Sign in to follow this  
PhatVR6

Thinking of ditching my m3 crystal rears

the more I look at them the more I think they look a bit tacky. and the fit is quite terrible and they make my car look like it has a wonky tailgate because the inner lamp sits too high on the LHS.

Thinking of going back to stock, but with red tinted tops.

what do you reckon? :?: :?

Agreed. The crystal inpro look is a bit common these days, and we don't want to be common now, do we?... Go for the red.

a tinting I shall go (before I decide to sell them or not).

hmm, how about all red crystals!! never seen that done before! still doesn't get around the fitment and misting up issues though...

black them out... =]

Yeah, I want to black-out the top half of my rear clusters sometime in the future, it would go well with the black paintwork. But I wouldn't do it to the original set, i'd have to buy another. I always like being able to revert back, just in case...

but then youll all be saying...red lamps have been done to death now :lol:

True... but who facking cares :p

a tinting I shall go (before I decide to sell them or not).

hmm, how about all red crystals!! never seen that done before! still doesn't get around the fitment and misting up issues though...

I was thinking about tinting the all clear inpros red, i think you would get beter results rather than tinting the stock clusters, you would'nt need anywhere near as much red tint on them, so the indicator should shine more orange, and if they did shine a bit red, you could fit yellow indicator bulbs, worth a try i think

Maybe the fitment problem could be sloved with a drimmel?

I always thought the all-red look was the most appropriate.

Somehow it reminds me of.......dmc_1.jpg

(although having found a pic, now realise they weren't all red :oops: )

black them out... =]

I always like being able to revert back in case...

No worries dude just have some cellulose based paint remover and the tint will come off.

And if you've sanded the original lens then just apply a clear coat on top.

Sorted.

I was thinking about tinting the all clear inpros red, i think you would get beter results rather than tinting the stock clusters, you would'nt need anywhere near as much red tint on them, so the indicator should shine more orange, and if they did shine a bit red, you could fit yellow indicator bulbs, worth a try i think

Maybe the fitment problem could be sloved with a drimmel?

Yeah they look quite good actually. There are ways and means to tidy up the fit and finish of the Inpros too, but it's still scandalous that the original hellas are cheaper and far superior in terms of quality than the Inpros!

What the hell is that bronze coloured roof all about?? Looks daft!

mmmm, I'm liking the all red.

couldn't give a sh1te about the reversing lights, I don't have a connector that fits my reverse light switch anyway yet! (it's a vr6 syncro gearbox)

I asked my MOT guy about reverse lights, and he said you don't need them on a car for it to be road legal anyway... so I don't see why tinting them would be a problem...? If you're not aloud to have red reverse lights, then just take the bulbs out so you don't have any at all.