dragon green

ABS mastercylinder reconditioned

Been trying over the last few months to find someone who could recondition the obsolete ABS mastercylinder.

I found two companies that were willing to do it,

http://www.jlspares.com/

http://www.pastparts.co.uk/

They both rebore the cylinder,and then replace with new seals.

I sent a m/c of to JLSpares,and another to past parts

It's been 7 weeks,and JLSPARES still haven't done it.

But Pastparts have !!!

It took four weeks,it's been re sleeved in stainless,with all new seals.Now they now what seals to use,turnaround will be a lot quicker,[ATTACH]79708[/ATTACH]

You can see the old seals that was returned in the bag,

Price returned was £160.20

Hopefully this gives a better option then finding a good second hand one,

I will let you know when the other one turns up !!!

Fitting mine tomorrow

Good work. This seems to be increasingly the way we need to go with VW steadily obsoleting things for our cars. I look forward to finding out how it is once fitted!

I emailed J&L over 6 months ago asking if they could rebore the VR6 M/C to the next size up (to reduce pedal travel) and they never even replied.......

Is the bore size stock?

Well done Dragon, this is a really helpful thread for all of us as time goes by and our MC inevitably fails. Really looking forward to hearing the details once it's fitted, and may be something else to put on my list of jobs!

Were the ones you sent to them broken already ie seals gone in the M/C ?

As i have a used one that i was keeping for a spare but dont know the condition of it internally

Mastercylinder is in and all working,but as with everything Corrado,my ABS pump has decided to play up,(it's being reconditioned as we speak)

Details of pump recon sounds interesting too! Where's it being done, what work, and how much if you don't mind me asking? I've got a spare to go on, but I'd be happier to try it knowing it's had new seals etc. My current one is showing outlet valve failure iirc

I thought I'd update this,

Done close to a thousand miles on the mastercylinder,no problems,brakes are as good as ever,(if not better)

The cylinder that went to JLSpares still hasn't come back,I ring them every two weeks,Pastparts is the company to use.

Haven't had the ABS unit reconditioned yet,(I put a good second hand one on) but I will update when I finally get round to doing it