seanl82

RR day at Stealth 1/3/15

I did think about it but I was ****ed Mrs was out drinking and she didn't let me get much sleep lol

Did you see my bodge job special on rollers?

I'm going up north end of month hopefully so might give you a shout

Ha!! My mrs was out Friday and needed a chauffeur. Good times for us eh?

Which was yours mate?

And yeah shout up mate be good to meet. Car will probably not be here still but it's getting there.....

Lol, I've seen your car 3 times now lol

Mine was the 24v black golf the quiet one compare to rest of them made 224 this time

224 is a good run, happy with that? I probably would have seen it but I missed loads of runs due to gas bagging!!

My poor car looks so sad at the mo..... Bless it

Ha! Good one mate. There is a vid on Facebook of you and red borbet off the forum doing a flyby. The noise!

where is said video located m8? linky linky pls?

& i must admit though im liking the progress with my new kitchen, god damn it im rather gutted i couldnt make it along to this with the gf :(

Standard VR making 197 and a standard ST making 212, figures seem a tad high.

Out of interest what is Vince charging for a power run? Do you just one run or is it a couple? What gear are the runs done in and do you get a print out with afr's (is an exhaust probe used).

Sorry for all the questions, just that I'm possibly trying to sort out a rolling road day out down here in Plymouth at Alan Jeffery's and want to see if what he can offer us it comparitable with Steath's setup.

Rog.

As has been said, £25 for two runs complete with a printout of the results. Been that price for years too so got to tip my hat to Vince for keeping it at such a good price for so long.

Indeed some figures were high but many were exactly as expected, and indeed some were well down so there was a good spread of results. And as I say, I have run virtually all my Corrado's on those rollers over the years - they generally have given expected results every time, including my trusty G60 which made 207BHP on both theirs AND AMD's rollers.

224 is a good run, happy with that? I probably would have seen it but I missed loads of runs due to gas bagging!!

My poor car looks so sad at the mo..... Bless it

I missed most of them as was freezing so stayed in car with heater on lol

ac51c0c6deca554a2eded513dca6529f.jpg

With couple of these faults I don't have lambda control so no adaptation

It did 229 on the other ecu at stealth

Should be alright once it gets mapped

It's your cars chill out time till its turbod to screaming mad

I missed most of them as was freezing so stayed in car with heater on lol

ac51c0c6deca554a2eded513dca6529f.jpg

With couple of these faults I don't have lambda control so no adaptation

It did 229 on the other ecu at stealth

Should be alright once it gets mapped

It's your cars chill out time till its turbod to screaming mad

Max Engine speed Exceeded - Warranty Void - LOL!

The EGR and sai can be coded out

I'm getting the maf cos of the sai??

And need a new throttle body as Vince couldn't do a tba either last time

And I poured in bit too much methanol too lol

Standard VR making 197 and a standard ST making 212, figures seem a tad high.

That's normal on a cold day. In all the years we've done dyno days there, VR6s always pick up 10hp over the winter months. As for Jim's, that's just turbo cars for you. They're all like that.

Worth resetting the codes, using car and scanning again. I found faults show up in vagcom if you have pulled a plug on a component.

Worth resetting the codes, using car and scanning again. I found faults show up in vagcom if you have pulled a plug on a component.

You normally just get ABS codes because the back wheels aren't turning.

Yep! I asked you if the rh's where heavy. Top car by the way.

Ahaaa ok nice one that was you. Cheers mate appreciated :)

Your car is mental mate!

Thanks mate :D I am just happy it's running well, apart from my shot isv that is anyway!

Yeah absolutely mental car mate. Has it been reliable Matty? That's the major thing (other than the money obviously) that puts me off. I've had no problems mechanically with my car whatsoever (kiss of death right there) and every car I've seriously tuned has binned the reliability

Yeah absolutely mental car mate. Has it been reliable Matty? That's the major thing (other than the money obviously) that puts me off. I've had no problems mechanically with my car whatsoever (kiss of death right there) and every car I've seriously tuned has binned the reliability

Reliable as any car really :) I use it daily and haven't had too much by way of issues. No car is ever perfect but its just as reliable now as it was NA. Its credit to Vince and how he has gone about mapping and developing the kit. Mine was done back in 2010 and since has seen lots of miles around 30K iirc wouldnt change it for the world :)

Oh man that's fantastic news obviously but really isn't helping my turbo itch. Maybe over the winter...

I so need a ride in a VRT. I have the end of mine in sight, and the last of the things to do are engine internals. Whilst I'm at it, I'm seriously tempted to bung a blower on at the same time!