Sign in to follow this  
dinkus

I hate Ipswich - Now fixed!! :) :)

Another picture of dinkus's car...

liftfrontext2.jpg

;) :D

lol, Thats mean. Does look a tad high though.

Good too see your car back on the road, Dinkus. Take care this time specially with winter weather comein :D

With that ride height he should have driven over the tree, not into it

:lol: :lol:

Dinkus, I'd get the body shop to fix the water leak... It wasn't leaking before the accident was it?

Ride Height - As Kev says there must be something wrong there, The late VR's have high suspension and his was much higher than mine as standard but nothing like yours... Must have used the wrong parts somewhere... :?

FBLOL!!!!

With that ride height he should have driven over the tree, not into it :wink:

Well the front did actually go over the tree.. ;)

The rear is actually a fair bit lower now and I'm hoping it's gonna settle down as well. The springs and shocks are both pukka VAG tho.

1H0 513 031F for the shocks

1H5 511 115K for the springs

I'll take more pics tomorrow when I've got a bit more time and light tho :)

Bear in mind brand new springs will take a little while to bed down - common problem with westfields on new springs is they can't get the ride height low enough, usualy takes a few months to settle down.

Bear in mind brand new springs will take a little while to bed down - common problem with westfields on new springs is they can't get the ride height low enough, usualy takes a few months to settle down.

Yeah I hope they will :roll: And that was without changing the top mounts, which would have added another few mil to the height too. :lol:

Yeah I was going to say give them a little time to 'sag' and 15 gallons of fuel will pull that height down a bit. Even so, I can't remember a standard VR ever being that high at the back.

But the main thing is - p1ss taking aside - you've got your car back and I'm well chuffed for you.

You're one of a handful of people with a standard VR with refreshed standard components and I'm very interested to see what a 'new' standard VR drives like compared to one like mine.

Mine was 10 years old when I got it and had no reference to compare the mods to......

Indeed. I was only having a bit of fun :)

Glad another has been salvaged from the scrapyard.. was most definately not that cars time to go!! :)

Yeah I was going to say give them a little time to 'sag' and 15 gallons of fuel will pull that height down a bit. Even so, I can't remember a standard VR ever being that high at the back.

But the main thing is - p1ss taking aside - you've got your car back and I'm well chuffed for you.

You're one of a handful of people with a standard VR with refreshed standard components and I'm very interested to see what a 'new' standard VR drives like compared to one like mine.

Mine was 10 years old when I got it and had no reference to compare the mods to......

Well I have to say that even tho I haven't driven it much, it does feel like a completely different car. It used to start wandering and feeling very unstable at speed and it now just feels planted. I'm dead chuffed. I'd be more happy if it wasn't pissing coolant into the engine bay, but ho hum that'll be fixed soon.

The only problem is, now I've got it back the list of things I need to do on it now needs err doing. I've got my head unit and speakers behind me ready to go in, so I might have a crack at the head unit tomorrow. The serpentine belt also needs doing sooner rather than later.

At least it gives me something to do in the evenings now :D

That's precisely it..... a car that gives you something to do is infinitely more interesting and fun than a boring old rep mobile!

Or a fun and boring new car that just sits there losing money :roll:

For that, read Alfa Romeo 156.... a bloke on my road paid £25K for a decent spec 2.0 16V one 2 years ago and it's now worth £8.5K!

And the amount of issues he's had with it makes the Corrado look like the most reliable car in the world!

For that, read Alfa Romeo 156.... a bloke on my road paid £25K for a decent spec 2.0 16V one 2 years ago and it's now worth £8.5K!

And the amount of issues he's had with it makes the Corrado look like the most reliable car in the world!

And cheap too! :D At least you get a return for spending money on an old car, whereas it just disappears invisibly on a new one.