Jamie

JMR Rear brake upgrade

Right then gentlemen (and any ladies of course) I've just had a lengthy chat with John at JMR about his rear brake upgrade kit and he would be happy to do a group buy for us.

I don't have any costings as yet, this is just a feeler, but if you'd be interested in this please add your name below and once we get a rough idea on numbers, we can go from there with regards prices etc but what I will say is - I'm fairly confident this will be cheaper than the importing a kit from the US

Cheers

1: Jamie©

2: Dude VR6

3: Vag Hag

4: Odub

5: Mark Foster

6: Redborbet

7: Science

8: Bora Chris

9: EJ Taylor

10: Sean Jaymo

11: Paul Fay (off FB)

12: WBX6Dan

Edited by Jamie

From what I understand 16" is the minimum wheel size Bryan but I'd need to double check that with John.

Odub - it's a 280 x 22mm rear brake setup. The kit includes hubs, hub adapters and bearings. From there though you can spec it pretty much as high or low spec as you want. You will need calipers from R32 Golf, TT Quattro or I think Skoda VRS, carriers, hoses and of course discs. John can supply all of these parts or you can source them yourself. He said the discs are available solid, cross drilled or even as a bell and rotor setup if required. This is the kit fitted to Johns own 16v Turbo (obviously with bells and rotors)

7F47CDF8-573A-4260-A25A-3FDBDC688B78.jpg

4F87CA5D-94F4-4227-AE9D-D20BF3E12CF0.jpg

3653E04A-F7FD-4025-AD0F-90AF86C20158.jpg

Haha yea i dont think thats gonna happen wages are already gone on fancy stuff and paint !!

:lol: Explain fancy stuff please Matt

You can't back out now man - you commented = you're in! :lol:

This thread is purely to gauge interest Matty - there's no commitment mate. Just imagine how gutted you'd be if we all ended up with awesome rear brakes for £99 and you missed out? :lol:

Me?!! I've got mk4 setup on the rear Jamie that is more than adequate if I get my R32 running more than 300bhp I may look into it. Oh hang on you mean Matt yeah Matt get your name on there you will be a turbo terrorist soon enough you will need them :p

Ermm just some new seats mate nothing special really , and ahh man ok then im in dependant on price but i want groovey disks that look all nice haha , clumpy im no where near turbo mate but it will happen one day

Looking forward to prices then it seems

I know bud nowt wrong wi trying to get you to do it a bit sooner cos once you have been out in Chris's you will want one :p

Interested, depending on price.

I presume the kit would swap out our ****e rear bearings for the Mk4 Golf type?

Interested, depending on price.

I presume the kit would swap out our ****e rear bearings for the Mk4 Golf type?

Cool - it's just a feeler just to gauge interest. I'll add you to the list and when we start to get a rough idea of numbers we can get some prices and go from there :) I'm 99% certain it uses cartridge bearings instead of taper bearings

Is John selling it as a kit ?

Or will it need fitting from the great man himself ?

Pretty sure it will be a DIY able job but I reckon John would probably be more than happy to fit it for those that require it.

I've PMd John and let him know about this thread so hopefully he will give it the once over and give a bit of input.

I've just been paid today and already the disposable part of my income is dwindling fast, insurance, tax and MOT already. Not to mention bloody school uniforms!

But for a good price i'll always do my damndest to scrape the cash together lol. And i'd love to lose the crappy rear bearings.

I know the feeling Chris! My credit card is just going up and up! Who wants to be buying school uniforms when there's car stuff to be bought? :lol:

EJ - I'm going to be selling my TT 312s very shortly if you're interested?