John Blount

Headlight wiring upgrade from Rayne Automotive

Just thought the following might be useful to anyone who is thinking of doing the head light wiring upgrade to improve the poor head lamp brightness.

There are loads of kits out there to do this but I've found one from Rayne automotive which is really good.

There's no cutting of any of the cars wiring as the headlamp plugs on each side plug directly into the supplied wiring harness and then back into the back of each respective headlamp leaving just the positive and the negative to connect direct to the battery.

Really easy to do and if ever it requires changing back to original you just un-plug the wiring harness and plug the original plugs back into the head lamps.

Rayne automotive sell them on e-bay or you can buy direct

http://www.rayneautomotive.co.uk

I brought the wiring harness and headlamp kit which included two H4 Osram night breaker plus lamps for around £50 and the difference is amazing. Just need to buy some H4's now though to match up the side lights.

From my experience this set-up can't handle the nightbreakers - the inline fuse will pop on full beam. That 3rd relay is sorely needed.

I have the rayne loom with phillips vision h4s and h7s (dip / main and spots) no issues to report 100% worth the money.

Me too, have a look in suppliers forum as they do forum discount. Only thing I've found it that the battery neg cable is about 2" too short, but that's solely due to where I've routed it. It's all soldered joints too, and as an weapons engineer I can't fault the quality. I'd definitely recommend them!

I've also got one, not fitted yet but as above the quality of work looks very good. I'll be more than happy to fit it :)

Just thought the following might be useful to anyone who is thinking of doing the head light wiring upgrade to improve the poor head lamp brightness.

There are loads of kits out there to do this but I've found one from Rayne automotive which is really good.

There's no cutting of any of the cars wiring as the headlamp plugs on each side plug directly into the supplied wiring harness and then back into the back of each respective headlamp leaving just the positive and the negative to connect direct to the battery.

Really easy to do and if ever it requires changing back to original you just un-plug the wiring harness and plug the original plugs back into the head lamps.

Rayne automotive sell them on e-bay or you can buy direct

http://www.rayneautomotive.co.uk

I brought the wiring harness and headlamp kit which included two H4 Osram night breaker plus lamps for around £50 and the difference is amazing. Just need to buy some H4's now though to match up the side lights.

Pm me i have a set of H4's new and sealed here as i bought too many by accident.

I have one on my VR fitted with Nightbreakers and the 15amp inline would blow within 10/15 minutes, changed to 20 amp two years ago and no issues since. It's a well made loom and simple to fit

Pm me i have a set of H4's new and sealed here as i bought too many by accident.

Thanks mate but I've already brought some today...

I've got a Rayne Automotive loom kit fitted with Nightbreakers too. I thought the quality looked spot on.

Interesting about the 15amp fuse blowing. Going to change mine to 20amp too to be on the safe side.

I've got a Rayne Automotive loom kit fitted with Nightbreakers too. I thought the quality looked spot on.

Interesting about the 15amp fuse blowing. Going to change mine to 20amp too to be on the safe side.

The loom I've got is fitted from 20 amp fuses so I suspect Rayne have upgraded them..

Just ordered one of these.

blimey - i thought they had stopped selling them / trading

careful with it Ron - they used to only be 2 relay versions, as such if the one which works the normal dipped beam fails you will not have any lights except full beam (which obviously you cant really drive with)

rather than a 3 relay version, such as the KUR2Y ones, which allow side lights to still work if the dipped beam relay fails

Few peeps have had problems with the 2 relay looms... kurzy made mine but I got the OEM connectors from rayneautomotive

that was what prompted my post to ron too m8

It's the OEM plugs that make all the difference. Mine even has a male headlight socket on the loom for the control inputs from the car loom - you simply plug the battery side headlight connector in.

I fitted mine yesterday and it certainly makes an appreciable difference. Mine also has one 20 and one 15 amp fuse (I assume that's for the different length runs for each light, not sure if that's a fair assumption).