Sign in to follow this  
PhatVR6

"oooOOOoohhhh, a Corrado eh"

Does anyone else get that reaction when you tell them what you drive?

I'm amazed that most people actually still know what one is these days!!

Are they really that exclusive? people still seem to act as though they are quite a flash car to own (even though you can pick them up for a grand).

Took mine down to my local garage for a small job and the 'mechanic' didn't even know what he was about to work on :?

i mostly get "a what!?!?!?!" followed by either corola or something else stupid which i follow with a slap lol

or "ah so ur the git that drives around like a nut case" lol

funny enough me and my mum where talking this weekend that no neighbour has complained about my car recently, oh well thats soon to be changed lol :twisted: :twisted:

p.s guys a tip if you remove the rear badge some traffic wardens dont know what the car is so cant state it on the ticket lol my last one was qouted as a "VW Golf? Black" lol lets just say when i showed them the log book and it says "VW corrado RED" kind of helped ;) ;)

I got laughed at for mentioning the owners club today, despite the people who asked about it at work were the people who bought up the conversation.

Though I think the modern look of the car still confused them - they asked if I had owned the car from new. I pointed out that it was a J plate (1992) and I am only 23, so unless I owned a £21,000 sports coupe at 11 then it was highly unlikely ;)

Don't say that with Eric around.. or Jeremy for that matter :D

stictly speaking it is a mk3 scirocco....

......or a passat coupe......which is the favourite up this way with Golf owners :roll: :-P :-P

so unless I owned a £21,000 sports coupe at 11 then it was highly unlikely

:D :lol:

Its strange, the people that know what they are seem to act like they're a posh swanky expensive thing, and everyone else doesnt have a clue! I had to describe is as 'a sort of golf coupe which isnt really anything like a golf' to a uninformed female friend :(

I don't consider the Corrado to be that posh or swanky - it kinda manages to sell itself. It is a sporty looking car, and it does go pretty quickly.. and to top it off its not that common on the roads.

But i'm under no illusions that you can pick them up for £1000 or £2000 - other people make their own minds up on them - I never try and sell the car as something that its not :)

But quite honestly I still think it puts so many other cars out there to shame.. if you can stomach the running costs, I still think it looks so cool compared to a lot of other modern cars on the road.

Well... :roll:

When i tell someone that i own a Corrado, almost everyone asks:

- Conradio? (which means " With radio " in Portuguese) :mad:

Bunch of Ignorants!!! :lol:

My best response so far was from an admiring neighbour who was looking my C over while I was washing it.... "ooh that's a nice little motor you got there"... gets round to back of car "bugger me VR6, so err not such a little motor then! I bet that shifts a bit" :D

Some guy was asking me about mine a few weeks back and asked how much they were. I naturally replied, 'oh, about £5k for a good one'.

His reply was '£5k for a brand new car?!!'.

I had to inform him that they stopped making them 9 years ago and that they were over £20k new!! He seemed very impressed, but at the same time doubtful that it was a 10+ year old car lol

I'd still love to own one of the earliest possible 1.8 16v's in mint condition.. like F registered... just so I could say that my car was 16 years old and watch everyone make out that I was not telling the truth :)

My MOT inspector wasn't sure that my car was actually a J plate at the last MOT - he said "Hm - 1992? The condition of the car certainly hides that!!"

:)

I'd still love to own one of the earliest possible 1.8 16v's in mint condition.. like F registered... just so I could say that my car was 16 years old and watch everyone make out that I was not telling the truth :)

My MOT inspector wasn't sure that my car was actually a J plate at the last MOT - he said "Hm - 1992? The condition of the car certainly hides that!!"

:)

must admit i'd love to own one of the original UK-launch/press ones especially in tornado red 8)

The Scirocco thing is what I always get. Its great to go into work with an Hreg car (oldest car in the car park) and people only think its 5 or so years old. They always say "why drive an old car, it must be knackered?" BECAUSE NEW CARS BORE ME!!!

Lets see what thier Focui, Vectra's etc are like in 14 years time.

The Scirocco thing is what I always get. Its great to go into work with an Hreg car (oldest car in the car park) and people only think its 5 or so years old. They always say "why drive an old car, it must be knackered?" BECAUSE NEW CARS BORE ME!!!

Lets see what thier Focui, Vectra's etc are like in 14 years time.

even early N-plate Vectra's are down to the well under £1k mark :wink: .....seen a few recently in the P&J for £700-£800-ish :wink:

Our Vw Mechanic told us to get a private plate an nobody would guess its a 1989 car.

a bit sad when I think its nearly 15 year old with 50k on it.

I was bidding on hustlers A3 number but forgot about it last night Pah ! lol

The bodyshop manager of our local Merc dealer always flashes his lights at the wife from the rear as hes told her to her face to get the spoiler up :lol:

he reckons its the coolest thing yet.......

quite good really seeing the stuff he thrashes about during the day

(hes got a Golf TDI)

chubbz

oh me mate calls it a scirroco just for the wynd up factor for the woman.. :twisted:

Phat VR6 wrote ..stictly speaking it is a mk3 scirocco....

True in a way. Alough the Corrado and Scirroco were both manufactured side by side for 3 or 4 years. The Corrados body shape is based on the mk1 Scirocco. Next time you look at the mk1 Scirocco you look at the overall shape especially the rear side window.

Not sure what the MK2 Rocco was about but you can definately see the MK1 in the Corrado