sexybourbon

wich battery on the current market ?

need a new battery for the vr today really , i know its been asked alot but i know the market and prices change

Also for some reason mine has got a diesel battery in it at the moment for some reason its always been fine but its on its last legs , why would some one put a diesel battery on do they have more power or something

I pretty much always use Bosch Silver batteries. Always seem pretty decent :)

Diesels have a higher compression ratio so need more oomph to get them started, I tend to fit Yuasa batterys to our cars and go for the biggest that will fit in the space provided

Yep - Halfords usually have Bosch Silvers. Make sure you're sat down though when they tell you the price.. they're always astonishingly expensive. Alternatively could try your luck at your local branch of TPS if you have one around? Might be able to get a good price on a Quantum battery.

Agree with Ian. Halfords Yausa ones are around £110, less with trade card but still around £90+. ECP do them for about £70 iirc. The difference when I last got the Bosch silver was although it the exact same battery, halfords did them with a 5 year guarantee, whereas ECP offered 4 years on them.

check on ebay for ECP, a hefty exide one from there was about £45 delivered for me and cheaper than their website or car parts 4 less

Thanks guys massive help as always , is there a certain battery or power thats needed or a maximum i can put in it ? Is 71ah the best to go for

Im not lying here i swear in nearly 8 or nine tears if driving iv never ever had to buy one so my knowledge is useless lol

this is adequate (065) or you could go for the slightly more expensive 075,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Exide-Excell-Car-Battery-Type-065-3-Year-Guarantee-/290924089618?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43bc6d5112

a bigger battery is really just going to give you more time with the car sat draining a small current from the alarm/immobilizer radio etc.

the corrado is quite accommodating for battery size though which means if you do go for the biggest (length-wise, like the diesel ones) you'll have plenty spare for big audio installs or long stay airport carparks etc :)

Edited by davidwort

Worthy of a mention if you're ordering online, cars fitted with air con aren't as accommodating for battery size as those without air con, my over size VR6 battery wont fit in my storm due to air cons piping and electrics etc

Well it appears you got one from euro car parts, just got a text from my dad saying he was in the queue behind a guy buying a battery for an L reg corrado lol, small world!

Haha asif thats really weird dave and your right its a very small world

And yes i decided to go for a bosch 60ah battery ,it came to 55 quid wich i was more than happy to pay iv been to the body shop tonight to make sure it starts and first turn of the key it fired right up so im chuffed

Thanks for all the replies im a useless sod haha

If you planning to keep the car it may be worth seeking out a battery with a lifetime guarantee. I had a Unipart battery in my MG and when it failed after 8 years they exchanged for a new battery. It was a little more expensive but paid for itself in the long run. Unipart went bust but other companies may still offer this.