fitcy

Corrado Roof Moulding/trim Strips

Thanks for the feedback glad I've ordered it.... Was it easy to apply

It was done by the previous owner Chuggs but I have used it on something else myself and in a word - no! Preparation is everything - everything has to be absolutely spotlessly clean before you start to do anything with no trace of previous products. I used surgical spirit to clean and it seemed to do the trick but it did take a while til the cloth was coming away clean. I may have gone a bit over the top but it's not cheap stuff and I wanted to make sure it was perfect. The term less is more has never been more appropriate here. Oh and the microfibre you use to but the excess off - bin it! It will be full of tiny quartz crystals which will ruin your paint if you use it. Keep hold of one of the make up wipes and you'll see what I mean :)

Ok today I have tried some of the GTechniq C4 on my roof trims will see how the Go over next few months here are some before and after as of today 8bddd70ce836ef1329ce77fba1e413cc.jpgfc4f46831659f255cab54d5b1c901708.jpgc9768abbfaa6b0c809936ab98955cbbb.jpgf1af00260aeada5eca9d79d08e0ea5b7.jpg

Ok today I have tried some of the GTechniq C4 on my roof trims will see how the Go over next few months here are some before and after as of today 8bddd70ce836ef1329ce77fba1e413cc.jpgfc4f46831659f255cab54d5b1c901708.jpgc9768abbfaa6b0c809936ab98955cbbb.jpgf1af00260aeada5eca9d79d08e0ea5b7.jpg

Will be good to see how they come out... Looks like someone has already cut your inner lip off with a Stanley knife, mines just starting to crack and fail.

Did not even know that as never looked at another that closely thanks for the spot.... May have to be another in on the group buy as and when it happens.... Are they easy to change. Hopefully these will stay dark now though.... Product says permanent renovation... So expecting a couple of years of dark!!

Chuggs if you look in this clip of Karmnnski development so far... It's the flappy bit of the right that fails... Which yours is now missing... Don't worry 90 percent of corrado are like this now mines just started to fall apart.

Yes easy to change remove from the rear and pull up, guess your spend more time polishing than fitting new.

Edited by delfinis38

Hey thanks for that.... Sunday education! Watched that and the second video.... Don't want to be one of the 90% lol.... Another thing to add to the growing list of non essential but nice to haves!

Yes absolutely... So I guess it stops gunk getting in the channel. Hopefully not too much of a problem as mine is garaged. Thanks again.

Gotta love you tube... Up there with Google and wiki for saving my life... Lol

Must admit I had noticed the edge was ever so slightly rough and wondered why..... Now I'm enlightened... Cheers

Must admit I had noticed the edge was ever so slightly rough and wondered why..... Now I'm enlightened... Cheers

mines just only happened like this in the last month... this hot weather made the inner edge go very sticky... and every time I take the car cover off now a bit falls off...

Suppose on a positive note. Twenty years life span was a pretty good innings.

It will be interesting to see how the Technic holds up . I bought new trims and end caps around three years ago , they have faded a little . It would be nice to use a product you know ,that is not going to produce black marks running down the bodywork , on the first wash or when it rains .

It's a tiny bottle but you use such a tiny amount it spreads really well and is a clear liquid.... Will do further photos over time and keep you all informed. First impressions are positive

Nice one Chuggs .I use the interior Technic and think it's a good product . Let's hope it fairs well in the heat too .

Its not permanent as it says, but will last a good 18 months - 2 years though before you'll need to re-apply it. Its good stuff but won't give quite the deep black you get from new plastic.

I've just checked my box of polishes n stuff , it's poorboys I use on the interior not Technic . That's a fair amount of time to last for exterior use Sean , pretty good going really .

Edited by robrado974

18 months will be good... May not be black but it's so much better than the before photo

Its good stuff Chuggs. Definitely brings it back to life, and although doesn't look quite like new, it certainly makes a good deal of difference. I've used C4 before, and I've currently got Carpro Dlux which is on at the moment. Exactly the same thing and fingers crossed will last just as long.