BILLCOR

New Car Ordered

Just ordered a Mk7 Golf R to replace our Audi A4 Avant. Its a manual, 5dr in Limestone Grey. Had a test drive in the DSG, but its not for me, I like a proper gearstick :rolleyes:

Couple of net pics of the colour

Thats a smashing looking car Bill.

I was sitting directly opposite a 5 door one (not sure if they come in both 3 and 5 doors or not) in a rather lovely blue in Aberdeen at the weekend. It is the first time in many years that I thought it was a Golf I would really like to own.

The last few shapes havent really felt modern in comparison to their contemporaries but this one looks very sharp.

Enjoy it when it arrives

Dougie

Looks cracking. The performance stats on them are most impressive.

The Golf R was a lease car 'darling' up until a few weeks ago.. you could get them for something insane like £230/month thanks to the lease companies fiddling their figures until VW found out :)

Love these. I am a major fan of 5 door performance Golfs with the right gearbox.

Cheers folks and yes Jim, I missed the boat on the mega cheap deals due to the dealers fiddling for their mates, they were £199+vat on a 2yr business lease covering 5k miles per year, not really enough miles, but the excess was only 6p per mile.

Thats all gone now, 10k per year minimum and the rental is now around £250+vat, I'm paying just over £360inc vat with the metalic paint and satnav.

I think its the best looking Golf since the Mk4, its just a bit chunkier and purposeful looking.

Not near as much room as our A4, but heyho, I'm happy :grin:

But.. its a four cylinder! lol i'm joking and very jealous, lovely cars. I read a test on one of these against the new hot a45 merc and the golf was the pic, enjoy!

Thats a smashing looking car Bill.

I was sitting directly opposite a 5 door one (not sure if they come in both 3 and 5 doors or not) in a rather lovely blue in Aberdeen at the weekend. It is the first time in many years that I thought it was a Golf I would really like to own.

The last few shapes havent really felt modern in comparison to their contemporaries but this one looks very sharp.

Enjoy it when it arrives

Dougie

Would have been Lapiz Blue as pic below.. the colour to have so I was told and that was the problem, everyone is going for it, even the wife was trying to change my mind on the Grey :rolleyes:

But.. its a four cylinder! lol i'm joking and very jealous, lovely cars. I read a test on one of these against the new hot a45 merc and the golf was the pic, enjoy!

Sounds superb in sport mode :cool:

I was going to mention depreciation but then I read you've got a lease deal - very sensible. Mind you what's the longest you've kept a car? You wheel and deal like crazy:)

I was going to mention depreciation but then I read you've got a lease deal - very sensible. Mind you what's the longest you've kept a car? You wheel and deal like crazy:)

That's Bill but he is a very good guy to deal with :thumbleft:

Zero depreciation, cant beat it and I'll be quite happy to keep this for 2 years

That's Bill but he is a very good guy to deal with :thumbleft:

Yes James, thats what they think at my local VW dealership anyways :rolleyes:

Modifying leased cars is a risky area.. be surprised if Bill goes that route!

I've ordered one too, ordered on the £194+VAT as a personal lease but had it confirmed today that the broker applied for me as Sole trader, which I'm not, never was and unlikely will be.

They've quoted an extra £50 a month for a personal lease on 5k miles so I'm sticking to my guns to get the original deal. The way things are going, I might just get it.

Order a bog standard Tornado Red Manual 5-door. Was going to replce the Rado but a cross country drive persuaded me to keep it, so other half is getting the Golf and we're ditching his S4.

S4 on LPG for sale soon, much cheapness (nothing wrong with it incidentally, just high miles and probably due a timing belt and clutch)!

Would have been Lapiz Blue as pic below.. the colour to have so I was told and that was the problem, everyone is going for it, even the wife was trying to change my mind on the Grey :rolleyes:

That's the one.

As you can see from my sig, I am a wee bit partial to a grey car too so 100% behind your taste!

Dougie

Not a fan of the Mk7 but this looks ace. Grey is a good choice. Hope you like it. Wheels are a must change IMO, they let the car down.

Couple folks at work have ordered them as well. Did you get an agreed value end of the lease? I just wonder come 2 years if the market will be flooded as there are a lot of these being bought right now.

I've ordered one too, ordered on the £194+VAT as a personal lease but had it confirmed today that the broker applied for me as Sole trader, which I'm not, never was and unlikely will be.

They've quoted an extra £50 a month for a personal lease on 5k miles so I'm sticking to my guns to get the original deal. The way things are going, I might just get it.

Order a bog standard Tornado Red Manual 5-door. Was going to replce the Rado but a cross country drive persuaded me to keep it, so other half is getting the Golf and we're ditching his S4.

S4 on LPG for sale soon, much cheapness (nothing wrong with it incidentally, just high miles and probably due a timing belt and clutch)!

Nice one Jamie, It was my own fault I missed out on the cheaper deal, me and the wife were busy at work and couldn't get a chance to drive one together, just to make sure the down size in space was gonna be ok for us. VW scrapped loads of deal when they realised what the dealers/brokers were up to, shame really as thats what made them pull the deal :bonk:

...So, when do the wheels get changed? Maybe we should start a forum sweepstake, lol?!

Steady now :lol:

Not a fan of the Mk7 but this looks ace. Grey is a good choice. Hope you like it. Wheels are a must change IMO, they let the car down.

Couple folks at work have ordered them as well. Did you get an agreed value end of the lease? I just wonder come 2 years if the market will be flooded as there are a lot of these being bought right now.

No agreed value, but I was thinking the same regarding the market being flooded, in which case I'm thinking, they will be worth a lot less than what I'd probably get an agreed value at now :shrug:

I agree with the wheel change, but I wasn't gonna fork out even more just to upgrade the wheels

Honestly on reflection if I'd been a bit more 'awake' I'd have gone for that MK7 Golf deal. I've seen a similar one mentioned on PistonHeads for the current generation Focus ST - it's damn tempting.

Great choice and love the colour!

forgive my naivety on this but this is something completely new to me. with a lease car, are you effectively just renting the said vehicle for a period of time for x cost and when that time is up, you simply give the car back?

so it might cost say £13k+ for a 3 year lease (based on £326pm and £2k deposit), you then hand the car back and it’s up to the lease company to sell it on or do as they wish, meaning you don’t take the hit in its depreciation, but don’t have anything to sell on?

But i see the side that most folk don’t have £30k to buy a new golf R and will likely need a loan or finance anyway and this will incur interest, but will it really depreciate that much in 3 years that a lease is better than buying outright then possibly selling on after 3 years for say circa £22k?

Sorry for the lack of knowledge but ive only ever owned corrados and the prospect of buying a new lke this is a long way off, however i can see this options appeal.

shame you can't map it as ive heard these mk7 R's are very responsive to a little tweak!