Jamie

JMR Rear brake upgrade

I know the feeling Chris! My credit card is just going up and up! Who wants to be buying school uniforms when there's car stuff to be bought? :lol:

EJ - I'm going to be selling my TT 312s very shortly if you're interested?

can you email me a pic? [email protected]

Yep no problem mate I'll try and sort one out this afternoon or tomorrow :)

Jesus taylor are you mad ! 300 ish bhp with standard ****ters !! Get them 312's of jamie then buy some ferodo ds2500 pads there immense pads

MONEY!

(interested) does he do a front upgrade?

mine goes of the speedo and is on standard callipers! :afro: LOL

In the nicest way mate, you need to sort that out :| Corrado brakes are ****e for a car with

Evening I will need some new rear brakes soon so without doing any research myself put me down depending on cost and would you be doing 4 and 5 stud? cheers Dan

I'll add you to the list Dan. Don't know if it will be 4 stud as well but when John checks he may be able to answer this.

I've put this on a couple of Corrado FB groups I'm on - don't know if any of you want to put it on other forums and that? E38, VR6OC etc? The more the merrier I say :)

Hi All,

Having left Jamie to make his introduction on this group buy feeler, and time for the Forum to ponder, I thought it was time to answer some questions you have raised and to fill in a little more detail around the product, and it's application.

The kit is based around the OEM stock Corrado rear torsion beam and stub axles. It is designed to offer the fitment of 280 x 22mm vented rear discs in conjunction with VAG alloy rear callipers of the type fitted as OEM equipment on Audi TT Quattro, S3, VW Golf MK4 R32, V6 4Motion, V5, and Skoda Octavia RS etc.

The JMR 280mm rear brake upgrade Basic Kit includes: one pair of JMR adaptor plates , one pair of JMR rear hubs, two wheel bearing kits, a pair of 280 x 22mm brake discs, fitting kit, and one pair of brake hoses.

We can supply hubs and discs to suit both 4 x 100 and 5 x 100 stud configuration and there is no additional cost implication for either. ABS equipped cars will require rear sensor rotors, which we can supply at additional cost, or if you are extremely careful you might be able to re-use your existing rotors.

We can, in addition to the basic kit, supply all of the other components required to make this a complete kit, and this can include custom individual requirements such as braided brake hoses, cross drilled discs etc, again at additional cost.

Here are some pics of the Basic Kit in both 4 and five stud configuration, also seen fitted as was on my 16VG60.

a599b842afccd8cd3e1037cb70ce4972.jpg

jmrbrakeconversion.jpg

Our 280mm rear brake upgrade requires a minimum wheel diameter fitment of 16" , dependant on wheel design, for internal clearance of the VAG alloy callipers.

The kit utilises the OEM taper bearing hubs, not cartridge bearings as some have suggested. Some of you will groan about this, some not. All I can say is, to date I have owned a Corrado for 23 plus years and never had cause to fault these bearings no matter how much loading, or use I have put through them. Properly adjusted and maintained they are equal to any other. Our kits work extremely well with their taper bearing hubs, and it keeps the cost of the upgrade in reach of all. We could re-design to include cartridge bearings but the cost over advantage just does not equate.

The pics Jamie has selected earlier in this thread are of our most recent development for my 4WD 16V Turbo project on my own Corrado. We can offer two piece alloy bells and rotor discs should you require. The lower profile callipers at this moment are products in development. Clearly if you decide this is for you then please enquire further, please be aware however there will be a significant price break for these dedicated lightweight components.

The group buy cost of the basic kit is £567.00 including VAT and any combo of additional parts can be added according to each individuals requirements, and budget. We welcome your enquiries, our contact details can be found on our website http://www.johnmitchellracing.co.uk

Edited by 16VG60

Moved your post, John - think you accidentally posted it to a different thread :) (thread about MK4 rear calipers!).

Sorry guys, too rich for me. It does look like a great kit though!

It's a shame three of you have bowed out so soon, having indicated your interest in this Group buy for our 280mm rear big brake upgrade. Unfortunately your budget will not cover the investment, despite the very competitive price. Our cost to engineer these kits is not inconsiderable and we use the best quality components available. The hubs have to be individually machined and the adapter plates laser cut, then machined. Perhaps you will be better placed in future to carry out this mod,either way we will look forward to hearing from you.

For those who remain interested, we look forward to progressing your requirements into kit orders. If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us.

John

It might help to entice people in to give an indication of what the usual price is and hence how much they'll be losing out on if they miss this GB....

M.

Don't take my withdrawel the wrong way John.

Tbh I hadn't really thought of what the kit would contain, I was only really budgeting for discs, the caliper relocation carriers and brake flexi's.

Obviously the other work involved bumps up the price significantly and at the moment, considering I'm still running standard front brakes, I really can't justify spending so much on the rear.

Still something I would consider in the future though, good luck with the group buy :)

Hey Bud, no offence taken whatsoever. if we all had an endless budget and no other responsibilities, wouldn't our enthusiasm for this great Coupe be at greater liberty to be expressed. As you say our brake upgrade is something to ponder on another occasion. Thanks for your best wishes. Regards, John

Right my sincerest apologies for not updating this sooner but unfortunately I've had a few other more pressing issues going on recently.

John thanks for offering us the chance for a group buy, but it looks as it seems to be a bit more than most are able to budget for right now (myself included). Appreciate your input and the offer though mate, cheers.