carrots

what cleaning stuff you using

Iron X

Bilberry wheel cleaner

Always liked autogylm super resin polish

Dodo juice red mist

Poorboys natural look on the interior (love that stuff)

Poor boys stuff is quality, I use the black hole gives a brilliant deep shine and so easy to remove, no powdering!

I use poor boys on the interior . I'm using Autoglym high definition wax , which I'm happy with . What I would like is some non powdery polish . Oh and a garage so it doesn't look crap two days after I've cleaned it lol .

Edit . I use Maguires detail spray too .

Edited by robrado974

IronX.

Bilberry wheel cleaner.

Bilt Hamber Clay.

Meguiars all metal polysh with 0000 wire wools on exhaust.

CG Jetseal 109 on Wheels & exhaust.

A good diminishing abrasive polish for bodywork if doing it by hand, is Ultimate compound. AG SRP is very good but is filler heavy, so it'll never really last.

Carpro Perl for tyres, as its dilutable so you can choose if you want glossy or a more matte affect - This can also be used on interior, exterior, and engine bay plastics too, as well as hoses etc.

I currently have Carpro Dlux for exterior plastics which is excellent and gives you longevity, but Perl is good for a short while for the reasons above.

I have but have yet to use Carpro Cquartz for bodywork. Again I'm hoping this will give a good finish and will last a long time, but I've used Collinite 476s recently as it also lasts a while and gives decent results. I did have some CG Petes 53 black pearl which was immense, but it didn't last very long and had to be re-applied every couple of weeks. The level of gloss was the best I've personally used though. Its really easy to apply and remove though, so unless you're lazy like me, its not much of a chore.

Can open..... worms everywhere!!

These days there are so so many products to choose from its nuts. Method is key to keeping your P&J tidy of course but some of my favorite products are:

Wash; C Quartz mitt (CarPro), Autoglym Body Shampoo/ Conditioner, big buckets

Decon; AB purple rain & Tar X

Clay; Bilt Hamber - all day long the best ive tried including some very expensive alternatives

Dry; blow dry OR use Uber dryign towel & QD (take your pick of QD. Bilt Hamber & Angelwax are great)

Polish; I love the auotbrite polishes.

Glaze; Poorboys black hole is fab.

Seal; Britemax Ex Elements

Wax; CG Petes 53 looks great, Black Magic Detail Origins is simply gorgeous but is £80

Wheels; Gtechniq C5- do it once, do it properly and never regret the effort. This stuff is awesome!!

Glass; Gtechniq G1 & G2 as above.

Try not to fall for the hyped up marketing is all ill say.... and enjoy :)

Been through so many detailing products I've lost count! My current regime is

Optimum No Rinse

Red Mist

Optimum Spray Wax. Until recently this was ClearKote Red Moose Glaze topped with usually Vics Concour or any one of a huge number of boutique waxes but I just don't have the time/can't be arsed with waxes anymore. Just can't quite bring myself to sell any of them though.

Autoglym Fast Glass

Autoglym Instant Tyre (like the satin finish this gives)

Just changed to Planet Polish Wheel Sealant from Zaino ClearSeal for the wheel centres and Zeppelin for the dishes

The black plastics were treated with GTechniq C4 before I bought the car three years ago and it's just very slightly started going off now so I'll be reapplying that in the near future

Poorboys Natural look on the interior.

Like Vag Hag says - try not to be dragged into all the "I know I said this was the best whatever you'll ever use last week, but this week I'm saying this is now the best" hype on sites like detailing world - it gets very expensive very quickly. In the end I bought sample sizes to see if I got on with a product before I bought the full size one

Edited by Jamie

I'm looking at getting some better products as well, was commenting on how good yours looks on facebook last night vaghag!

I used to use super resin religiously and it does indeed give a fantastic finish every time but since reading up on it, it contains a whole lot of fillers that just mask the scratches and swirls temporarily. I've bought myself a DA and Scholl s17+ is absolutely fantastic for getting swirl marks out.

At moment my range is

Wash: meguiars

cleaner/deswirler: Scholl s17+ (used with DA)

polish: CG Black Hole

sealant: carlack68, came with wax, havn't tried it much so don't really know what it does

wax: Collinite 915, its expensive stuff but I've had it about 4 or 5 years now and still not used half of it

My paintwork is in fairly good condition but really struggling to get that fantastic reflection, anyone got any recommendations?

I can tell you what I don't use.... Swissvax! :lol:

I'm not really into detailing but.. have some Poorboys stuff which I really like (Polish, Black-hole Glaze, Wax) and then mostly autoglym stuff for other generic area - glass cleaning, tyre dressing, etc.

I'm looking at getting some better products as well, was commenting on how good yours looks on facebook last night vaghag!

I used to use super resin religiously and it does indeed give a fantastic finish every time but since reading up on it, it contains a whole lot of fillers that just mask the scratches and swirls temporarily. I've bought myself a DA and Scholl s17+ is absolutely fantastic for getting swirl marks out.

At moment my range is

Wash: meguiars

cleaner/deswirler: Scholl s17+ (used with DA)

polish: CG Black Hole

sealant: carlack68, came with wax, havn't tried it much so don't really know what it does

wax: Collinite 915, its expensive stuff but I've had it about 4 or 5 years now and still not used half of it

My paintwork is in fairly good condition but really struggling to get that fantastic reflection, anyone got any recommendations?

ah! that was you was it mate? :)

Yeah SRP is a great product and has its place but its not removing the imperfections :D

Reflection comes from the polished finish, with your DA get a good range of pads & a 2/3 stage polish kit. As above I love the autobrite polishes (I also have megs 105/205) as they just work!.

It also helps to get the car in the right light ie fluorescent, as this shows off all imperfections so you can see what you are up against.

I can tell you what I don't use.... Swissvax! :lol:

Is right Jim :lol:

I think I must be the only person on the planet that doesn't get on with SRP. Even back when I made the step up to Autoglym from Turtlewax and a TShirt I never rated it....

I always thought SRP was OK. I think the trick is to not let it cure TOO much as then the nickname of 'Autodust' definitely becomes true.

SRP doesn't dust if u apply it by machine (DA-polisher). SRP is outdated product which was good/excellent product 15 years ago...

Products I use

prewash: Bilt Hamber

wash: Meguiars shampoo plus / Silco twister turbo

clay: valet pro and citrus bling as claylube

polishing: coarse: Evercoat triple cut medium: Meguiars ultimate compound polish: Meguiars 205 / Dodo Juice lime prime fine: Evercoat triple gloss

glaze: Poorboys black hole / diamond white

wax: carnauba: Dodo Juice Waxes polymer: Meguiars #16

wheels: bilberry and meguiars wheel brightener

plastic: meguiars trim detailer / hyper dressing

tyres: Presta tyre dressing

interior cleaning: Meguiars APC

interior plastic: Meguiars #40 and natural shine

leather cleaning: colourlock

leather conditioner: Gliptone liquid leather

Obsession Phantom Wax - great stuff and so easy to wipe off even after leaving for long time and absolutely no residue (and smells good enough to eat lol)

Rainex on all the glass

GTechniq C4 on all the external plastics

I always thought SRP was OK. I think the trick is to not let it cure TOO much as then the nickname of 'Autodust' definitely becomes true.

It's obviously a good product Jim just not one I get on with. Same as Dodo Supernatural wax - I love Dodo waxes to the point where I would say Rainforest Rub is one of the best waxes I've used, I just find Supernatural awful to use and the results don't equal the effort for me

Meguiars shampoo

3M and Menzerna for the Rotary

Bilt hamber clay

Autoglym HD wax

Damp cloth with council juice for most of the interior

Polish the wheels with Mr Sheen lol

Drying - Kent drying cloth - cheap as chips from B&Q replaced frequently