robrado974

tyre opinions .

I need four tyres for my mot .I had a quick look at the tyre thread but there are so many pages .

This is me . I dont rag my car round corners , i dont drift , i dont drive in the rain unless i get caught in it . I do give it the beans on the straight every now and again . I average around 1k miles a year if that . What would you buy , Falkens , Toyo, Pirelli ?.

My experience of tyres is pretty limited, having only taken an active interest in the last few years but this is what I've had. Toyo t1r - decent dry, poor wet, very soft and lasted about 8k miles. Falken ziez or whatever they're called - lasted quite well but grip was noticeably poor over old pretty old and slightly cracked Avons that were on before. Avons - (not the old ones) were average (not in a bad way) in all respects. Bridgestone re002 which I have on now are by far and away the best gripping in all conditions, and reportedly last well too, although they've only been on about 500 miles. All of them are pretty low priced, although the Bridgestone a little more, but still quite cheap compared to a lot of others. I use blackcircles to buy and they've consistently been the cheapest I've found including fitting online. Can't fault them to be honest and I had to rearrange a fitting date once due to finding a Crack in one of the wheels, and the customer service was very good. :thumbleft:

I always but Toyo Proxes for my classic cars as they hopefully don't see the rain and I've read that they are not the best in the wet.

So for me they are spot on.

Used proxs myself for years. Once I used r002 bridgestones it completely transformed the feel of the car and the grip. Lasted longer too.

Best tyres for the dry I have ever used though we're p zero,s. Scary in the wet but find plenty of grip that you never knew you'd had in the dry. Wear fast though.

Let's face it we live in the uk, it's gonna rain! And we'll get caught out in it.

My goto tyre is the uniroyal rainsport 3, may not last the longest ( got about 8k out my last set) so for you thats 8 years. But they grip like hell and with the softer compound i find them a very comfortable tyre compared to some. Oh and very reasonably priced

Although for my Saturday cars I get Proxes, for my lads new alloys I got him Rainsports as they are well reviewed and being in Scotland, for his daily, it rains a couple of times a year...........January to June and July to December :bonk:

Toyo t1r - decent dry, poor wet, very soft and lasted about 8k miles.

I'd 2nd that review apart from the 8k part, unless your talking about the rears. My fronts on the valver lasted less than 3K and I don't do wheel spins.

Thanks chaps . In the end I went for rain sport 3s . I have budget tyres on ATM and apart from the road noise they were OK for the sort of driving and mileage I cover. But I have a bit more money this time round so the uniroyals will be fine .

I'd 2nd that review apart from the 8k part, unless your talking about the rears. My fronts on the valver lasted less than 3K and I don't do wheel spins.

Might be worth checking your wheel allignment

I've got Dunlop SP Sport Bluresponse all round on my G60 and they are pretty awesome in the wet. £60 odd per tyre with free delivery from Oponeo.co.uk and came the next day which was surprising as they came from Holland.