leon263

Anyone having problems with the site freezing?

I've found over the last couple of weeks that I'm having to regularly 'recover' web pages when the site freezes for no apparent reason .......... not happening on any other frequently visited forums.

Anyone else having similar problems or is it just me?

Edited by leon263

Can't say I've seen anything like this, despite accessing the site from a variety of browsers in several locations on different operating systems too! I access the site using Safari on OSX, Firefox on Windows 8.1 and on some Android devices too and it's been business as usual for a while! :(

Has been a bit strange on my phone since the end of last week, all the text not displayed properly, so haven't been able to use forum much at weekend. I did assume something was up with the forum. Seems fine now i'm on a proper pc.

I made some changes to the site on Saturday, so more interested in experience from Sunday onwards...

As for mobile, use Tapatalk..

I gave up on tapatalk over a year back, was so many times it didn't work and then i would come back and it had thought i'd read all the posts on last visit so showed me no new posts. Meaning i had to check each section of the site for new posts.

Will try and delete cookies etc on my phone and see if that helps.

Tapatalk is a joke on my phone,I've deleted it,reinstated it,still doesn't work,but only for the Corrado forum ! At the moment Tapatalk works on my IPad !

Has been a bit strange on my phone since the end of last week, all the text not displayed properly, so haven't been able to use forum much at weekend. I did assume something was up with the forum. Seems fine now i'm on a proper pc.

Had exactly the same on my 'phone all over the weekend, is fine on the PC though?

Ian.

I have had a problem with private messages on my phone where it causes firefox to crash, rest of the site still works fine.

Yep same here.

Still having the problem on my phone, tried a few things but doesn't stop it happening, forum pretty much unusable on my phone unless i keep refreshing things and clicking links quickly before the text goes all jumbled.

Still having the problem on my phone, tried a few things but doesn't stop it happening, forum pretty much unusable on my phone unless i keep refreshing things and clicking links quickly before the text goes all jumbled.

X2

Guys, throw me a frickin' bone, here.

What phone?

What browser? If you install Chrome, does it to do the same?

Which part of the site?

Screenshot?

Currently, you're akin to walking into a garage and saying "Car no go." and beating your chest.

Galaxy S3

Always used Chrome, Have tried on the standard "internet" it comes with and does the same.

Its usually the "new posts" sections that does it, i normally come to site and just click "new posts" and get a page showing the threads, it will display fine but after a few seconds its goes all strange and jumbled.

Will try and get a screenshot.

Sorry for the vagueness to begin with :lol: Reminds me of the IT crowd sketch.

"computers broke, making bing bong noises"

Galaxy S3

Always used Chrome, Have tried on the standard "internet" it comes with and does the same.

Its usually the "new posts" sections that does it, i normally come to site and just click "new posts" and get a page showing the threads, it will display fine but after a few seconds its goes all strange and jumbled.

Will try and get a screenshot

Same here but Galaxy S4 on Chrome, usually the "New Posts" section.

Ian.

Andi, the forum freezes on both my tablet (Nexus 7) and phone (Galaxy S3). Then within about 2 seconds the text skews so you only have half a line to view, whilst it remains frozen. It will stay like this for about 10 seconds after which i can use it again. This is using Chrome. I don't use IE at all now.

Its fine on the laptop however.

thanks for your help.

has been slow on mine recently, sometimes struggles to scroll downwards etc then if i come out and go back in its usually fine

safari

power mac

latest os

It has been a bit slower recently for me too. When the page loads is seems to be off to the left before correcting itself, no jumbled text though, just hangs between pages.

iPhone 5

iPad both on safari

Well, no-one has tried my suggestion above... *sigh*

But how is it now?

Sorry Andi, just seen that post. No, the link above if accessed via that is very quick and exhibits none of the problems I usually occur.

Right, since it seems it's only those browsing from phones having issues, I've just finished the mobile version of the site.

Your phone browser should be automatically detected and it will show the mobile style instead of the desktop one.

If you get stuck on the wrong one, or need the Desktop one, or for some reason want the browse the mobile one on your PC, you can use the drop-down menu in the far bottom left of the page to manually change the style.

Feedback welcome!

Just logged on and saw the mobile site, thought it was my phone playing up lol, found the full site button and everything went back to normal. All previous issues seem to be away too. I'll look again at mobile site later .

Great work as always, much appreciated :)