fitcy

Corrado Roof Moulding/trim Strips

I will let you know guys once they will be ready to be purchase.

fitcy - very nice of you - respect. I have waisted one brand new and 2 old trims to get it right.

Luckly there is no need any more and you can keep them.

Respect right back at you karmannski, it would've broken my heart to cut them up. I'll put my name down for a set too mate.

Still in a cupboard lol ill get round to fitting them one day

No way Jon, if you haven't stuck them on by now i don't think you every will lol

They not been tested yet on the car so need to do that 1st plus check how will it react in cold&hot temp. before start production.

I hope that by X-mas they will go on the market so not to long.

I will hold my horses for now with the price...

I think that it be around 100- 150 quid per set possibely delivered. Hard to tell at this stage.

Will try to make the price as low as possible. But this project costed me an smal $$$

Hello karmannski,

it's much appreciated top man :thumbleft:

Please put me down for a set.

Thanks again

Si

They not been tested yet on the car so need to do that 1st plus check how will it react in cold&hot temp. before start production.

I hope that by X-mas they will go on the market so not to long.

When i was inquiring about what kind of rubber to use, i was told it wasn't much the weather (cold and hot), but i'd need a rubber that's UV resistant, the UV attacks and degrade rubber. I found a link about it here, you can look into it mate, maybe you can add some sort of additive to prevent the UV damaging the strips.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UV_degradation

I'm not taking any orders guys as yet as they are not 100% ready and not been tested.

Once I will compleate this project and production will start then I will let you all know but thank you for intres. I'm going to order 500 sets so that should be enouth.

I was quiet about but wanted to save fitcy before he will waste his brand new mouldnigs.

Thanks fitcy for that link, I will check that with my inginiers about UV and inform you lot.

Cheers

500 sets?! Jesus... I know you should sell a lot but do you think 500 is possibly optimistic? Or are you hoping for sales worldwide? Either way I admire the effort you've put into getting these produced - I'd imagine you'll sell a lot on here! :)

500 sets?! Jesus... :)

Got to order minimum 500 sets, that is the moulding supplier request. I'm sure if they will be decent quality they will all sale worldwide.

Not sure how many Corrados are left on this planet of 97521 ;)

Hell, if they're good enough quality, someone like VW Heritage might buy a batch of them off you. Or even VW Classic Parts themselves!

I'm not taking any orders guys as yet as they are not 100% ready and not been tested.

Once I will compleate this project and production will start then I will let you all know but thank you for intres. I'm going to order 500 sets so that should be enouth.

I was quiet about but wanted to save fitcy before he will waste his brand new mouldnigs.

Thanks fitcy for that link, I will check that with my inginiers about UV and inform you lot.

Cheers

I take my hat off to you mate. And thanks for saving me. A member pm'ed me at the beginning of this thread saying he had already looked into getting these made, when he told me it would've cost around 30k just for the tooling costs i near sh*t a brick lol.

As for the UV protection, we can use this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neutrogena-Ultra-Dry-Touch-Sunblock-Ounces/dp/B001OMIA0A/ref=sr_1_6/276-0716778-0930409?ie=UTF8&qid=1412938462&sr=8-6&keywords=sunblock+spf+100 LOL

Hell, if they're good enough quality, someone like VW Heritage might buy a batch of them off you. Or even VW Classic Parts themselves!

thats a great idea Jim - anna at heritage is keen to increase their range

Got to order minimum 500 sets, that is the moulding supplier request. I'm sure if they will be decent quality they will all sale worldwide.

Not sure how many Corrados are left on this planet of 97521 ;)

Hey mate, just wondering how you're getting on with this buddy.

Got more samples from the moulding supplier arrived today... I have fit them on the car, sorry about the quality but it is so dark and I will not be able to take more shots in the day light for another 2 weeks.

Anyway the quality in general is very good have to say. But need some adjustment as it is to high by ~2mm/3mm I think. Apart from that spot on. Brand New Genuine moulding and the aftermarket one fits the car perfect, the Genuine is bit softer from my but that should not make any diffrent I think (I have not recived full size sample yet). I'm still waitng for the side bits to be completed, and there is a slight delay I think it is because of the Xmas coming up, plus my project is not the priority for the supplier.

Have a look:

bONnaZ.jpg

TInJH8.jpg

3JRr2U.jpg

iL2y02.jpg

WiWgTH.jpg

NKNK1O.jpg

HzfRo1.jpg

AxOLCq.jpg