odub

Blackberry 20vt

ABS sorter? Still wonder What was the issue

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

Still not cured but I promise I will have a look soon

That's the one. Engine is very close to being complete but I need to sell my Audi TT to make garage space to put the Corrado in. It's not a great time of year to be selling cars.

I'll try and get some engine pics up soon

Definitely worse time to sell. I'm selling my polo coupe 1.6 16v turbo project, worse time 😂 Bet you can't wait for 1.8t. Turbo the 9A!!

I've got the corrado home now so I can carry on working on it over the winter. It's booked in to have alignment sorted this Wednesday, so all coming together a bit more. I'm impressed by the Bridgestone tyres, even in this weather.

Next on the to do list is solve the abs fault, change the speakers from the originals and give it a general tidy up

I haven't updated this for a while, lots going on but the corrado is at mine and in the garage. I've had it on the road and bedded in the new brakes, adjusted the ride height and had the alignment set (-1 degree camber on the front). I've given it a full machine polish, cleaned the interior thoroughly and set about a few niggles. The old 16v doesn't have the power I need but this car seriously hustles in the corners. I haven't got anywhere near the limit of traction yet. I think I'd forgotten what it was like to drive a Corrado fast since only driving modern cars lately.

20170219_143638.jpg

20170218_173606.jpg

20170226_114156.jpg

Finally I've got to fit my wooden Italvolanti Imola steering wheel. I'm a bit torn as to whether to keep it or not as it does stand out a lot. Could be a good thing though on a car like this

20170305_145105.jpg

I love the steering wheel! Just not sure it suits the corrado..? It's a bit to retro for a modern classic in my opinion, but it's not like it's a hard thing to change so worth running it for a while and seeing if you get used to it.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Thanks Spuddy, it is a nice wheel and feels good too. Next up to fit is my three spoke black leather Italvolanti and give that a go

Here we go

Up in the air. Braided brake lines going on the rear to match the fronts and where there is a bit of damage to the under seal I will be using the wire wheel to take back and then re-apply

20170329_173544.jpg

Anyone after a 16 valve?

20170331_093642.jpg

Nice big stoppers on the front

20170331_164303.jpg

I've been laying on my back for hours touching in the under seal where needed and very patiently changing the brake hoses for braided ones including the inners at the rear beam

20170402_104016.jpg

I've also stripped the calipers and carriers, then painted them black and refitted with new bolts and stainless bleed nipples

20170402_103943.jpg

More coming very soon

Edited by odub

Everything about your car looks so clean mate! Don't envy you swapping all those braided hoses over. Your lucky you didn't break and copper ends off!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Thanks, it's maybe not as clean as it looks, could do with a full paint job but no rust or anything too bad.

the nice thing about not using the car daily is I can take my time. I had the brake line joints squirted every day for three days before un-doing then used one of these flare nut spanners to undo

https://eshop.wurth.com.au/Brake-line-wrench-set-flexible-4-pieces-DBENDRGSKTWRNCH-SET-FLEX-WS8-15MM-4PCS/071427050.sku/en/US/AUD/

The harder you pull, the tighter they grip

I've had a busy couple of days working in the car.

Most of the front end has been removed to replace the wings that have a bit of rot at the bases and to attempt to fit in the intercooler and oil cooler in preparation for the turbo engine

IMG_20170428_150834_674.jpg

I'm mega happy that there is no rust either side

20170429_165950.jpg

I need to make up a couple of brackets to secure the top of the intercooler and oil cooler

20170429_171150.jpg

20170429_172618.jpg

20170429_172825.jpg

With the bumper fitted you wouldn't know it was there

A bit of a change of heart about the Turbo Technics boost gauge, I've decided to fit the Stack gauge instead

20170430_110437.jpg

20170430_110921.jpg

It's turning out to be a nice place to be in this car

20170430_111710.jpg

I've fitted up the new smoothed wings and refitted the arch liners too

20170501_175456.jpg

20170501_181446.jpg

I'm pretty much there with the build for now. Next step will be the engine bay tidy up but have nowhere to put the engine whilst I'm working, see my for sale ad

With the red rear lights I've used an amber led to solve them flashing red. This caused the indicators to flash too fast so now that the connectors for the side repeaters are redundant I've fitted in some resistors and am back to flashing normally

20170513_175035.jpg

20170513_174743.jpg

I've finally got round to fitting my 20v badges after painting them silver

20170514_112709.jpg

20170514_120501.jpg

20170513_183305.jpg

With the red rear lights I've used an amber led to solve them flashing red. This caused the indicators to flash too fast so now that the connectors for the side repeaters are redundant I've fitted in some resistors and am back to flashing normally

Clearly you should of fitted magic CAN bus LEDs :)

20170513_183305.jpg

Nice, where did you get that ? I have one from a 20v fiat coupe I want to use

The LEDs were can bus supposedly.

The badges are 3D printed from Peter Black who is on this forum. I bought them some time ago when I still had my blue car. They came with red font originally

The LEDs were can bus supposedly.

Ha Ha, love that phrase, even though they have nothing to do with the CAN bus (even if you had one)

I'm hoping very soon. I'm waiting for my final bill and a few finishing touches. I've got the cash for it and getting very itchy to get it sorted

that is on my mind and i'm thinking of how to go about it. The lower section of the intercooler is in line with the lower grille of the bumper, so there is some airflow there. One thing I try to avoid is hacking the car up in any way if I can avoid it. I may be able to duct in from the foglights ala Cult Society ducts or the numberplate recess may get some large holes in. I am fully open to suggestions on this if anyone has any ideas