fla

vr6 lambda removal

I've almost completed the OBD2 conversion on mine. Just need to swop the lambda probes over but how do you get to it? Ordinarily i would drive it onto the ramps, but i cant seem to get any access to the probe to get a spanner onto it. Any suggestions?

I looked at changing mine , I bought one , jacked the car up and yep , difficult to get to . A neighbour works for kwik fit and he said they have a removal tool for these . Not much help Hasan , but Mabey you could inquire at your local exhaust centre ?

Rob

I tried to remove one from the golf vr6 I broke to get the obd2 stuff.....I had the cat removed, in the garage, in a vice and I still ended up stripping the threads. It was like it was welded in. Good luck

Undo the clamps that tighten to the

Down pipes and the other end of the caps

Then work the cat loose and spin it hntil

You can get decen access to it

Fit your new one you might need to use

Penetrating fluid or if its tight loosen it a quarter of a turn each tjme before wire brushing and going back in a quartwr of a turn

Keep going in and out with it until

It loosens of without snapping

Undo the clamps that tighten to the

Down pipes and the other end of the caps

Then work the cat loose and spin it hntil

You can get decen access to it

Fit your new one you might need to use

Penetrating fluid or if its tight loosen it a quarter of a turn each tjme before wire brushing and going back in a quartwr of a turn

Keep going in and out with it until

It loosens of without snapping

Exactly what I would do.

If you don't intend to keep the sensor you are removing, cut the wire off it and you will probably be able to get a deep socket on it.

ok much appreciated. Are the OBD1 and OBD2 lambdas significantly different in their operation and measurement/calibration? If not, would it be feasible to just swop the connectors over by de-pinning them, or cutting and soldering the OBD2 one on?

I'd rather not cut the wire as the lambda could help someone with OBD1, but if there's no other way, this will have to do!