fla

Parts from Golf mk4 & mk5

Got access to a Golf MK4 2.0. Haven't seen it yet but was wondering what items are worth taking off it. Engine and gearbox are not available though.

So far my thoughts are:

Header tank and loom

Gear selector and tower

Switches

Heater controls for potential modification

Stalks

Pedal covwrs

Anything else worth considering to upgrade the corrado?

Edited by fla

Wings are good sellers if not rotten? Interested if they're silver?

Rear brakes Hasan .

Yes of course! Totally forgot about those. I'll try and nab the fronts too. Dox the body parts wont be available unfortunately.

Geeba - would it be just the pump or the pipes and electrics with it too? Is it a direct swop?

Yes of course! Totally forgot about those. I'll try and nab the fronts too. Dox the body parts wont be available unfortunately.

Geeba - would it be just the pump or the pipes and electrics with it too? Is it a direct swop?

Hi Hasan - pretty sure the pump will go straight on, not sure if the pressure is identical, I was just looking into pumps and racks for my car...

Just the pump, people have said the pressures are different but they look identical to me, I've been running one for a few years now, feels the same

Also

-handbrake with mech

-if you are getting stalks you'll need column & wiring loom and you might as well get steering wheel, although as far as I'm aware you need some mods to the column for it to fit

-if its got climate control you could take the heater box, controls, loom etc.

-battery junction board is always a nice mod

-pull out cup holder if you are feeling adventurous

-arm rest maybe?

On top of the battery the mk4's have a junction board where all positive connections join, it's nice and neat if you have amps/Headlight loom etc wired up

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

On top of the battery the mk4's have a junction board where all positive connections join, it's nice and neat if you have amps/Headlight loom etc wired up

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hmmmmm sounds good.

What about parts from a mk5? Front/rear brakes or anything else for that matter? Gear shift feels really good but will it fit?

Wiper motor needs to be early wiper motor (5 pin) I believe, I've got the wrong one if anyone needs one :epicfail:

Front brakes from mk5 won't fit (again found out the hard way), shifter from mk4 does but you'll need to get polo/lupo housing - well worth the upgrade!!!

ok cool. What about mk5 rear calipers, starter motor, power steering pump,etc?