Thursdave

Your Friendly Neighbourhood VW Parts Department! FORUM DISCOUNT AVAIALBLE!

Hello everybody!

I've contacted the Admins and am delighted to offer you lovely bunch of people some very nice discount on all VW parts!

I've recently become the manager of the parts department at Marshalls VW Scun thorpe, and so am happy to offer trade prices to all the members here on the-corrado.net

You can either collect the parts yourself from me here inScun thorpe (It's not that bad a place, honest!) and have a chat and a drink while you're here (and check out the lovely lovely new cars in the showroom) or, depending on the size and weight of the parts you need, I'll post them out to you.

Just send me a PM on here with as much information as possible about your Corrado (registration at bare minimum!) and what parts you need and I'll provide you with both the part number and a price, hopefully the next day depending on how busy we are, and we can go from there!

Payment by cash on collection (At our VW branch in Scun thorpe only) or via debit/credit card over the phone. Unfortunately I will not be able to accept paypal at this time, but I will be looking into it in the future.

As an example (the first few parts I could think of!) This is the types of discount available, but obviously there's more discount available on some parts than others:

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]PART NUMBER[/TD]

[TD]DESCRIPTION[/TD]

[TD]ENGINES[/TD]

[TD=width: 51]RRP[/TD]

[TD=width: 147]FORUM PRICE[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]06A-115-561-B[/TD]

[TD]OIL FILTER[/TD]

[TD]KR/9A/2E/ADY[/TD]

[TD]£8.48[/TD]

[TD]£4.98[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]021-115-562[/TD]

[TD]OIL FILTER[/TD]

[TD]VR6[/TD]

[TD]£17.76[/TD]

[TD]£10.44[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]191-129-620[/TD]

[TD]AIR FILTER[/TD]

[TD]ALL[/TD]

[TD]£17.68[/TD]

[TD]£10.4[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1H0-201-511-A[/TD]

[TD]FUEL FILTER[/TD]

[TD]PG/ABV/2E/ADY[/TD]

[TD]£14.23[/TD]

[TD]£8.37[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1H0-422-831-B[/TD]

[TD]STEERING RACK GAITER[/TD]

[TD]ALL BUT VR6[/TD]

[TD]£27.29[/TD]

[TD]£23.57[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]191-501-541[/TD]

[TD]REAR AXLE BUSH[/TD]

[TD]ALL BUT VR6[/TD]

[TD]£49.83[/TD]

[TD]£43.98[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]191-615-611-D/612-B[/TD]

[TD]REAR BRAKE SPLASH SHIELDS[/TD]

[TD]ALL[/TD]

[TD]£25.22[/TD]

[TD]£23.5[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]6X0-721-173-A -01C[/TD]

[TD]BRAKE/CLUTCH PEDAL RUBBERS[/TD]

[TD]ALL[/TD]

[TD]£5.14[/TD]

[TD]£4.58[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]N -015-946-1[/TD]

[TD]FRONT SPOILER COACH BOLTS[/TD]

[TD]ALL[/TD]

[TD]£0.59[/TD]

[TD]£0.35[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]N 10147301[/TD]

[TD]FRONT SPOILER SPEED CLIP[/TD]

[TD]ALL[/TD]

[TD]£1.06[/TD]

[TD]£0.62[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

All prices include VAT, postage will have to be on a case by case basis.

(Side note, can the Mods edit the swear filter so Scun thorpe without the space doesnt get blanked out?)

Edited by Thursdave

Thank you Dave

this indeed does sound interesting & is great we have VW parts dept manager helping us keep our rado's on the road :)

Best news I've heard all day! I'm only across the bridge in Beverley (near Hull) and need a few parts so will definitely be paying you a visit!

I'm astonished the spoiler speed clips and bolts are still available, might have to get a set :)

do you have an easy way of checking which Corrado 535/536 parts are still available from VW in general, rather than a specific full number?

Edited by davidwort

Best news I've heard all day! I'm only across the bridge in Beverley (near Hull) and need a few parts so will definitely be paying you a visit!

Pop along then! will be good to put some names to faces!

I'm astonished the spoiler speed clips and bolts are still available, might have to get a set :)

do you have an easy way of checking which Corrado 535/536 parts are still available from VW in general, rather than a specific full number?

I've just got a set myself after realising the speed clips on my G60 had snapped when taking it off to attempt changing the wing!

There's not an easy way, sadly. VW's systems work on a part number by part number basis, so you can only do it one at a time, which is a bit of a pain!

Obviously some parts are obsolete, and sadly with the age of the things more and more are going that way each yeah, but between VW Heritage and classic parts and now myself we should have most stuff covered!

Dave

Nice one Dave. Someone at work had mentioned recently that they had seen a blue Corrado (actually they said it was a Córdoba which made me laugh) in the Normanby Road area heading in direction of Skippingdale Estate so must have been yours I guess. I will pop down in the VR as I sometimes take it to work.

Cheers.

Jay

Nice one Dave. Someone at work had mentioned recently that they had seen a blue Corrado (actually they said it was a Córdoba which made me laugh) in the Normanby Road area heading in direction of Skippingdale Estate so must have been yours I guess. I will pop down in the VR as I sometimes take it to work.

Cheers.

Jay

That was almost definitely me! Was it one saturday, around lunchtime ish? That'd've been me on the way to a hair cut!

Good stuff! Used to get a healthy discount from the guy on the parts desk at my local dealer just because I had a Corrado but sadly he left a few years ago so great to have a new source!

Just a quick note to display my thanks to Dave on the forum!

I contacted him via PM on here about a few parts & with his superb assistance they arrived at the end of last week - plus a healthy discount on VW prices too :D

to say I am chuffed with 4 brand spanking new speedline centre caps (so I can repaint an existing set I have to match the black wheels) is an understatement. I had enquired at my local VW dealer a few months ago & they wanted over £60 for a set of 4

Dave supplied them for under £30 :D

:smug: Dave sell parts. Dave friends get parts cheap. Dave hits target. Dave happy. Dave friends happy. Dave boss happy. :thumb right:

:smug: Dave sell parts. Dave friends get parts cheap. Dave hits target. Dave happy. Dave friends happy. Dave boss happy. :thumb right:

ive said it before & I will say it again

winner winner chicken dinner!!

smiles all round :D

I've been looking at lupo wiper conversions on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371283865096?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I just wondered if this set up suited the standard Corrado arms and if they were an improvement over standard?

Do the standard arms have enough pressure to keep the blades on the screen at speed?

Group buy for lupo wiper arms and blades?

Group buy for conversion blades?

I priced up the Lupo conversion a month or two ago for someone on here, sadly they're megabucks now.

I've actually bent the arms on my G60 to give more pressure after I realised that mine were skimming on the surface and not actually wiping!

I've got that conversion set on my '54 plate SEAT Ibiza, they're pretty good and look nice and OEM.

RRP is only £31.43 (so much for that 'free' postage!)Best I can do is £24.14 for the pair, plus postage (not sure what that'd be on a pair of wipers, it's a strange shape box to post).

Happy to look further into it if people want :)