jonnyattwood

Water getting in!! Not your usual!! **Pic update**

Hi guys I'm desperately trying to get to.the bottom of this water leak issue!! I'm not exaggerating when I say it's like a monsoon!! Within a week from completely dry it's about 4inches deep in water!!

I've done the foliage seal with sealant just for the time being, I've done door membranes and fitted a new windscreen after finding that only 40% of.the bottom of the windscreen was bonded!!

So I thought the windscreen was the problem! Problem solved! But no its still getting in like there's a hole in the roof!! Can anyone at all shed any light on this please, I'm begging because I love this car but I'm on the verge of selling it cheap because I can't sort the leak! :'(

DSC_0121.jpg

DSC_0127.jpg

These are the pictures I got today before taking the interior out! The first one is the sunroof motor cover? And it was soaking wet! Is that due to the condensation or do.you think there could be a leak from the sunroof?

Edited by jonnyattwood

Also check the sunroof drains . And as above what side is the water on , I presume you have it in the passenger side , as you mention the foliage panel .

Strip the interior and take the carpet out , it will probs take you about two to three hours max to get it all out then id set up a hosepipe and just sit in the car and see where it is pouring in thats what i did anyway

If its four inches deep you will soon be able to tell where its coming in from also id drill "carefully" a little hole in the floor to let the water drain but make sure when its drained and dried out that you dry the hole and spray something like etch primer on that area just for a bit of protection

Yeah sorry forgot to mention it's passenger side and when I get home I will take pictures. Yeah I'll strip the interior because it'll only get ruined while its out in the elements. Also I'm not sure about the sunroof as I'm having problems with it.

Wow, thats a huge amount of water! Take the carpet up, as I know you said the front is dry, but it could well be running under the sound deadening and collecting in the rear well, especially if you're parking facing up hill. Since the sunroof cover is out too, I'd get a hose or bucket of water and see just how much is coming through the sunroof. Get a metal coat hanger, stretch it out and push it gently down your sunroof drain hoses. Could well be a blockage that is causing it to run in from there mate.

If the sunroof motor is wet , it has to be the seal on the roof or the drainage tube on the passenger side , if its blocked the water has no where to go but sit where its collecting , it then becomes to much and drains into the car .