seanrodford

Headlight looms

It's completely striped slam panel lower panel or at least what was a panel now just a pile of rust brace bar off and re fitted to support engine. Which side is stuck? Will be in my workshop later so will take some detailed pics for ya.

I think it is the drivers side as thought the passenger side has one too it can be accessed ok

No I failed to mention that......

lol brilliant m8, well done!

absolutely no disrespect meant towards him but I have seen quite a few posts on this forum from users who have had issues with his looms. plus, with only 2 relays on them, they are potentially dangerous in terms of if the relay powering dipped beam fails when you are out at night you will have no lights other than main beam

out of interest - were the water proofed relay & fuse housings easily available?

it has made me think about if I could disconnect the current relay set up & then wire in the water proof ones - though I have no electrical engineering or wiring type of experience at all so no idea how I would remove / refit said relays

The fuse housing was easily available however the relays and sockets were not. that's the item delaying production I have got the wire the fuses and the plugs but the relays have to come direct from the other side of the world as theres no UK suppliers but I will order a load after this batch to supply the UK with them.. Lucky my aeronautical engineering background I'm good with aspects of wiring and have much experience in the car electrical wiring and diagnostics area :-) hence making these looms be nice to put my expertees into something that I love ( my vr6) and why not help others......

The fuse housing was easily available however the relays and sockets were not. that's the item delaying production I have got the wire the fuses and the plugs but the relays have to come direct from the other side of the world as theres no UK suppliers but I will order a load after this batch to supply the UK with them.. Lucky my aeronautical engineering background I'm good with aspects of wiring and have much experience in the car electrical wiring and diagnostics area :-) hence making these looms be nice to put my expertees into something that I love ( my vr6) and why not help others......

nice, thanks sean

I may ask to purchase some of the relays if you get another batch

hopefully, if I don't think I can tackle the relay swap myself, I may be able to twist Zak's arm into letting me send him a loom back to swap the parts over

do they wires need soldering into the relay housing or are they a kind of push fit? if the latter I think I would be able to handle it lol

Solder dude they come with a couple inch tails on the baces.. I don't use crimp type tags anywhere I will always either solder wires and heat shrink them or solder terminals onto wires where needed then there is no chance cor corrosion to cause issues later down the line

Solder dude they come with a couple inch tails on the baces.. I don't use crimp type tags anywhere I will always either solder wires and heat shrink them or solder terminals onto wires where needed then there is no chance cor corrosion to cause issues later down the line

ok thanks sean

I have done a little of plumber soldering but not wires etc.

I will put it on the potential list & then ask Zak nicely if I do change them

No problem soldering is great if you got a digital soldering iron and know the basic fundamental parts to soldering is mainly just practice and patients lol

As promised here are the slam panel pics. Don't know how much good they will be though. d561c8ea832305c02193a6b181de850d.jpg07a9836ff8125679134f1b8aeb4df9cc.jpgb63e69097e766e6533b10b0b574b8c17.jpgfa95fd33effed6f8ad9422176e9fa6b2.jpg222f00ab77dd0ee85cb5d67c7d342b90.jpg97c588186e90a3f2a945be93f46e37ff.jpg

And in answer to goldfingers question this is how far striped down she is6ab2d7ae73b12d4b948d49c881b5c5cf.jpg

Suddenly I think I'm doing okay with mine. Good luck and at least you know it will be right. I share your pain

If any more get made/additional connectors found, I'd still like to be 2nd or 3rd in line(can't remember which it was) for the next batch :)

I would definitely want one with the connectors, as I know the ones on my current loom are worn. So if these connectors get found. Please put me in line for one, cheers.

Did a loom.routing mock.up last night please specify wether you want your loom routed this way (through chassis holes and alongside fog light wiring) which will mean the offside headlight plug will need plugging up yourself (very easy) or if you want it to run straight along the front panel (without going through chassis holes) with the plug already attached

Can't wait to say goodbye to the candles in a jar I done my t4 a few weeks back and the difference is staggering

Sean

(photos just to show routing and relay location)

cbfd3033c97d736d82f366a7bdc170e7.jpg

[ATTACH]83128[/ATTACH]f7f3a13ca197e348a73a80c17eb9b353.jpge10e91dbf0d65ee2485882c13baffc00.jpg5f5f1250521421641d37f7f1d6263ad0.jpg0141aaa72343f58a45c60ec0143e3b6d.jpg

Hi Sean.

Looks ace, could you please add me too your already extensive list for one of these looms. No rush. Many thanks, Jim