Harrier

Diamond Black Vr6

your doing the right thing, if your last one is anything to go by this will be lovely when your done.

your doing the right thing, if your last one is anything to go by this will be lovely when your done.

I hope so !

My body shop knows what I will be expecting with the finish !

What else you got planned after the paintwork? Are you going with the Schimmel cams again?

No, the engine seems very sweet so will leave it well alone. If I still have the enthusiasm then next winter will be detailing & re- furbing engine/suspension etc.

Will it be at shows this year?

Yes,for sure.

Hope to be at Stanford hall & Ccgb national day

Popped into the body shop today to see hoe things are coming along, its going well & will soon be ready for paint, and then I can get it all back together and rescue it from this sorry looking state !

They assured me also that the car has never had any paint repairs before which is quite nice to know.8)

DSC_0415_zpsmlr3qm0q.jpg

DSC_0414_zps0lm5kcmi.jpgDSC_0413_zpsceqk1nsr.jpg

Wow, didn't realise you were doing almost the full body Daren! Hats off to you mate. :thumbleft:

Hi Darren ,[ my car was next to your old one at Bristol Volksfest ]. Ive not been around the forum much lately . Just spotted this thread . Nice to see you bought another car . Im sure it will look great when the paint is done . Ive never seen the splash guards fitted before . Im ashamed to say i have a set [as you will know they are like hens teeth] that have been sat in my shed for two years !.I fitted a brand new splitter just after xmas an still forgot to fit them !.Seeing them fitted reminded me i must get it sorted .

Hi Rob , yes,didn't stay away long!

Might see you at Bristol V'fest again this year?

You don't mess about do you Darren. Looks like it's getting done properly, can't wait to see it

Yes,for sure.

Hope to be at Stanford hall & Ccgb national day

Excellent stuff!

Definitely getting stuck in here Darren, like it

Hi Rob , yes,didn't stay away long!

Might see you at Bristol V'fest again this year?

Yeah hopefully I will be there , let's hope the categories are set out properly this year !

Collected the C from the bodyshop today as the paintwork is finished. Have to say with first impressions they have done a superb job.

The dent repair man got a great deal of the dings out so only a minimum amount of any filler was required.

Mark (the paintshop owner)knew how fussy I was with my old car and as a result seems to have done a great job with this one, in fact I think the finish is probably even better. He said he had enjoyed doing it and seemed quite proud of the results.

Can't wait to get stuck in to putting it back together, though I don't want to rush it.

Got my CCGB clubstand pass for Stanford Hall and should be ok for that.

Also want to get the wheels re-furbed & discs & pads replaced before then.

Think a little time off work may be required as the weekends are never long enough !

thanks for reading :)

Daren.

DSC_0417_zpsx0ttpiis.jpg

DSC_0418_zpsuix8cgpp.jpg

DSC_0420_zpst3267niv.jpg

Absolutely lovely :) Was it a full respray you had?

Not quite Jim, though pretty much everything apart from the roof & tailgate.

Looking awesome mate, if this is anything like your last one it will be superb..

Good to see you back in a Corrado mate and hopefully see you at a few shows.

Rog.

Things are starting to take shape now and I'm getting a bit excited !

Most of the exterior bits & bobs are re-fitted, had the wheels refurbished this week and fitted them today, was a bit worried that they might not get the right shade of silver to match the centre caps but it's spot on :)

I bought a new door aperture seal from VWH for the drivers door as mine one had a small split, and had a big bit of luck yesterday when I bumped into a chap I know locally who is really into his air cooled stuff. After chatting about his new 54' Beetle he asked me if I wanted a brand new door aperture seal for the C as he had one in his garage at home !

Would have bought 2 to begin with but as they are £80 odd quid new it was a bit steep so happy days & fitted them both today 8)

Just need to get those roof trims ordered now :lol:

So onto re-fitting the interior next weekend and with it being Easter weekend should see it mostly done, or presentable anyway.

thanks for reading

Daren

DSC_0425_zpszrnflial.jpg