mic_VR

Pre Christmas mini meet

Enjoyed the mini meet although a bit cold, nice to meet some new folk. I wouldn't normally have driven a 3 hour round trip just for a 2.5 hour meet but I haven't done many meets this year.

Thanks to Sean for the drive, can't wait to get that new shifter in now, amongst other ideas planted in my head.

Love the Rota's Mic.

Cheers Dave. Once I'm not bumping it up a curb each time I park I'll be getting them refurbed. Glad you made the effort, you car really is a great example all round.

Shall we have the next meet a bit closer to Dave's neck of the woods? Might attract some more guys from the Midlands too :-)

Are you thinking some time in January for the next one?

Make it Bigger! I may be tempted to come up then! I want to get to a few meets/shows before I'm off in April. Only UD on the cards at the moment though.

Shall we have the next meet a bit closer to Dave's neck of the woods? Might attract some more guys from the Midlands too :-)

Could be interested depending on location (and weather!).

Ian.

I'm up for travelling further, I'll also be putting the feelers out for going to the autometrix Audi/vw trackday at castle Combe next year and getting a gang together?

Just seen they've finally updated the Autometrix event calendar and the VW/Audi day isn't going to be until August 15th next year! Might try to organise something track biased before then....

And I've never been to Ultimate Dubs so I'll definitely be trying to make that one this year.

Ultimate dubs is crap Mic!

^ This. I went a few years back and quite enjoyed it but I think that was more due to the fact I hadn't been to a VW show for 7-8 years. You do get a few nice cars there but the endless identikit show cars gets boring quite quickly.

I've done ultimate dubs for the past few years but giving it a miss this year. It's good but not worth the drive. Going to do early edition this year instead as it's only Northampton :-)

Is early edition still the first show of the year?

Think Ultimate Dubs is the first show. Don't know if Early Edition ever was, was it?

Any scope for another 'local' type pub meet? Would be well up for a trip over for a little get together in January some time.

Faye (ScarletVR6) organised one round here a while back which seemed to go quite well. Can't remember where it was though

horses for courses, i really enjoy ud, all though a few years back (can't remember what year) it was snowing and that was a nightmare, if i had tickets and the weather was crap, i would personally give it a miss.

think its been going since around 06-07, could be wrong, don't know what the show starter was before that, not sure how long early edition has been going, i didn't think that long...could be wrong again haha

of the uk shows one i will definitely be going to is players, never been before and still looks good

Any scope for another 'local' type pub meet? Would be well up for a trip over for a little get together in January some time.

I'm up for that again ;)

I'd be very keen for a meet in the Hampshire/Dorset area. I was actually looking last week but I'm not entirely familiar with the area so wouldn't know a good place to meet up. I was considering suggesting Beaulieu but I don't know if people would want to do it?

This thread is from the Peterborough meet up a few weeks ago Sean. I don't want to sound like an arse but maybe a separate thread may be a better idea for you. Although Beaulieu is a good shout!

I'm up for a meet in the Peterborough/Nottingham region, how about a pub in Rutland?

That sort of area would suit me I think (Rutland) :)