Philuk

VW Festival 2016 camping

So I can judge how much space I need to save for everyone I could do with a rough idea on how many people are camping!

I could also do with a willing participant who could just keep an eye out and make sure it's Corrado-ers that are coming into the camping, or helping if someone gets lost, I'll give people my number if needs be but it might just help if there is someone who is gonna turn up Friday who could watch over it! I think VAG-HAG mentioned he would be up for it!

I'll be camping, and planning to head up Friday so could help out depending on timings

Sounds good, I'll get a couple of phone numbers from people to sort something closer to the time :) I'll need someone to help me arrange the cars in the location, I don't know if I have mentioned it but due to the amount we have got registered (double what there was last year) we have relocated the display to the left hand side of the drive as people walk in through the main gates, where cars for sale used to be. we are having some signs made up to jazz up the area aswell :)

I am def coming to camp on the Sat night and hopefully for the Friday as well.

There are 2 others that I know heading down from up here for both nights.

Sounds good, I'll get a couple of phone numbers from people to sort something closer to the time :) I'll need someone to help me arrange the cars in the location, I don't know if I have mentioned it but due to the amount we have got registered (double what there was last year) we have relocated the display to the left hand side of the drive as people walk in through the main gates, where cars for sale used to be. we are having some signs made up to jazz up the area aswell :)

Say what!!!?? :( The bowl would have made an awesome display, such a shame.

I'll be around friday and will help if I can, still undecided whether to take the day off or come after work

Ill be there with the ususl asbos so if you need anything let me know

Also i could probably get signs snd prints made up if need be

Speak for yourself boyo!

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

I'm moving house on the Monday now so won't be camping after all, but should be able to get up for the day on Saturday. :thumbleft:

How big do we need the signs? :lol:

Say what!!!?? :( The bowl would have made an awesome display, such a shame.

I'll be around friday and will help if I can, still undecided whether to take the day off or come after work

I know, I'm a bit upset aswell but it's just the way it's fallen! The beetle display was only 56 cars last year and we have had 80 confirmed afaik so it just wouldn't be big enough with the other bits :(

Judging by previouse prints ... Pretty big haha

Haha yeah!

I'm going to use the Festival as it's the kick up the pants I need to get my G60 back on the road.

It's been ages since I have attended a car show (Inters @ the TRL in Bracknell). How do these things work now?

Do people meet up along the way or just make their own way there?

Also do I need to be a member of the Corrado Club? I've registered my Car with the show but have not purchased tickets.

I'm going to use the Festival as it's the kick up the pants I need to get my G60 back on the road.

It's been ages since I have attended a car show (Inters @ the TRL in Bracknell). How do these things work now?

Do people meet up along the way or just make their own way there?

Also do I need to be a member of the Corrado Club? I've registered my Car with the show but have not purchased tickets.

Nope you don't need to be a member, it's probably worth finding out who lives close by you and arranging with them with regards to getting there, your car will be accepted on the vwf page and you need to confirm and then buy your tickets.

Next step decide if your camping, get there, and get some drink down you and have a great weekend!

Any one going from my area (devon) love the idea of meeting some fellow owners and getting some advise on my 16v, not sure about driving that far only owned it for a few months and only done short journey's.

Really tempted, going to check the car over see if any of the family are up for it mind you my valves is totally standard complete with some rust don't won't to bring the standard down.

Really tempted, going to check the car over see if any of the family are up for it mind you my valves is totally standard complete with some rust don't won't to bring the standard down.

Dude if I had a pic of the blackberry when I went to Malvern I would post it as had front bumper and wing white dude.

Basically you have a rado so the rule is you are awesome!

!also loads of knowledge and new found friends to meet

^^^^

|||| What he said! Honestly don't worry, we're not like your common "club" members where you need a show winner to be "accepted". Mine was a complete mess when I went to Castle Combe a few years ago, and no one batted an eyelid. Its not about the car, its about the community which certainly none outside of VW, and very few inside have. :thumbleft: