VAG-hag

for 10 points.... where does this fella go?

Drivers side of the lower bumper grille, there is a little hole it sticks in.

Drivers side of the lower bumper grille, there is a little hole it sticks in.

Correct :)

Ill take a look at mine for you today mate , think it just follows the chassis leg then just clips in ill be home soon and on the car so ill take a look

Pretty sure it goes right across the front of the block Chris. Just above the oil filter housing and heat exchanger. I can't remember exactly where that clip goes, but it should become clear when it's been routed.

Scrub that, it goes across somewhere following the fuel rail, then down the centre of the block to the filter housing.

I've got a funny feeling it might fit into a clip that should go round the crack pipe. I've not got that clip and I have a similar looking cable cable tied too it. It's been so long since I've properly been under the bonnet I just can't remember... Soz.

Finally found it. I think it might be supposed to attach to the plastic bracket on the engine mount that the knock sensors and crank sensor clip to. Mine is just cable tied to that bunch of wires so might possibly have clipped into the original fan cowling if it wasn't supposed to be on that clip.