Chuggs1

Fifth gear

Looks like the Corrado will feature on the 5th March on fifth gear and will be on their new channel ... History. That is if the reply I just got on their Facebook page is accurate. So put that in your diaries

Someone else on here mentioned it would be on I just checked with them on Facebook when it would show!

Looking forward to it.

Oh nice one! They had one on it before when they looked at power increase just from servicing.

yeah that was the one from volks wizard near where i live & where the gf brought her storm

i hope they do a bit more than just change the oil / plugs this time & then dyno it!!

Don't forget the Redex! :thumbleft: Which seemed to give them an extra 7 HP, from memory? lol

Don't forget the Redex! :thumbleft: Which seemed to give them an extra 7 HP, from memory? lol

ha ha yes indeed! cant forget their amazingly technical 'trick' lol

It's a totally different feature. Seemed to be something about good value pre-owned cars with 6 cylinders or more or 'V' engines? So I think they had a Corrado VR6, BMW M3 V8 and a Holden Monaro? Think they were all given a good thrash on a track too so should be a neat little feature!

ahh.. found the forum thread.. my memory is better than I thought it would be :)

http://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/showthread.php?t=112195

So Redex - is here a sarcastic edge to the comments above or does it actually work? Lol!

So Redex - is here a sarcastic edge to the comments above or does it actually work? Lol!

I was one of the probably many what watched the episode and i did indeed go out and try the Redex. I didn't notice a great deal of power change tbh, but it did smooth the idle out a little bit.

I just followed the instructions on the bottle over a few fuel stops.

for the few quid it costs it is worth whacking a bottle in a tank of petty

however, if you regularly use v power i would imagine that keeps the injectors etc in pretty good condition

the 7hp gain fifth gear saw was more likely due to giving the car a good service & putting new plugs etc in it rather than a 'magic' redex ;)

Im certainly using V Power the majority of the time or if not near shell use another similar but on the whole mainly v power - as you say though for £5 worth bunging some in - cant do any harm.... can it?

Hey All - don't forget Fifth Gear Starts again on Thursday 9pm on History Channel - not sure if the information I had was correct but if it is then its that night when the Corrado VR6 is on - feel free to correct me if you can find out.

But the Corrado VR6 will make an appearance in one the shows - this is a new series not a repeat!!!

Its defo on as it appears in their album for this show

http://www.history.co.uk/shows/fifth-gear/gallery

Edited by Chuggs1
added web site fo rcorrado on fifth gear

When I was looking for a Corrado a couple of years ago I just missed out on a good low mileage Storm (Green)in Wandsworth. The guy selling it was very friendly and told me he had received a very good price for it from 5th Gear.

Hey All - don't forget Fifth Gear Starts again on Thursday 9pm on History Channel - not sure if the information I had was correct but if it is then its that night when the Corrado VR6 is on - feel free to correct me if you can find out.

But the Corrado VR6 will make an appearance in one the shows - this is a new series not a repeat!!!

Its defo on as it appears in their album for this show

http://www.history.co.uk/shows/fifth-gear/gallery

thanks for the reminder m8!

hmmm i really must plug my tivo into LAN so i can set to record remotely!!

The car being featured isn't a Storm - it's a white VR (again) though don't think it's the Volkswizard one they used in the last feature.

The car being featured isn't a Storm - it's a white VR (again) though don't think it's the Volkswizard one they used in the last feature.

Would be nice if it was a forum car. Some non-forum owners seem to be a bit full of it, thinking their one is the best corrado ever.

Would be nice if it was a forum car. Some non-forum owners seem to be a bit full of it, thinking their one is the best corrado ever.

Its only when you come on here and see the work you guys are putting into your cars and some of the pictures that you realise your inadequacies! Lol!

No, i missed it :(

me also - i will have a look & see if i can see it repeated & post here if i do

hopefully it should be as all the seem to do nowadays is regurgitate old tv shows