odub

Blackberry 20vt

Thank you very much. there's still a lot of little finishing touches to do and one major one, I would like a fresh paint job

It's been a bit quiet with the Corrado lately due to spending a load of time before LoCo show, went for a quick drive and the heater matrix spigot in the engine bay crumbled off. I had a severe lack of enthusiasm to fix it but all sorted now. That wasn't one of the easiest jobs but done without removing the whole dash905dcb2e507618669106e8afcc2aad61.jpg83f1b22c09febc1278f2e817338de026.jpgfa53d3ccced5735d3d7fd261a621cb57.jpg

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk

I've also got my Cult Society ducts fitted and have been getting involved rolling the rear arches as I shredded the o/s rear tyre down some bumpy lanes.

The car is also booked in this weekend at the engine tuners for final mapping on an Emerald ecu plus Sachs performance clutch kit, can't wait f7b4fd76f9bddc0f3842fea4f7df312b.jpg4263d4bacb8ae38d53487ccf9fb72561.jpg5f04f7bb8046a97866918d4631f594a1.jpgc4e06e085caf87dd02c9e6120d157f25.jpg

looking really good. Are you rolling the arches yourself? I find that its the bottom of the front part of the arch that rubs the tyres on mine - so id' be interested to see the rolling progress, plus any tips you don't mind sharing!

The cabin looks great - ddi gauges, centre cubby gauges tt pedals etc - nice attention to detail there :)

I rolled both arches at the weekend. Mine were touching in the same place as yours and mullered one of my brand spanking Bridgestones. I just watched a load of YouTube tutorials and was good to go, just use lots of heat and be very patient with applying little amounts of pressure at a time.

Thanks for the comments on the interior. The centre gauges are also backlit DDI which look awesome. Just need to get my Pole Positions in and tidy up

The postman has been today with these two parts. Sachs performance friction plate and pressure plate. I can see why they are so expensive now 32ec76cbbcd7f22505be3a7cf89e2a56.jpg

Looks good Oli

Did you look at any axle relocation to center the rear wheels rather than rolling the arches ?

Nope. To be honest, the wheel doesn't look like its moved forward much but I guess it wouldn't take much

Nope. To be honest, the wheel doesn't look like its moved forward much but I guess it wouldn't take much

I think it moves about 5mm when lowered, I checked mine the other day with the wife and my son sat in the boot :)

That sounds about right. I want to change the rear hubs to the Polo version to ditch the taper bearings so could have a look then

Did you look at any axle relocation to center the rear wheels rather than rolling the arches ?

That's a good idea - we were looking at getting some made a few years ago but were unable to get some accurate drawings. I've just seen a set on ebay for about £110 which seems a bit high for what is essentially some plate and high tensile bolts.

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Offet-Plates-Rear-Axle-Low-Profile-VW-Golf-2-3-Passat-Jetta-Corrado/222581188708?epid=2240837848&hash=item33d2df6864%3Ag%3AuJgAAOSwa0VZ5lNn&_trkparms=pageci%253A1aeddbae-bdb7-11e7-b9e5-74dbd1801e80%257Cparentrq%253A6f215ddb15f0aa18b50eb8c9fffc0f5a%257Ciid%253A2

But they're the only options available right now. Great Plates in the US did them previously.

Edited by fla

That's a good idea - we were looking at getting some made a few years ago but were unable to get some accurate drawings. I've just seen a set on ebay for about £110 which seems a bit high for what is essentially some plate and high tensile bolts.

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Offet-Plates-Rear-Axle-Low-Profile-VW-Golf-2-3-Passat-Jetta-Corrado/222581188708?epid=2240837848&hash=item33d2df6864%3Ag%3AuJgAAOSwa0VZ5lNn&_trkparms=pageci%253A1aeddbae-bdb7-11e7-b9e5-74dbd1801e80%257Cparentrq%253A6f215ddb15f0aa18b50eb8c9fffc0f5a%257Ciid%253A2

But they're the only options available right now. Great Plates in the US did them previously.

There were these that lower aswell but they seem to have sold out

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/40mm-Drop-plates-Golf-mk1-mk2-Ibiza-Corrado-/172951137473?

I've had the car back for a couple of days. Was rollered at 262 bhp on very honest rollers at 16 psi of boost and 26 degrees of timing. The engine and turbo has a lot more to give but was all tuned conservatively due to the injectors not supplying enough fuel and possibly at least one of them having a poor spray pattern which I need to get tested. The clutch is nowhere near as aggressive as I thought it would be. So the main objective of getting the car running well is complete and now showing up other areas that need improving. The car feels great to drive well and is fairly nippy but could easily handle more power through the drivetrain and chassis. I'm still aiming for 300 bhp after bigger injectors which should be rapid and make better use of the long ratios on the diesel gearbox that is fitted

Edited by odub

I've had the car back for a couple of days. Was rollered at 262 bhp on very honest rollers at 16 psi of boost and 26 degrees of timing. The engine and turbo has a lot more to give but was all tuned conservatively due to the injectors not supplying enough fuel and possibly at least one of them having a poor spray pattern which I need to get tested. The clutch is nowhere near as aggressive as I thought it would be. So the main objective of getting the car running well is complete and now showing up other areas that need improving. The car feels great to drive well and is fairly nippy but could easily handle more power through the drivetrain and chassis. I'm still aiming for 300 bhp after bigger injectors which should be rapid and make better use of the long ratios on the diesel gearbox that is fitted
Awesome oli i saw it on east coast retros earlier.

Why the change to standalone?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thanks Stu. I was getting a bit tired of the limitations of the agu ecu and lack of tuners wanting to touch it. That and the possibility of a change of turbo and other mods in the future that would just be easier to run off a stand alone ecu like the Emerald. I've also got the advantage of having switchable maps which is nice. Currently have a low boost, actuator pressure map at 175 bhp which is silky smooth and good on fuel, a full power 262 bhp map and another full power map but with pops and bangs for when I'm going to the in-laws.

Nice one Oli,

Glad you explained the reason for the low power, they looked quite proud of 260 on facebook and I was thinking it was a little low for a K04 let alone a K04 on a modified engine

I know what you mean but I trust the guys and their work. It was making more power but was wound back to protect the engine. I'm of a mind to get these injectors tested and run them for now and look along the lines of a K04 hybrid at the same time as larger injectors, then back for mapping. There's still work to do to the rest of the car and I should probably stop the spending for now

Edited by odub

Not so long ago you could buy new injectors for a vxr from vauxhall for quite cheap money, they are supposed to be a good upgrade and direct fit

I'm not sure on that one. From what I understand the Siemens deka injectors work well with the 5v head but others are saying Bosch. Would be looking at 550cc for 300bhp but I can't seem to find any Siemens that size only 630cc.

Would be looking at 550cc for 300bhp but I can't seem to find any Siemens that size only 630cc.

Thats fine, a good tuner will just reduce the activation time, you have some spare for future mods ;)

Thats fine, a good tuner will just reduce the activation time, you have some spare for future mods ;)
Sounds like a goer then. Any thoughts on Bosch or Siemens?

Sounds like a goer then. Any thoughts on Bosch or Siemens?

Not really heard much on Siemans injectors so cant give an opinion but I'm sure someone will know more