ed.speller.7

National corrado get together

Somewhere in the Midlands would be best? Not too far for the north and South owners!

Well they (whoever they are) reckon the centre of England is Fenny Drayton Nr Hinckley

The centre of Great Britian is either Haltwhistle - in Northumberland or Colon in the Elms in Derbyshire !!

Guess it depends how many we get interested from the far North of Scotland ??

Lots of camp sites in my area have Car Rallies stay with them for a weekend. Then a Car Drive out/Tour could be organised - a Treasure Hunt even ? !!!

The camp site in my village has Wooden Pods (like a tent - but all kitted out) and Yurts for hire - they even have some pods which are set up for larger families of dinner entertaining - but then we are posh down here !!!!

Getting my coat.................. :-)

i thought the village of Meriden was the centre of England

"For centuries the parish of Meriden to the west of Coventry has claimed to be the geographical centre of England, and there has been a stone cross there commemorating the claim for at least 500 years. The justification is that the point farthest from the sea is in the parish.[citation needed] Morton, Derbyshire also claims to be the centre of England as it is not only mid-way along England's longest north-south axis,[citation needed] but also mid-way between the east coast and the Welsh border"

i know of a cracking traditional ale pub not far from there which has a large field, used for camping at their annual beer festival, & they love VW's ;)

Well that was one of the answers that Google said and I believe everything on there !!! :-)

Are we allowed Camp fires ? !!!

1.8 16v

I'd be up for it if it was in August. Need some time to get sort my rust out otherwise I'll be put to shame!

I'm in Herts/London. West Mids seems like good idea for a place to meet.

Just use plasters !!!

Will make you feel better and add a comical side !!

Mine is in for respray on 4th July, so i might not even be in a Corrado !!!!!!!!

Just use plasters !!!

Will make you feel better and add a comical side !!

Mine is in for respray on 4th July, so i might not even be in a Corrado !!!!!!!!

respray sounds interesting Wendy!

are you having glass out?

Well that was one of the answers that Google said and I believe everything on there !!! :-)

Are we allowed Camp fires ? !!!

ha ha i posted part of the wikipedia page. which if you look in full has several options depending on if UK or just england etc

the pub do allow fires but it is literally just a field, no amenities at all, so maybe not a good option

im fairly sure there are some god campsites close though

any thought about asking the gaydon motor museum? its pretty central, big car park, and on the m40. I just though as they has a classic car meet there a month or so back

Well then everyone could stay in the Camp site in my village and I would have to lead the convoy - some good roads !!!!

It's a 4 star site so no fires, or at least I can't imagine they would allow them !!!

We have the CCGB AGM at Gaydon Motor Museum. Nice to show off the cars and go to the museum. Some of us have done it annually for years though.

Burton Dassett Country Park Warwickshire - allows cars everywhere. It would be great for a Corrado Day picnic Meet, kite flying, radio controlled cars, planes etc etc .

http://countryparks.warwickshire.gov.uk/country-parks/burton-dassett-hills-country-park/

Not the 1st Aug mind - I am there with the 350z club !!! :-)

Are you another Swindon person. I have still not seen any others driving around. Just me and my reflection in shop Windows

No there is that Aqua Blue K reg VR6 at the top of Marborough Road that never moves also! I use mine approx. 50% of the year but mostly travelling to the station at 6:35a.m. and returning at 19:05p.m

I would be up for this , depending on date and place . Should we lay on some AA assistance ! . Scrub that I'm tempting fate .