GUS

Leaks following recent downpours

So after the recent constant rain over the last few days, I've noticed water collecting on top and along the right side of the battery.

Also rear boot carpet was a lil damp.

Any ideas to the cause, or where the leaks could be.

Really regret not getting a house with an adequate sized garage.

The battery one is normal, just a silly design, the water runs down the top of wing and onto the battery, i once added a little strip of foam tape to mine to divert the water, but looked naff and removed it now the car sits in a garage.

Thanks for the heads up Jim, so do you think its this flaw that over time leads to battery trays and inner wings rusting.

Rear boot leak is likely to be the small blue grommets that hold the 'Corrado' script badge and the 'VW' logo onto the rear panel.

They split with age and leak water - you can get new ones fairly easily Genuine grommet or Ebay for replica items.

To check remove the rear badges (carefully) to see if they are split - you will need 6 in total IIRC to replace them all.

Worth checking the drain hole in the inner wing at the back under the coolant reservoir to make sure there are no leaves etc in there to help draining the excess water away too.

Cool, will check it out, but I'm sure the previous owner replaced the grommets not long before I bought the car.

Cool, will check it out, but I'm sure the previous owner replaced the grommets not long before I bought the car.

They are only plastic grommets though , they are not water tight . I had mine bonded on .

Well this was a first - driving up the M1 to Sheffield today it was really throwing it down and I noticed a growing puddle in the passenger footwell. Unfortunately I couldn't find the source and this is after I've sealed everything nicely. I suspect the sunroof drains though as I saw a drop on the inside front pillar just about to fall on the door pod yesterday evening when it was parked up. Damn!

And check around the air inlet seal behind the scuttle. If the drain for that area is blocked it will back up and find its way in through there.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk