odub

Blackberry 20vt

I've been continuing driving the car and finding what needs changing or upgrading. I Recently went to a small local meet in Maldon and on the way back melted through the vacuum line for the break servo. This has been cut right back now and I have fitted a turbo blanket and silicone protective sleeve around all of the cables that run across the bulkhead behind the turbo.

To tidy things a bit more I've put in a battery cover and plugged in my Ctek charger. With the state of the roads I think that may be it for this year 961e13c87d2437d30b582baf5e3629d2.jpgd34ce530c9cf7b413e225a04f4f588db.jpg63f7124a391dbc1bde5c15505db297ff.jpg

96d47797f824e8edbf02bf712db7db5c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk

Edited by odub

I think it's a semi regular thing. I only saw it on faceballs that morning as I friend of mine was going. The group was something like VW meet up. It was pretty good, parked up next to another corrado too

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk

After well over a year of looking at my old Recaro Pole Positions in my house I’ve finally got them in the Corrado today and they feel great. I had these in my Audi TT (no laughing) which are the seats taken from a Quattro Sport meaning Nappa leather and alcantara.

I’ve also got my hands on an Eibach front strut brace which I may or may not fit

a9b424fcfd21a2bd08d8281a53d7b10c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Currently tucked away in the garage on SORN until the weather improves. The last time I drove it in December the first three gears were fairly pointless and still had wheel spin in fourth. The seats need to come back out and I need to drop the subframe for them a bit lower at the back plus colour the seat backs from blue to black to suit the car. I’ll probably vinyl wrap them rather than paint. As with every Corrado I have few niggles I need to sort plus a pile of parts to fit but it’s turning into quite a special car

38ad71952087250f6806c07302d3b4ad.jpg

Thanks. I bought it from Peter Black who owned a blue 20vt that he sold fairly recently. I'll try and find his user name for you

Have a search for Pete b

Edited by odub

Part of the package for more power arrived today in the form of Bosch 630cc fuel injectors

d299e7d21215d9472b6a22099b8271ad.jpg

The car is also booked in for a full custom 3” exhaust to replace the current 2.5” jetex.

I’m still pushing towards 300bhp as the magic number but I suspect the turbo will be the next weak point and I'd rather spend on a lsd before a hybrid turbo

Edited by odub
Can't spell

I've dropped the sump off as I had an oil leak at the joint to the block. All looks good and clean so that's good news. You can see the forged rods with ARP bolts and the forged pistons just.

a9391ae403c373a87d0c424f34c495ba.jpg

0f53fb79f767d6bf349ca3b5dccf4c6d.jpg

Has anyone fitted a different coolant expansion tank? I want to get the Porsche coolant cap on but the corrado thread diameter is smaller. I have this spare tank for a seat Leon so am going to adapt it to fit

0f5797cb0688fab349d26bb08b9630d5.jpg

Also, can someone point me in the direction of baffles to insert into my current oil sump?

Edited by odub

I've dropped the sump off as I had an oil leak at the joint to the block. All looks good and clean so that's good news. You can see the forged rods with ARP bolts and the forged pistons just.

a9391ae403c373a87d0c424f34c495ba.jpg

0f53fb79f767d6bf349ca3b5dccf4c6d.jpg

Has anyone fitted a different coolant expansion tank? I want to get the Porsche coolant cap on but the corrado thread diameter is smaller. I have this spare tank for a seat Leon so am going to adapt it to fit

0f5797cb0688fab349d26bb08b9630d5.jpg

Also, can someone point me in the direction of baffles to insert into my current oil sump?

Looking good m8.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I've got the baffle insert in the sump, just waiting for the lads in the welding department at work to tack it into place. I'm going to have to swap out the current windage tray to the older style diesel one though to make it fit

77ad8fb96ce45c1e9f6a98106432d21b.jpg

Ive had these solid gear selector mounts kicking about for a while. I have family in the USA, so got them to bring them over. Made by Phenix Engineering

70c474537bebb1f57374b250ef00d29f.jpg

And fitted. Should tighten up the gear change apparently

b07fbfae047fafd5e645a0a1bb00eb85.jpg

Also fitted my HEL Performance braided clutch line

Edited by odub

I've got the baffle insert in the sump, just waiting for the lads in the welding department at work to tack it into place. I'm going to have to swap out the current windage tray to the older style diesel one though to make it fit

77ad8fb96ce45c1e9f6a98106432d21b.jpg

Ive had these solid gear selector mounts kicking about for a while. I have family in the USA, so got them to bring them over. Made by Phenix Engineering

70c474537bebb1f57374b250ef00d29f.jpg

And fitted. Should tighten up the gear change apparently

b07fbfae047fafd5e645a0a1bb00eb85.jpg

Also fitted my HEL Performance braided clutch line

Looking good oli.

What gear selector and cables are you using? Original o2a?

Its the one thing i didnt tackle during my rebuild i should of done.

Ive been reading up on fitting the later o2j setup but just confused myself lol lots of conflicting info.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

They are the originals currently. One of the next jobs is to change the selector and cables to the 02J setup, luckily I have one in the loft. The distance of the throw between the gears is ridiculous as standard and I'm sure the car is dropping out of boost before I can get another gear in

http://clubgti.com/showthread.php?193257

I'm looking to swap the wheel bolts over to wheel studs. I bought one to check the fitment and I like it so more have been ordered

fc48e0150f97dab66435c3531ad88654.jpg

Putting the wheels bolts back in I stupidly sheared one of them. Hopefully I can get some grips on the bit that is left in the hub and get it back out easily. Lesson learnt, don't fit cheap wheel bolts. This is unlike me and everything else on the car cost a small fortune, can't believe I skimped on something so vital

143271f711109eed18d26316b1ab8632.jpg

Edited by odub

The newly baffled sump is back on and looking good with no leaks now. There is a new oil filter on and yet another lot of fresh oil. The car fired up but didn't idle well, stalled and now has refused to fire again. I'll try again tomorrow but will get the cold start map checked out when the car is at the dyno in a month or so

cracking on there odub, impressive attention to detail as always. Don't worry about the wheel bolt, can happen to anyone.

Thanks Hasan. Moral of the story is do not buy cheap parts, the wheel studs are high tensile steel so should be a good upgrade

This sump is from a mk2 Golf 8v PB engine with the oil drain for the turbo welded in. My 20v block is the 058, older style which is essentially the same as the 8v and 16v block such as PB, KR, 9A, ABF etc. Originally from a 1999 Passat. It's now a bit of an oddball but being VW, lots of different parts fit

This sump is from a mk2 Golf 8v PB engine with the oil drain for the turbo welded in. My 20v block is the 058, older style which is essentially the same as the 8v and 16v block such as PB, KR, 9A, ABF etc. Originally from a 1999 Passat. It's now a bit of an oddball but being VW, lots of different parts fit

Ahh, I see. So you have a bit of a Frankenstien motor then? :lol: Looking good mate, supprising to see 2 Blackberry 20v's being built on the same forum. :thumbleft: