Tobz_mw

opinions on corrado vr6

Hello everyone im going to view this corrado tomorrow and just wanted other peoples opinions on it.

As too what too look out for and if the advert seems okay. Now although it says "storm" in the advert im fairly certain its not a storm model? No colour coded grill,no storm badges and i believe it would have the beige interior not black?

Also just seems to be abit cheaper than others with same sort of mileage and history?

Heres a link too the car. Thanks!!

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/321636475860?nav=SEARCH

Certainly not a Storm. Looks Dragon Green rather than Classic Green for a start. Have a look in the wiki section under general. There's a good buyers guide in there. If you're happy to buy with the rust bits, get it sorted before long as it'll be worse under the paint. Chains replaced at this mileage I'd say are a must, and most other things are mentioned in the buyers guide. I'd recommend printing it off and taking it with you mate.

There is a buying guide on here that will help you about Corrado overall.

You are right though the car is not a storm, not that it matters too much if it's a good car.

One thing though, the seller States that the timing chain will last forever which isn't healthy. By the mileage stated I'd be wanting to inspect at least the top tensioner as they let go at the rivets and begin to deteriorate. Worth a view though as most corrados will need some work nowadays

Thanks for the speedy replies! Yeah i did think i was right on the storm front just seems strange aswell that it says "owned 6 years" but surely even they must realise its not one?

I will have a look through the buyers guide anyway and go off that tomorrow!.

Just use it all too get it as cheap as possible hopefully aslong as its not a lemon!

I may be wrong about the colour, was viewing on my phone and looked dragon green. As mentioned though, 94 registered so not a storm. Some people just put it on the ad to draw viewers, I'm sure he knows its not a storm model really.

Wrong Gear Knob and the O/S Front Fog Light looks cracked too so maybe use that as a "bargaining tool". Contradicts himself as well by stating that tyres and alloys are good yet the fronts were an advisory on his new MOT as getting low??

As others have stated though take the buyers guide and have a look, just don't let your heart rule your head!

Ian.

Edited by GlosterOx

which anyone who knows these cars will know this is nothing.. most are terrible

ha made me giggle ;-)

if your on Facebook go to corrado chat, a couple on sale there in decent nick

Cheers for the advice guys! Got the corrado buying guide saved on my ipad and going to give it a good read!

Just joined the corrado chat on facebook so will also browse there for some cars!

Seen the valver on ebay i would just love a vr6 but for the sort of budget i have there all abit tired so dont know if to just look at getting a nice clean valver instead?

It's been re sprayed in the past. The door bumps strips are body coloured. Not seen that before. I've not looked at too many secondhand corrados but I think you could do better for that money.

personally - what with the 'odd advert descriptions & contradictions' as picked up above I would be staying away from this one

things are normally 'cheap' for a reason ;)

the bubbling on the rear quarter by the boot looks suspect & if you do go & view I would definitely check for any signs of accident repairs in the boot floor etc on that corner.

plus it states body is in great shape but then shows areas of rust & bubbling

& I would say a big rip in the drivers bolster was more than 'slight wear' - not repairable more like

definitely not a bargain lol

Hi guys just got back from viewing the car!

Turns out that the guy who actually has the car and advertised it is selling it for a friend so i didnt actually speak to the owner? This guy didnt even know the spolier had a switch :/ Turns out the chap who owns it has done for a year and a half and in that it has only done 150miles?

Bad points being the splitter is missing,front fog is cracked and the bottom of both front wings are rusted and also small spots of rust round rear windscreen.

Although it does have fsh and alot of receipts feom audi and vw garages also for a chain tensioner in 2002. And also has the original first aid kit in rear lumber!

What do you guys think? Worth making him an offer??

What's the story with the climate control? Was it an option or a retro fit mod?

Rog.

That's a retro fit

I'd agree, I'd walk away from this one.

Hi guys just got back from viewing the car!

Turns out that the guy who actually has the car and advertised it is selling it for a friend so i didnt actually speak to the owner? This guy didnt even know the spolier had a switch :/ Turns out the chap who owns it has done for a year and a half and in that it has only done 150miles?

Bad points being the splitter is missing,front fog is cracked and the bottom of both front wings are rusted and also small spots of rust round rear windscreen.

Although it does have fsh and alot of receipts feom audi and vw garages also for a chain tensioner in 2002. And also has the original first aid kit in rear lumber!

What do you guys think? Worth making him an offer??

keep looking m8. I know the need for one is great but it really is worth looking for an example which you will be happy with rather than jumping in & it biting you

You seem tempted so do what you feel is right. How did it drive? What's your gut instinct? That rust on the rear could be an easy fix. Mine had it there, but once I rubbed it back it was fine......Just surface rust. I've seen some develop holes there though.

Good luck searching

I don't think it's a complete dog, but if you could knock a fair bit off to make good the rust, it would be worthwhile I reckon. Mk4 climate is a nice touch, and chains being done is certainly a bonus. Depending on how involved you are willing or comfortable with being, the bolster is easily and cheaply repaired with a good diy kit.

Edited by seanl82