Harrier

Diamond Black Vr6

Great work Darren . I reckon I will be at the same stage as you in around a year from now . Lol .

Are you aiming to get to any shows or meets next year Rob?

Are you aiming to get to any shows or meets next year Rob?

Hopefully Darren . Be nice to meet up again and see some new faces . The VR won't be in any show and shine events though ! .

Not achieved a great deal this week as pesky work has been busy but I managed to paint the gearbox and spruce up the front shocks and springs.

N256%20002_zps0wmzgyrw.jpgN256%20004_zpsijed4jsu.jpg

Used 'Alumablast' on the gearbox as recommended to me and it is very good indeed. Will be using it on a few other bits too.

So been bringing some bits home ready for the re-build and now our conservatory looks like this :) good job it's not really used in the winter !

N256%20005_zpshkj2ab6v.jpg

Will hopefully have all your Zinc Plated parts ready by end of next week Daren.

Ian.

Great, thanks Ian :)

Nice work as usual Darren . Our conservatory has a passenger seat and rear door card in it ATM . Er in doors hasn't said a word yet . Good as gold really . She Did tell me to push the rear beam further under the spare bed though , she came home from work at 1.30 am , went to climb into bed and stubbed her toe on it ! .

Nice work as usual Darren . Our conservatory has a passenger seat and rear door card in it ATM . Er in doors hasn't said a word yet . Good as gold really . She Did tell me to push the rear beam further under the spare bed though , she came home from work at 1.30 am , went to climb into bed and stubbed her toe on it ! .

Lol ! That is quite funny really . Mmm , under the bed , now that's a good idea !

Still busy with work & life ! but grabbed an hour or 2 today to get crossmember & a couple of other bits back in.

The mounting brackets for the Abs pump etc will be back very soon and then it should be all systems go for getting it running by Christmas (i hope)!

N256%20001_zpsaaqtuv8p.jpg

Those new and powdercoated parts look just like the ones I have had for six months lol . Cracking on Darren , looking lovely .

Had some nice shiney re-plated bits arrive Monday

N256%20001_zps6fzla9js.jpg

Many thanks to Ian (Gloster ox) for getting them done for me :thumbleft:

Have to say Ian that it's your fault I am down this re-furb road!

because it was soon after I had the bonnet catches from you that I thought I had better get the rest to match !

And now I am at this stage 8)

N256%20005_zpsrmqidg6b.jpg

Managed to get on a computer that doesn't block image hosting sites, so read through your entire thread since I've been away earlier Daren. Gotta say you've done an amazing job, and once again your car is up there with the best of them!

Some fantastic progress and cracking pics mate, really looking forward to seeing this at a few shows next year! :thumbright:

Thanks all for the comments :thumbleft:

So today, 11 weeks after I pulled this apart I drove it out of my garage :dance:

Had a couple of hiccups last week, firstly no one spotted in a previous picture that I had fitted the wishbones upside down :bonk:

and when I filled it with coolant there was a leak from the stat housing which I had to pull apart again to rectify.

Luckily I hadn't fitted the front end at that point.

Otherwise it fired up easily, sounds fine and the new clutch is lovely and light.

Still got the wiper motor/linkage and surrounding area to clean, under bonnet too before I re-fit it and a few other jobs but getting there.

Father Christmas is bringing me some nice red H.T leads too which should look nice 8)

DSC04782_zpsz5cbis99.jpg

DSC04783_zpsnhvbqy0z.jpg

Very nice:)

MK4 golf strut top plate covers?

Has anyone ever fitted a MK4 golf plastic battery cover?

Very nice:)

MK4 golf strut top plate covers?

Has anyone ever fitted a MK4 golf plastic battery cover?

Thanks. Yes they are mk4 covers, they might not stay but just trying them as they were free!