Chuggs1

ECU Immobaliser issue

The spoiler module is behind the dash, near its manual switch, by the drivers right knee

Is there a panel that just comes off (easily.... or not) - or if not how do I get to this?

Probably want to take out the speedo etc to see whats what, but might be easier to access it from the bottom near fusebox.

Probably want to take out the speedo etc to see whats what, but might be easier to access it from the bottom near fusebox.

Fuse box sounds better than messing with Speedo panel.... I hope - thanks

Speedo binnicle is only 4 screws Chuggs, and you should be able to shine a torch down to the right as you look at it, and see if anything is amiss. Just be careful with the screw covers at the bottom of the binnicle.

Speedo binnicle is only 4 screws Chuggs, and you should be able to shine a torch down to the right as you look at it, and see if anything is amiss. Just be careful with the screw covers at the bottom of the binnicle.

Ah - may push the boat out and have both ends out - cheers

Ok - being busy at work has meant that I could not get out and work on the car but this weekend I have time at last so started looking at this. Someone mentioned on here a while ago that it appears that any part you want to get to the car has been built around and this is no exception!! took the trim round the dash off and the cover from the fuse box - - that was easy - the trim around the fuse box area - not so easy - have removed a few screws and have managed to pull some of the trim down a bit but can I get to the immobiliser box and the spoiler box - not a chance - have managed to get my fingers to them.... just - so have wiggled the connections and sprayed some electrical cleaner - randomly up around them.

Also found one of the fuses has indeed blown - 15 amp one - not sure of number but about 3/4 of the way across from the left. Don't have any fuses - so will pop out and get one tomorrow morning and see 1. Does spoiler now work and 2, any difference on the immobiliser. Im thinking 1 will hopefully be fixed by he fuse and 2 may be fixed by wiggling of connections but don't hold out much hope. - then will be the challenge fo putting back together. - this working on your car lark is not easy when you don't have a clue!!!

The blade fuses in my car look different to the standard blade fuses you can get from halfordS are they the same.... Will they fit?

737aea5097febfda3b9c9aa9d57d6436.jpg

Edited by Chuggs1

Thanks Jim... Man in Halfords said No they would not fit. But im thinking he don't know what he is talking about and the size looked right too. Bought some any way will soon know lol

Woooooohoooooooooooooooooo!!!! Changed the fuse and now the spoiler works and car starts - who would have known that the immobiliser would be effected by the spoiler fuse?! Although it has been mentioned on here a couple of time as possible.

Have now put dash back together but am left with one minor problem - cannot get the ECU back where it belongs no matter which way I turn it lol. Gonna call the garage man who said I needed a new ECU with immobiliser delete and ask him to come out and put it back - lost enough skin off knuckles for one day - time for a drink methinks

Thanks everyone for the help and advice

Edited by Chuggs1

Cheers will jiggle some more tomorrow.... Cooking Sunday roast now.... Nice rib of beef with all the trimmings.... Yummy