Stonejag

Schimmel Performance 263 VR6 cams (with gears and trigger wheel) - SOLD

Schimmel Performance 263 VR6 cams (with gears and trigger wheel)

No need to wait for another group buy, these are here now. No introduction needed: these are hands-down the best-regarded performance mod for a VR6, providing a dyno-proven 20bhp increase.

Bought for a complete top-end rebuild that got permanently derailed by fatal chassis rust. My loss is your gain...

Includes cams, gears, a brand-new cam trigger wheel and a pair of brand-new bolts (all direct from VW at hilarious expense).

Collect from Harpenden (M1 J9) or I can post at the buyer's expense.

List Date: 2/17/2015

For more info, click here to view the original listing: Schimmel Performance 263 VR6 cams (with gears and trigger wheel)

--------------------------------------

SOLD

browseformore.png

--------------------------------------

the-corrado-forum

T0vqug1gsMrK.JPG

4sNeFexhHXC2.JPG

Mobile friendly version: Schimmel Performance 263 VR6 cams (with gears and trigger wheel)

Go Mobile: Download the free Panjo iOS app now!

Edited by Stonejag

You're not being thick, after re-reading the ad I realise I wasn't very clear!

The cams are brand new, never used in an engine, never fitted to an engine, I've never even torqued the bolts up into them. The other bits are also new :) The gears are second-owner but completely free from wear.

Hope that helps.

Nick

Edited by Stonejag

Last I heard it was £375, and there's an extra £40 of bits there anyway. Besides, these are new.

Last I heard it was £375, and there's an extra £40 of bits there anyway. Besides, these are new.

just called stealth dude, vince said £350.

I did actually list them for £350, but Panjo added the rest for Paypal buyers' fees. You could pay by bank transfer or cash to avoid the fees.

As you're so insistent, when I first got them they came direct from Stealth to me (£355 2012 group buy price, + £20 postage), then I spent £40-odd at the stealers buying the rest of the bits. Since then they've been sat under wraps waiting for a head rebuild that is now not going to happen. If you don't like the price then don't buy them, simples :)

Bugger...

Yep, same here.

If there's any other people interested perhaps we could get a group buy together and chat to Stealth. Anybody?

Interesting. What's the procedure here? Worth phoning Vince at Stealth first for some numbers? (Sorry for the thread hijack).

Good idea, maybe worth starting another tread to gauge interest, maybe then we can contact Vince with numbers and see what sort of deal he could possible do for us.

Rog.

I may be interested in some cams had some 263 from the last group buy but would be interested in a set of 268's I'm sure Vince would be able to mix up the cam sizes a little if it helps get enough people together.

I may be interested in some cams had some 263 from the last group buy but would be interested in a set of 268's I'm sure Vince would be able to mix up the cam sizes a little if it helps get enough people together.

I may be interested in a set of 268s but I'll be totally honest - they would have to be ridiculously cheap to get me interested....

Going from the previous group buy its a saving of 5-10% depending on numbers which is better than a kick in the teeth plus the schimmel cams are a lot cheaper than schrick 268's which seem to be around £5-600.

I would be interested to know of any difference between the schimmel cams and the schrick.

Just got off the phone to Vince... top bloke but can't really do us any discount unless we have ten or over and even then you are only looking at saving about 20 quid each.

The dollar is quite strong atm so these have actually gone up a little, 263's are now £360, then add postage and VAT and you are looking at about £440 to your door.

Rog.

Interesting. It does look as though they take Euros on the site, which is awful right now and works out to be £235 a set. Obviously import duty and then shipping which is a bit of an unknown. http://www.spturbo.com/onlinestore/index.php/volkswagen/vr6/12-valve/12v-vr6-camshaft-set-263-street.html

EDIT: Rough maths including VAT and the (possibly inaccurate) shipping cost from the SP website, the cost for 10 looks to be £320 each(!), £335 for the 5. I will get in touch with SP and see what they say.

Edited by unclean

So.... what are the difference between the Schimmel and the Schricks - advantages of each please?

So.... what are the difference between the Schimmel and the Schricks - advantages of each please?

Schrick's bugger the idle quality, SP263s don't. 263s also give more torque everywhere, the Schricks just move what torque you had further up the revs.