Roger Chatfield

Painting inlet, recommend me a paint please

Evening all,

I'm planning on painting my inlet manifold, looking at a black satin finish.

Can anyone recommend a suitable paint and offer any tips.

Many thanks

Rog.

Edited by Roger Chatfield

Hammerite satin black from a spray tin Rog. It doesn't need to be high temp as it doesn't get that hot. I used it on my old valver to good effect.

Ive just etch primed my manifold. Will hammerite smooth work on that?

Ive just etch primed my manifold. Will hammerite smooth work on that?

Morning Hasan - hammerite usually goes direct to bare metal, but in my experience pretty much sticks to anything, if it doesn't react I think you'll be fine ;)

Nib off and rough bits in the primer with very fine wet paper (1000+) for a super smooth finish

Edited by Geeba

Damn that looks great! Now you've got me thinking about different finishes..

Damn that looks great! Now you've got me thinking about different finishes..

Yeah I just can't wait to get it going.. house move has put the Corrado on the back burner and any plans of bombing round in it this summer are well and truly out the window :(

The Shrick is VHT directly to cleaned and scotchbrite'd castings and the cam cover is Eastwood alumi-blast paint which is almost identical to the factory colour, again to a thoroughly cleaned and scotch'd item.

Yeah I just can't wait to get it going.. house move has put the Corrado on the back burner and any plans of bombing round in it this summer are well and truly out the window :(

The Shrick is VHT directly to cleaned and scotchbrite'd castings and the cam cover is Eastwood alumi-blast paint which is almost identical to the factory colour, again to a thoroughly cleaned and scotch'd item.

That's a shame.... was hoping to see this out on the road.. you bought a house by the station then ?

That's a shame.... was hoping to see this out on the road.. you bought a house by the station then ?

Morning, picked up a project on Church Way - in the middle of knocking the bathroom out.. will be a while before I can move in :(

Morning, picked up a project on Church Way - in the middle of knocking the bathroom out.. will be a while before I can move in :(

Cool... you didnt fancy the one by the powdered wig with Andrew Murray needs some serious work... but they will be building behind.

Cool... you didnt fancy the one by the powdered wig with Andrew Murray needs some serious work... but they will be building behind.

Not seen it to be honest.. I don't mind the work as I come from a building background.. there doesn't seem to be anywhere they're not building here at the moment, we're heading for town status... I'm hoping to flip this one and maybe head to Thame. AVDC are doing what they did to Aylesbury many years ago to every small town and village they can now.

Not seen it to be honest.. I don't mind the work as I come from a building background.. there doesn't seem to be anywhere they're not building here at the moment, we're heading for town status... I'm hoping to flip this one and maybe head to Thame. AVDC are doing what they did to Aylesbury many years ago to every small town and village they can now.

Sounds a nice project.... the one I'm on about belongs to the lady that walks round the village in her crocs.

Edited by delfinis38

Sounds a nice project.... the one I'm on about belongs to the lady that walks round the village in her crocs.

Ahhhh yes! I know who you mean - often wondered about the croc lady.. seems a poor old soul :/

Ahhhh yes! I know who you mean - often wondered about the croc lady.. seems a poor old soul :/

Yup

Edited by delfinis38