the last year or so. I don't think it looks too bad tbh, although maybe a little big. Looks a similar size to the newer style Mustang which I don't think it should be. As Matt has said, it looks like a Civic and Rocco bodged together, and in a recent thread I'd prefer it to be a direct competitor for either the TT or R8. Obviously Aldi being part of VW, they're never going to do that.

Needs an active spoiler for a start if it's going to be a Corrado!

I often follow or lead a new scirocco/read:Astra on my way to work, I'm waiting for the day my spoiler is activated in their face. I know the rocco didn't have one but I unfortunately feel the unjustified scorn that some old mini and beetle owners feel towards their newer versions. It's not that they aren't nice cars I just don't feel they are distinctive enough to deserve the scirocco badge.

I've seen that concept before, again it's a nice car in its own right but it's not a 'corrado' personally the corrado is more to me than looks, it feels like it was designed to be a bit special. What's that one got that others don't?

Saying that I now like the fact my car seems to have none of the things new cars have. Except the windows closing when you key-lock the car. Even my husbands new Merc doesn't do that :D

What i cant grasp with all these concepts is how they manage to make them look so good , then they build a real concept and show it all of at the motor shows saying ohh look at this amazing concept where gonna build it and it will be amazing !!

Then they build it , and it looks completely fuking different and has changed shape and grown different wheels tyres door handles lights bumpers windows mirrors etc etc !!! Why cant they make a concept then stick to it , i know the word "concept" but frig sake

What i cant grasp with all these concepts is how they manage to make them look so good , then they build a real concept and show it all of at the motor shows saying ohh look at this amazing concept where gonna build it and it will be amazing !!

Then they build it , and it looks completely fuking different and has changed shape and grown different wheels tyres door handles lights bumpers windows mirrors etc etc !!! Why cant they make a concept then stick to it , i know the word "concept" but frig sake

Agree..As far as i am aware the only concept car that was true to the original was the first new shape Honda Civic, with the triangle exhausts etc.

The Audi Quattro concept looked fantastic. Tbh the VAG stable have missed a trick as the new Jaguar XF coupe is going to get a lot of sales. Audi should've put it into production with a £40k+ price tag

We'll never see another Corrado imho. The Scirocco is the sporty hatchback for VW and another model would impinge on it. Audi wouldn't use the Corrado name as it isn't part of their heritage.

I guess it's because of the need to include a lot of safety features and also to allow for cost reduction by reusing parts from the rest of the range. They would both result in design compromises.

I hope they don't build another Corrado, I like the fact it came and went, plus if they build another we'd all have to buy it so we have an old vs new on the drive. Is it me but does the picture just look like an Astra coupe mixed with the new civic plus a vw badge on the grill?

I hope they don't build another Corrado, I like the fact it came and went, plus if they build another we'd all have to buy it so we have an old vs new on the drive. Is it me but does the picture just look like an Astra coupe mixed with the new civic plus a vw badge on the grill?

I'm in agreement with you re: the Corrado. The fact it's rare and few people know what it is, is one of the things that make it special. I like how people double take when they see one, they probably think it's a golf then realise it's something different, something they've probably never seen before. Then there's the people who know them, they invariably admire it and the fact you've got one. I'm sure it's not to everyone's taste but they are the people who float on by, no doubt jizzing over the current Civic incarnation or the new "oooo look at me and my masses of personally" mini.

If money was no object I would buy a Mk2 Scirocco (I just love 80s cars) and a Mk3 Scirocco then I'd hate on the Mk3 for fun. You're spot on with your description, often I think there's a Mk3 up ahead or behind and it turns out it was a Pug or an Astra in the distance :D