Sign in to follow this  
Timo.

VR6 and G60 prices

So lets say a charger rebuild cost approx £400. Alot of g60 are tuned so it will need done every 30,000 miles (probably! for safety's sake). That's 3 times every 100k.......... dont think you have to be a mathematician to see where I'm going with this!! :mrgreen: . Back to square one :roll:

If someone was to give me a Corrado for free, knowing what I do now, I would take the g60. Sorry all vr owners (I have let you down :oops: ), but I have this thing about forced induction. Especially supercharging. I just love that noise. The old WW2 fighters that had them make one of the best engine noises in the world IMHO. :D

However, I haven't ever driven or been in a G60 yet!!! (Trying to get a shot) so I wouldn't say my answer is 100% rock soild but there is just something special about it! Mind you whenever someone asks me what size of engine is in my vr (they usually say a 2ltr :mad: ) the look on their face when I say 2.9 is just the best :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: . The replay to that usually contains several of the following words F***, Me, Holy, Sh&t, Blimey, Charlie!!!!!.

Ta

Simon

How about if someone offered you either a G60 or a VR6 for nothing, which would you take?

(Obviously, similar conditions, with pros and cons for each car etc..)

The VR every time.......

I havent even considered the transplant road either.

Chubbz

well im in this very predicament at the moment.... on the one hand ive got dan and his lovely g60 that he wants to sell me :) and on the other hand the 6k budget opens up the field for late vr6. decisions decisions.... i must say though i love a supercharger whine! but hate the fact there all getting on a bit now hence why the vr6 is more tempting! ohhhhhhhh b0llocks

ive now driven both examples now thanks to my mate over the weekend and i like them both for comfort but i think all it comes down to is looks and DANSG60 is bl00dy nice.

I'm going to buy a C in the next few weeks and I was to-ing and fro-ing between a G60 and a VR. They both have reliability issues if they're not looked after and both have lots of money that's needed if things go wrong. In standard spec they're fairly evenly matched as far as performance.

But as soon as you hear a VR, you'll never get a G60. :D

In standard spec they're fairly evenly matched as far as performance.

Err, no they ain't. A standard VR is a fair bit quicker than a standard G60. I've proven it many times.

Aye.. they sure do! As soon as I remeber to borrow my mates digital camera with sound capturing capability, I intend to show people how different a modded G60 sounds to standard! I would just record it on my laptop but, think it'd be a bit of a difficult and potentially damaging balancing experiment.

I think VR6 owners are getting a bit defensive.. the amount of horses G60 owners are being able to free up from their cars for relatively little amounts of ££'s is starting to worry them a bit :D

I like both , but the think that i like most about my G60 is (not being funny) if I pass another Corrado on the road it is either a 16V or most likely a VR6 not passed another G60 yet, only those at shows.

Which I think does say something there are alot more VR's about and it's the ones that none dubbers will go for because its a 2.9 V6 so expect it to be the fastest one. So sorry lads no mater how much I like the VR6 i;ll stick with the exclusivity of a G60.

I like both , but the think that i like most about my G60 is (not being funny) if I pass another Corrado on the road it is either a 16V or most likely a VR6 not passed another G60 yet, only those at shows.

Which I think does say something there are alot more VR's about and it's the ones that none dubbers will go for because its a 2.9 V6 so expect it to be the fastest one. So sorry lads no mater how much I like the VR6 i;ll stick with the exclusivity of a G60.

thats because all the chargers have exploded :lol: or the crank bolt has snapped :shock:

... or the crank bolt has snapped :shock:

:oops: :oops: :oops:

This'll be me keeping quiet then...

LOL! The G60 crank bolt snappage is such a rare occurance it's barely worth mentioning! It's because of what Henny says in that less knowledgable mechanics use it to turn the crank over etc when doing timing etc, and jumping on a feckin great bar to tighten it up. Fit a DX bolt or the VW replacement and problem solved.

It seems to me if you want mental nutty stupidness and the exclusivity, get a G60 and you can make it fly. (maybe not literally)

If you like the purr of a VR and are happy with reasonably fast performance, get a VR

So sorry lads no mater how much I like the VR6 i;ll stick with the exclusivity of a G60.

if you want exclusivity then get a 2.0 8v auto :wink:

the reason why you see more VR6's than G60's is mainly because the G60 was really only for sale from late 91 to late 92...early 93 at a push...........ok it was available from near enough launch but as you know only LHD so it wasn't exactly a huge seller....whereas the VR was on sale from mid 92 til late 95-early 96 so almost 3 times as long in RHD format :wink:

Ok if you're gonna be really picky, if you want exclusivity and a lovely brick red leather interior, get a Campaign :p

Good point about the production runs tho :)

If you like the purr of a VR and are happy with reasonably fast performance, get a VR

Reasonably fast, LOL! Leisurely pace more like ! Perfect for old codgers like me :lol:

Well I'm getting a VR... it's fast enough for me for now and I can have fun in it while I save up for a mental kit car :D:D