Sign in to follow this  
dinkus

I hate Ipswich - Now fixed!! :) :)

Good luck! I hope they've done it properly!!

Yeah me too :roll: It looked ok the other day when I saw it, so we shall see...

So it's back and it's err almost finished.

A few points that I've noticed...

1. There's steam coming out of the bonnet!!! It's jetting coolant as steam from a big black pipe connected to the top rear of the head as you look at it from the front of the car. It looks like it just needs re-clamping properly

2. The bonnet doesn't sit quite level.

3. The plastic surround inside the filler cap isn't there, I've got all the parts, but they're still waiting for part of the plastic clip that holds it all in place, which is on back order, thus could take forever.

4. The ride it is stupidly high!! I took some pictures of it there, but it didn't have any petrol in it (seriously, just fumes) and it has only just been fitted. With any luck it'll settle down now it's got a full load of super in the tank.

Other than that I'm very happy with it, the paintwork looks good (they buffed it all over!) and the car feels so much more planted than it did. Oh and the hanbrake works right at the bottom of it's travel too!

Once the new pads have bedded in, it should be fantastic.

Rock on :norty:

bonnet doesnt sit level....you not worried about that then?

the standard ride it is far to high...you should have lowered it my friend... glad its back though :lol:

bonnet doesnt sit level....you not worried about that then?

the standard ride it is far to high...you should have lowered it my friend... glad its back though :lol:

Oh I am, I'm gonna call them just as soon as I've had my lunch.

I wanted to stick with the VAG stuff partly because of cost and partly cos I want to see what it's like. Everyone puts uprated stuff on and says it's way better then the VAG stuff, but they're comparing 10yrd old shagged stuff with new. I thought I'd put new VAG on and see what happens.

true...but trouble is it will always look to high...might ride nice...but looks naff IMO.

VW knew this themselves as in the final storm publicity posters they lowered the rear of the car as it looked better :roll:

true...but trouble is it will always look to high...might ride nice...but looks naff IMO.

VW knew this themselves as in the final storm publicity posters they lowered the rear of the car as it looked better :roll:

Yeah it does look naff, but it doesn't have to stay on there forever... :)

Now wheres that animated GIF of Henny's that says "This thread is useless without pics!!" when you need it :D

Now wheres that animated GIF of Henny's that says "This thread is useless without pics!!" when you need it :D

I've got pics on my camera sitting next to me, just no lead to get them onto the comp at the moment. I'll post em as soon as I get home tho :)

I've got pics on my camera sitting next to me, just no lead to get them onto the comp at the moment. I'll post em as soon as I get home tho :)

Put a coke can on top of the back wheel so that we can all guage (and laugh at) the extent of your jacked up suspension, LOL! :lol:

Put a coke can on top of the back wheel so that we can all guage (and laugh at) the extent of your jacked up suspension, LOL! :lol:

You could seriously fit a can (standing up!) between the tyre and the wheel. It's sitting a bit lower now it's got a full tank of petrol in there, but still :roll:

Happy to oblige ;)

e-needpics.gif

(I do have some uses :lol: )

:lol:

useless.gif

You called? ;) :lol:

Good to hear it's back again Dinkus... 8)

*edit* bugger.... beaten to it... :oops: :lol:

useless.gif

You called? ;) :lol:

Good to hear it's back again Dinkus... 8)

*edit* bugger.... beaten to it... :oops: :lol:

Ah you're getting slow in your old age ;) It's the thought that counts tho :)

I gave the bodyshop a call and they said they'd sort the bonnet when I go back to pick up the plastic clip thing for the filler cap, so result :D

Right... I really should do some work...

Ah you're getting slow in your old age ;)

Nah, just actually doing some work today... ;)

I gave the bodyshop a call and they said they'd sort the bonnet when I go back to pick up the plastic clip thing for the filler cap, so result :D

Good to hear... 8)

Blimey, you feeling alright? :lol:

Good to hear... 8)

I must say that even though they are an 'insurance approved' bodyshop, they have done a top job and they're really nice guys too.

Blimey, you feeling alright? :lol:

Actually, no, I'm not... I hate actually having to deal with working... ;) :lol:

Ya happy now?

Better photos will follow when I get time

Oh and the hose has split, it's not just a loose clamp, so off to VW I go... :roll: