Dox

9 Apr 2016 Anglia auctions

I went to the above auction last week and saw the Corrado G60 go through, its quite rare to see one at auction.

3 or 4 different bidders before the hammer fell.

The car was quite clean, recent paint down its flanks by the look of it, a little rust around the screen, broken drivers door handle and a little rust inside the drivers door form having the seat belt shut in it maybe?

Started and ran well, sounded well too, no smoke etc.

http://www.angliacarauctions.co.uk/en/classic-auctions/latest-classic-car-catalogue/saturday-9th-april/

A similar post to mine. It's good to have a bit more detail from someone who attended. Prices seem to be on the rise.

I could look at classic cars all day long . The Jenson , amazing car , with that lovely V8 sound . Many , many cars in this link , that I would love to own ! .

The Polo G40 was a shock to me, we were just leaving as it lined up to go as I had other business on the way home, the car looked like any other grey polo, plastic trim faded / discoloured, paint was unpolished for years but in very good condition - £10,500 is madness.......

The Polo G40 was a shock to me, we were just leaving as it lined up to go as I had other business on the way home, the car looked like any other grey polo, plastic trim faded / discoloured, paint was unpolished for years but in very good condition - £10,500 is madness.......

That Audi Quattro went too cheap.. This will be my next car.... Or a lancia delta inter.

I could look at classic cars all day long . The Jenson , amazing car , with that lovely V8 sound . Many , many cars in this link , that I would love to own ! .

I absolutely love the Jenson too Rob, one of the very select older British cars I'd love to own.

Some of the Ford prices are absolutely insane though! Great cars back in the day don't get me wrong, but you could get so much more desirable cars for similar money now. I couldn't imagine an ST or RS ever reaching this sort of level of appreciation.........

That Audi Quattro went too cheap.. This will be my next car.... Or a lancia delta inter.

That's the car I went to see TBH, lots of recent paint, I think you'd double the hammer price to make a very nice car, but then you're in 20V territory.

I absolutely love the Jenson too Rob, one of the very select older British cars I'd love to own.

Some of the Ford prices are absolutely insane though! Great cars back in the day don't get me wrong, but you could get so much more desirable cars for similar money now. I couldn't imagine an ST or RS ever reaching this sort of level of appreciation.........

It is amazing , the sort of money that certain cars fetch . My mums bloke is an ex car dealer from way back . He had a garage in London and what he didn't drive , own or sell is a very short list . I love listning to his tales . He was saying to me that in the mid 70s there were plenty of Americans over here recovering , but the cars they were bringing over , you could not give them away ! 67 mustangs were being swopped and sold for 300.00 quid ! . Try buying one of those now !