C5 OEM

Auction

never seen the storm badge on the left side before...

not read the detail but is their a buyer premium maybe 8%...

just read the blurb... 10% buyers premium.

Edited by delfinis38

never seen the storm badge on the left side before...

not read the detail but is their a buyer premium maybe 8%...

just read the blurb... 10% buyers premium.

it shouldnt be there - should be the other side

which makes me think maybe it has had some rear end body work/paint

the RHS VR6 badge doesnt look like it is the factory position either - IIRC the 6 should end at the same place as the O above it

it shouldnt be there - should be the other side

which makes me think maybe it has had some rear end body work/paint

the RHS VR6 badge doesnt look like it is the factory position either - IIRC the 6 should end at the same place as the O above it

the MOT says its done about 100 miles a year in the last 5 years... has failed on struts and shocks in the past and general brake line corrosion.

Edited by delfinis38

Something about it, i just don't like it, bad pics maybe, not cleaned very well. I reckon it may be worth the money after a proper enthusiast has had hold of it.

Gear gaiter is annoying me as well :lol:

Also, with the recent prices i wonder how many owner are now clocking their cars to sell them on, i know mine looked the same with 130,000miles on it

The paintwork on the nearside looks very poor or it could be poor photography. The lazyness of some vendors never ceases to amaze me. It would only take 20 mins to make that engine bay look like new for the photograph.

Its an auction, not a concours event. Some will see the appeal of buying a dirty car and then posting before and after pics on various forums etc Hence "Barn Find" cars covered in poop making more than clean cars.

It will be interesting to see what it makes.

I'll say £10.5K due to the UKs obsession with low mileage / low number of owners / unmolested cars

Agreed - the amount of grot you can see on the slam panel almost makes it look like nothing under the bonnet has ever been cleaned. I'd hope they'd tart it up before the auction!!

Noticed the Newent auto center sticker in the engine bay, i thought about phoning them to see what they have done with the car, but then realised i'm not considering buying it and just being an arse :lol:

From 2010

Test date: 7 December 2010

Test Result: Fail

Odometer reading: 61,972 miles

MOT test number: 3125 7184 0360

Reason(s) for failure:

Offside Rear Brake pipe excessively corroded (3.6.B.2c)

Offside Front Brake pipe excessively corroded (3.6.B.2c)

Nearside Front Brake pipe excessively corroded (3.6.B.2c)

Nearside Front Macpherson strut has excessive movement at the upper attachment (2.5.A.1c)

Offside Front Macpherson strut has excessive movement at the upper attachment (2.5.A.1c)

The car did no further mileage and passed, so the testing garage fixed the problems?

No advisories thereafter.

Test date: 9 December 2010

Expiry date: 8 December 2011

Test Result: Pass

Odometer reading: 61,972 miles

MOT test number: 2220 5384 0383

I think badge location can be put down to the dealer/person who put it on, my Storm came with the badge in the wrong place along with the VR6 badge on the wrong side

74171B90-DAE7-471B-AB02-65E3D2B73C49.jpg

I have a brand new set of Storm badges which come with the exact measurements so I will get them right when they(eventually)go back on

The storm badge packs all arrived at the supplying dealer with those measurement instructions. They never came from the factory with the badges fitted so the only reason they'd be put in the wrong place is if they'd been removed previously, or the guy who was meant to put them on was lazy.

At the risk of playing devils advocate, has anyone established with VAG uk whether this is a genuine storm ?

At the risk of playing devils advocate, has anyone established with VAG uk whether this is a genuine storm ?

Tried with mine 3 times but still none the wiser. VW HQ aren't particularly helpful.

Edited by seanl82

Sean , I was thinking about yours yesterday , probably because of this thread . When yours was painted , were there any signs of another colour under neath when it was being prepared ? .

No Rob. It was always Classic green, evidenced by the overspray you'd expect from factory on the interior and Underside. Has the correct sticker on the inner wing by the airbox stating it too.