marks2

If you are insured through Adrian Flux check your policy

I found Adrian Flux insurance to be the most incompetent bunch I have ever dealt with, They insured me on a 205 GTI instead of my Corrado 3 years ago. Drove around for a month with no insurance......

How the hell should the 'insuree' (i.e. the motorist) be out of pocket if the underwriter goes bust? Surely that's Flux's problem?!

The insurance industry is the biggest freaking scam, I swear to god.

Mine appears to be with Marker study . Ins companies seem to be the most underhanded business in world ! .

I found Adrian Flux insurance to be the most incompetent bunch I have ever dealt with, They insured me on a 205 GTI instead of my Corrado 3 years ago. Drove around for a month with no insurance......

This. I sacked them off for sheer incompetence, losing my pictures & forms not twice but three times! Made me wonder what they would be like to deal with in the event of a claim. Transferred my classic policies to Carole Nash. Straight forward to deal with, less form filling & good prices.

How the hell should the 'insuree' (i.e. the motorist) be out of pocket if the underwriter goes bust? Surely that's Flux's problem?!

Agreed. Otherwise what are they actually doing? :(

Couldn't quite believe it myself, they insured me on an B plate 205 in white, even approved the pics of my, quite obviously green K plate Corrado......

I've had quite a few policies through AF. I've had an (non fault) accident on one policy, and currently have it with an agreed value. All of which have been very good. When you have a claim you deal directly with the insurer. AF take some details then pass you on which is a little long winded admittedly, but for the sake of much cheaper premiums (more than half in some cases) I don't mind spending an extra 5 minutes of my time doing it. I'd recommend them based on my experiences, but thats just me.......................

It's stuff like this that adds to me contemplating sacking off the rado and getting something else. All the mainstream companies either charge a fortune or won't touch a classic/modified car. So we end up going to brokers and getting a reasonable deal but from Mr Dodgy in Gibraltar, who's not regulated, and then goes bust/doesn't pay out in a claim.

I'm going to get a new polo, go to directline, and not have to worry about it.

Just thinking of who I can speak to at work tomorrow about this but I'm sure there should be some insurance or protection in place against this...

From my (limited) knowledge though the broker is just an intermediary and the contract is with the insurer but again I'm sure there should be some regulation to stop this sort of thing!

Your contract is with the insurer. Gibraltar is lightly regulated, but regulated none the less, assuming everything else is kosher.

It's stuff like this that adds to me contemplating sacking off the rado and getting something else. All the mainstream companies either charge a fortune or won't touch a classic/modified car. So we end up going to brokers and getting a reasonable deal but from Mr Dodgy in Gibraltar, who's not regulated, and then goes bust/doesn't pay out in a claim.

I'm going to get a new polo, go to directline, and not have to worry about it.

:lol: course you are

I am with VAG-hag !!

Besides You will have no friends if you leave us !!!! :-)

That's a little harsh..... I have friends.... honest....

That's a little harsh..... I have friends.... honest....

Yes, but only troublesome Corrado ones surely ?? !!!

I've got loads of decent prices for my C this year, £176 fully comp £0 excess. Thats with Admiral too, last year I paid £180 to Tesco..... I think Adrian Flux charged me £160ish

Admiral seem very good at the moment, mine was £120 fully comp with 8k agreed value and I live in central London.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yes, but only troublesome Corrado ones surely ?? !!!

Just like the car..... You will never get rid of us :lol:

£120??? . Mods ? What age are you sir ? .

No mods, the car is totally standard. I'm 48 and had to declare a non fault and a 50/50 claim in the past 3 years. It's also declared as parked on the street outside my home. I did get a slight discount as I insured it on a multi car policy with my Audi A6 although that only brought it down around £15. The Audi came down around a £100.

I put it down for 2000 miles a year although I didn't play with increasing it to see how it affects the price.

It's the first time I've ever been quoted classic insurance but I guess it's because it just past the 20 year mark.

I used compare the market and confused and Admiral were by far the cheapest. The next best were around the £300-400 mark.

I asked for an £8k agreed value and after sending them the pics they asked for they agreed it.

Very happy 😊

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk