Will.I.Dub

Bilstein B12 kit question

The B12 setup is superb, it just seems that Eibach has either supplied the wrong spring to Bilstein, or there has been some sort of manufacturing glitch and the wrong markings have been put onto the springs in a certain 'run'.

Bilsteins customer service though has been nothing short of attrocious. In fairness, Demon Tweeks have been pretty good in trying to get the issue resolved. I'll just have to wait and see how it pans out over the next couple of weeks.

Sorry for the confusion, I got the numbers mixed up. I have 3002 fitted but need 2002.

No sweat, you had me worried for a minute!

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

So mine that I haven't fitted end with 3002, so I definitely do have the incorrect ones!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not necessarily, I would look at how the car is sitting and how it feels on the road, the kit is sold as having a greater drop at front than rear which is the opposite to how mine was.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Yeah not fitted yet but just trying to avoid the hassle and cost of trying them out only to find out they are incorrect or even (potentially) unknowingly thinking they seem okay but actually having suspension that isn't matched as It could/should be.

I'd probably feel better if I put them on and see they are clearly wrong at least I'll know then!

Edited by edd

Quick update, just had an email from DT who have had a response from Bilstein, who have also been in contact with Eibach. They are aware of the problem, and have put it down to the differing spring lengths between the vr6 on that changeover as mentioned in a previous post. Whether this is their fault is debatable, but I suppose they could amend their fitment year to safeguard against this happening in future. Either way they don't currently have the replacement springs in stock, but when they do (1-2 weeks) they will be sending them out to me. Hopefully they arrive before I move house on 15th August!

I think you could quite reasonably argue that it's their problem. They've designed a kit for a car, without taking into account there are variances of model years. So I think it really is on them to supply alternative / correct springs to compensate for it, definitely (which, thankfully, they seem to be doing without too much fuss).

Agree with Jim

However what was the actual geometric difference between the 2 vr6 suspensions that would mean that the length of the REAR SPRINGS ONLY would need to be different to account for the transition from normal to plus axle - sounds fishy to me

I didn't get anywhere other than mk3 highline saying he could not help me any further (who I bought them through)

I didn't actually take it direct to bilstein as I figured from the various other discussion I had seen on the net that the time, effort and demoralisation (sure that is not a word but you know what I mean) was probably more than I could stand and would be easier to just buy some new springs.

Aside of that house project has taken over my life

I have got a set of used h&r springs that I was considering trying with with the bilstein dampers if I find time and inclination

With the front lowering caps mine is pretty level. My

Concern was whether it is a little more crashy than it should be on the rear, but without a comparator it is hard to tell

I got my replacement springs as promised. Can't praise Demon Tweeks enough for their customer service, and Eibach honored their promise to supply and deliver them FOC as well so kudos to both.

Bilstein UK were absolutely diabolical though. If they didn't actually make decent suspension, I'd be posting to high heaven to stay well clear of them! Rude, arrogant, ignorant, and discraceful. Tried to get me to back down by being a bit forceful, aggressive, and bullyish, but picked the wrong person to try that with so the knobber got both barrels and ended up putting the phone down on me. :lol:

A year on though, and my car is still sat in the garage with the rear axle removed, so aside from the fact I've actually put the springs and dampers together, I haven't attached them to the car yet so can't give any feedback on how they are!

Be interested to know others opinions though.

I had the same issue with the rear springs as others, and got sorted very quickly and easily by Larkspeed who I bought the kit from. The difference in height is noticeable and the car sits just right now. Obviously can't comment on Eibach other than they must have dealt wth Larkspeed with no problems.

Tim.

I can't have anyone in the back of mine, that being said I've now put 17"s on and they don't rub unless you hit speedbumps. I'd be much happier with a bit higher at the back but not sure what I can get off the shelf which would accommodate the bigger wheels unless I go back to standard.

Just heads up. After waiting nearly 4 month for my B12 kit to arrive via Demon Tweeks, I've popped the box open and they have sent the wrong springs... absolutely fuming. The box looks like it has been kicked around Bilstiens warehouse for the last couple of years. Not what you would expect.

On the phone tomorrow to DT. Hopefully it will be resolved quickly.

38de4fa3d69eaa8a0133ba7de8284bba.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that. When I had the same issue DT customer service was excellent. Bilstein on the other hand we're atrocious, and Eibach sent the correct springs directly to me in the end. Bilstein know of the issue but it seems even after 3 years (since I raised it) and probably a couple more before me as they were aware, they still haven't sorted it out and obviously just hope that people don't know about it.

I'm surprised this is still a problem! I still don't trust eibach or bilstein based on my experiences of their customer service skills.

I'm surprised this is still a problem! I still don't trust eibach or bilstein based on my experiences of their customer service skills.
According to Bilstein there is no problem. 3 recorded complaints in the last two year is not enough to make it an issue.

Demon Tweeks sorted the replacements very quickly. Can't fault them really on the handling if my complaint.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk