Harrier

Diamond Black Vr6

Having spent most of the week at the workshop I brought the car home this eve with a nicely refurbed rear beam,with new bushes, hoses, clips etc 8)

Then spent an hour cleaning the body when I got home as the car was covered in dust from sitting in the workshop.

Apart from a trip to Maplins tomorrow to get a bulb for the ABS lamp all ready for Beaulieu next weekend :)

DSC_0508_zpsgip7jhjm.jpg

DSC_0509_zpsxeduusb0.jpg

DSC_0511_zpswiccmhyg.jpg

DSC_0512_zpsipy9opez.jpg

DSC_0516_zps1r4xhjib.jpg

Looking good.. Those tank straps and exhaust hangers been powder coated as well.

Actually used aerosol Hammerite on those, gives a good finish though. Wondering what to do with the calipers now, they don't look great compared to the rest, probably new would be ideal

Looks great,how much roughly did it cost to do the rear beam...?

To blast & powdercoat beam & brackets £60

To blast & powdercoat beam & brackets £60

What other stuff did you have to replace........?

What other stuff did you have to replace........?

Axle bushes,main axle long bolts & nuts,brake hoses x 4, brake pipe clips x 4, had to drill out the compensator bolts so them 2 + a few other nuts & bolts

So, just a little update and a couple of pics. Attended a local meet at Beaulieu a few weeks ago and last weekend the CCGB National Day at Fairford RIAT.

Car running great,

Some issues with the ABS though. After soldering in a new bulb to the warning lamp, which wasn't working also had to replace nsf wheel speed sensor and also today replaced the osr wheel sensor which showed up faulty after a diagnostic scan. lamp will go out now after a 5 mile drive so not ideal but will get it through the Mot next week.

Looks like the ABS unit is due overhaul or replacement, unusual !!!

Not sure what or where the next event will be.

CCGB-Fairford%20July%202015%20003_zpskcp6oiao.jpg

CCGB-Fairford%20July%202015%20042_zpsheztzkiz.jpg

CCGB-Fairford%20July%202015%20081_zpsqkgrbypl.jpg

Nothing really exciting to report with the C other than passed the Mot in early August with flying colours and got to a local Vw show at Southsea soon after .Went to get it out in the week and the battery was dead :(

After a good charge went to it today and it was dead again so popped in another battery and enjoyed a little drive this lovely sunny evening.

Aiming to get to another couple of events before the Sorn'ing, at which point I will be deciding what more to do in the way of refurbishment :)

Pic from this eve

005_zpsxne91uqv.jpg

Have enjoyed 2 weekends of Corrado fun, last Sunday at Berkley Castle Vw show, and today at Goodwood circuit breakfast club 'Vee power Sunday' both very enjoyable with great weather.

Alex%206th%20bday%20037_zpsxdvjyoyz.jpgAlex%206th%20bday%20038_zpskobmceod.jpg

Sandwiched by 2 Ferrari's at Goodwood ! So lucky to have this place only 20 mins away.

ollies%20goodwood%20pics%20075_zps0ovsbhfb.jpg

So today was the last outing for this year :(

This afternoon made a start on the front end refresh/refurbish.Will be removing the engine,box and sub frame etc to get it to the standard of the rear , will be replacing the clutch & probably timing chains & guides, not that they are noisy but it make sense while it's all out.

Have chosen to do it at home rather than at the workshop, as I will be less pressured to get it done quickly (taking up workshop space)

ollies%20goodwood%20pics%20098_zpsax0ebkgn.jpg

Planning to have a new look next year too !

I have enjoyed the car being standard this year but think I really do prefer the lowered (a bit) look and some replacement wheels have arrived :)

DSC_0562_zpszfgokvbp.jpg

I know the ride will be sacrificed a bit , I haven't decided which suspension to go for yet.

I really don't have any other mods planned (unless I stumble across some original,mint Recaro's !), want to keep it as original as possible .

Plenty more updates to come, i'm sure !

Thanks for reading :)

Looking forward to seeing the updates Daren. Guess you won't be joining the lineup at Stanford next year.

Not a set of rs301's are they? Really suited the black.

Looking forward to seeing the updates Daren. Guess you won't be joining the lineup at Stanford next year.

Not a set of rs301's are they? Really suited the black.

301's ? yes :) bought my (your) old ones back.

I really like Stanford as a show and would love to get my car down amongst the Concourse, my thoughts on that were if the Speedlines were fitted and it was just the suspension not original would it matter that much ?

They really suited your last VR and will be the icing on the cake with this one.

I'm sure You'd still do alright at Stanford on the RS's and definately on the speedlines

The 301's look best on a black Corrado and you are the perfect custodian of them. Really glad you have them back Daren and look forward to your updates. Recaro's.......

Thank you James :thumbleft:

Will see how things go, maybe keep the car standard until Stanford, and wheels and suspension straight after, it's not major work after all :)