clumpy1

C on Pistonheads

Got to love a shiny red Corrado.......and that one is very shiny, not usually a fan of those lights but in the setting with the car looking so clean, they don't look as horrible as usual.

That's strong money no doubt.. but it looks pretty damn clean. Wouldn't take a lot to revert the lighting and interior tweaks and put it back to just a nice clean Corrado G60 but I'm with easypops - it doesn't actually look that bad with the aftermarket lighting!

G60's are getting hard to find though - think they're going to attain real world classic status (in terms of prices) quicker than the VR is.

I just wish In.Pro would manufacture some OE style lighting! It'd be the answer to all our prayers, especially for the early Corrado owners where lights / fogs / indicators are getting hard to find.

yeah not hard to convert back and it lookks really well apart from the missing bump strips. again strong money but if the engine up to scratch probably not far off considering its from a dealer

Saw this previously, caught my eye as I've always fancied another Red one...

Noticed the missing front wing trims, orange peel, and overspray on the tyre, but If it's just because of the little ding in the arch then fair enough. Seems to be a tad on the heavy side price wise, but could be a good thing to see them start bringing a little more money.

Do like it...

G60's are getting hard to find though - think they're going to attain real world classic status (in terms of prices) quicker than the VR is.

I think this is definitely the case.

Oh no.... did I make a mistake buying a VR??? ..... mmmmm no I don't think I did!

Oh no.... did I make a mistake buying a VR??? ..... mmmmm no I don't think I did!

ha ha good one! me neither & especially so now ive the BMC & full stainless combo - noise to die for :D

Don't get me wrong. I far prefer my VR6 to a G60 for the noise alone. But I do agree the G60 will be the rare one.

I'm 50/50 on that one. The G60 was the first 'fast' Corrado and the G-Lader engine is shared with the Rallye, so there's some motorsport links there, but in terms of popularity, the VR wins hands down. It's the one people remember, especially the journalists when they first tested it. The valver was cited as too slow and the G60 was kind of in limbo between the two.

The 60 is rarer for sure, but that engine is an unknown quantity to Corrado newbies and the fragility of the charger can cause scary bills. At least with shagged bores, the VR is still usable.

Considering the relative rarety of the G60 in numbers terms compared with the VR there seem to be proportionaly a lot for sale.

For every 5 VRs I see there seem to be 2 G60s

I just want to stress I'm the same as Portent here - I much prefer the VR, but I just think the increasing rarity of the G60 will make it more interesting to collectors longer term :) The VR engine was used in MK3 Golfs and other stuff too so I think that will always count against it.