Sign in to follow this  
dinkus

I hate Ipswich - Now fixed!! :) :)

Yeah tell me about it, but hopefully I'll be able to argue them round and get them to cough up for repairs.

If there is anything mechanical that needs fixing, I'll try and get them to leave it and I'll do it myself. The panel from Crazymarcel should also help a fair bit. We shall see though, it's just a case of waiting it out now.

At least if its done under insurance (and it is alot of work) then you will have a warranty on the repairs etc....

cheeky sod

Well... I've got to get in there before Kev....

Yeah the work will be fine, I'm sure they've worked on their fair share of Mk2 Golf's before, so the C isn't that much different apart from the cost of the parts.

You're not gettin in anywere :D if the car's scrapped I'm stripping it myself and transplanting into another C :p

Yeah the work will be fine, I'm sure they've worked on their fair share of Mk2 Golf's before, so the C isn't that much different apart from the cost of the parts.

Just make sure they take out the bonded rear window etc when they spray it otherwise you WILL be able to tell....

Just make sure they take out the bonded rear window etc when they spray it otherwise you WILL be able to tell....

And they'll be having it back to fix :)

Jeees - only just saw this!!!

There was a hell of a lot of rain here last nite but if it looks like the road i think it is I'm not sure how you came off there as its pretty straight?? :roll: - are you sure you didn't have some sort of mechanical failure??

I'm pretty sure it would be written off by insurance but someone will be able o fix it privatly, like Kev says it looks pretty superficial damage really (check the sump etc tho) - Hope you get it sorted anyways mate :|

I lost it coming off the roundabout outside the Audi dealership :roll: 'twas bloomin slippy and it has cheapo budget tyres on it. Still pretty shocking though cos we really weren't going fast at all. It would have made me feel slightly better about it if I'd been doing 50 or so, but it was more like 20.

I went to get a quote just now and they said they can start work on it Weds next week if I want. They've also done a few Corrado's before, including a Storm that went in twice last year for a full front rebuild! So hopefully they know their stuff, but I gotta see what the cost is going to be.

I had a check under the car, it all looks fine and there's no oil patch under it. There's a small piece of tree lodged under there though lol.

I am a little worried cos when I stopped it after coming back from the bodyshop it made a strange sucking/gurgling noise coming from the passenger footwel type areal... there doesn't appear to be anything leaking out (although the car was soaking wet) any ideas what it could be?

I work at that Audi dealership! Lots of cars tend to loose it around that roundabout, if thats any consolation

Not good at all though :cry:

I work at that Audi dealership! Lots of cars tend to loose it around that roundabout, if thats any consolation

Not good at all though

Lol, we now call it 'Dinkus way'...

Not good at all though :cry:

I might pop in one weekend and show you the Corrado if you do me a good deal on an RS6 :wink:

Do you get staff discount on cars and parts, like TT competition wheels for example? :-P

Feel free to pop in anytime!

Discount? On an RS6? Whats one of those? :-P

Yeah, I can get 36% off a TT Competition wheel, but thats still over £1000 a set, plus caps and tyres :(

Still over a grand for the wheels with 36% off!! Blimey.....

Well if you ever see a set laying about for a good price, let me know!

Lol, we now call it 'Dinkus way'...

:roll: thanks guys :p

So the latest update is...

I took it in for a quote at the elephant recommended bodyshop almost straight away.

A week after it happened I had a call from an investigator because I'd only had the car a week and a bit and they saw 2 dents and one accident, so he asked me loads of stuff about the car etc..

Then another week later I had an assesor come round to look at the damage (smart suit, big Merc).

So it's now 2 and a bit weeks later and elephant have gotten all the forms back from the people they need and are waiting the go-ahead from the engineers.

Which presumably means that I then begin the argument with them about whether they write it off or repair it :roll:

I must say though, every single person I've talked to at elephant have been very polite and helpful and other than taking their time, I've not had any issues with them... But as I say the real fun about the car's value will begin soon.

So in the mean time I get to keep driving my lovely non A/C black 1.2 Corsa in the beating sun. Hurrah.

I want to say a big thank you to everyone who'se helped me out with this in some way, especially kevhaywire, Crazymarcel and Nelson_Wilbury for the offers of cheap parts, mental support and everything else.

With any luck the girl's going to make it into the bodyshop sooner rather than later...

Hang in there mate, it'll get sorted one way or another. If the worst comes to the worst, do you have the option to buy the salvage from Elephant and get it repaired privately? I know a very good bodyshop with good prices.

Would be a shame to have to start over because from what I saw of it, it was a lovely example and spec'd up nicely too.

K

Hang in there mate, it'll get sorted one way or another. If the worst comes to the worst, do you have the option to buy the salvage from Elephant and get it repaired privately? I know a very good bodyshop with good prices.

Would be a shame to have to start over because from what I saw of it, it was a lovely example and spec'd up nicely too.

I really really want to get it fixed. I can get a good few hundred quid off the list price on the parts too which should help.

It'll also cost me a fortune if they write it off because I not only kiss goodbye to my C and £500 of excess, but it gets Cat D listed and I lose the £1000 of premium too because they cancel your insurance after that.

So I'd rather get the bodyshop to knock the price down and I pay up to £1500 extra to get it done. That way I get my C back that will be in practically new condition and still have insurance.

We shall see though, I'm sure I'll have fun and games with them...

Hey Dinkus,

Any news on the car?

*Still* waiting for elephant to tell me, they're getting daily pestering at the moment tho. With any luck they'll give it the go-ahead on Monday, but we shall see... in the mean time it's just sitting in my garage taunting me every time I go in there :(

Daily? Sounds like you need to ramp up the campaign and get on the hourly motif! Sorry to hear it's taking so long to get it sorted, it must be bugging the crap outta you. All good things... as they say though.

Hope it gets knocked on the head soon mate.

ta-ta

Woo latest update...

I got a letter from elephant.co.uk today telling me to go take my car in for repairs... no dispute over repair cost or car value and I get some beater courtesy car too! Score :D

at last..... glad its finally going ahead

Yeah me too, it only took them 3 and a bit weeks :roll:, but at least I didn't have to argue with them :D

Yaaaaay! Result! :D

Nice one, beat the hell out of that loan car - you know everyone does the same :twisted:

8) another corrado escapes the clutches of the breakers hope they do a nice job of it i bet your well chuffed :)

Excellent news.

Let me know when it's finished and we'll try going over that roundabout again :lol:

Yeah will do, roundabout basics 101... but with a new set of rear suspension, proper Bridgies...and in the dry :D