Sign in to follow this  
Blue_Joe

Blue Joe's G60 - FIRST DRIVE!!

Sam!!!! I'm concerned..... I think you've finally gone mad!!! If more power was a drink, you'd be an alcoholic :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well I had the inlet cut off the intercooler and then a new inlet fabricated by them. I must say the quality of the work is fantastic and they weren't too badly priced either.

They have said that if anyone else needs absolutley anything fabricated they will give a good price if I passed the word around!!

So now that is fabricated the work installing it can begin!!! As you can see I have mounted it, all I need to do nwo is get some new oil pipes made by Pirtek in the morning then I can move them out of the way of the Rallye U-Bend, connect it up and reposition the oil cooler over the nearside of the car!!!

Then hey presto - Lost about 5ft of pipework, which can only lead to greater boost!!!!!!! :cheers:

Well I've finished another weekend of hard graft on the car.

Got the intercooler install all finished!!!! Removed all the old pipework, fitted the Rallye U-Bend, connected it all up using a 90deg bend I already had and bought a Ali 90deg bend also!! So I have now lost 4ft of pipework so hopefully see a slight boost in performance from an extra feew psi not lost in the pipe system.

Also bought new fittings and pipework for the oil cooler so I could move it to the other side of the car behind the grill. The 2 pipes (only 50cm each) including the fittings came to £70 :shock: However they are proper swaged on hydraulic fittings and pipes so no worries on whether they are up to the job!!!

So now thats all done I gave the engine a bit of a wipe down to take some pics as I know a few of you were after seeing pics!

Just got to get a new mandrel bent Ali pipe to go from the intercooler to the throttle body - hopefully get that done next week when I am back from London!40

when ya comin to do mine :lol:

Perhaps when I get my car finished??????????????????????

Which I think will possibly be never!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I had to share this. Had a bit of fun "playing" with a Golf VR6 today.

Lovely long dual carriageway near where I live, intersected only by a few sets of traffic lights. I calmly pulled onto the road at a set of lights from a side road and see a Golf VR pulling up to the red lights with a set of round headlight conversion and I just knew he'd try it on! Sure enough got to the next set and he'd weaved his way round a few other cars to get to the front of the queue next to me at the next set of lights and proceeded to Rev up his engine in a bid to get me to play. Well in fairness I shouldn't have but the road was clear ahead as far as the eye could see and I couldn't help it........

So I dropped it on green and left him for dead. Don't think he was too impressed as when we reached the end of the carriageway to a roundabout he caught me as I stopped for traffic. He had a look on him that just was one of being "slightly miffed"

Oh such fun when a VR6 driver gets embarressed into thinking they have the fastest of the older VW's!!!!

Not a dig at all VR drivers but some drivers in general just ask for it!!!

Agreed.....some VR6 owners think they've got a Ferrari baiting car!

When I had my 16V MK2 Turbo, I wasted some berk in a Golf VR and I later found out he flogged it because he was "Beaten by a poxy 16v", PMSL! :-)

Still, I had an unfair advantage, and so did you ;-)

Try picking on a S/C or turbo VR6 and see how you fair then :-)

So remembered I had some new pics on the camera from where I gave the car a proper clean and detail!!! Came out lovely and shiney!!!! Shame doesn't look like that now, although will try and get somewhere near it for the RR day!!